Poster Appreciation Thread

TageMVP

2 hours ago, mphs mike said:

You must remember the full page pullout poster from the Courier-Express sunday comics! I had many of them, including Buffalo Braves, adorning my bedroom walls

Yes!   Me and my four brothers hung them on the walls in our basement.   It was a circa 1970’s finished basement rec room.   we made up versions of floor hockey, floor football, floor basketball.  We had trains and race cars, table hockey, table basketball, vibration football, wiffle ball, ping pong, darts, rock’em sock’em robots, battling tops, hot wheels, games of all kinds.  My mother’s favorite room in the house to get rid of 5 boys but still know where they were.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

@SwampD & @Weave - you boys do such a great job parsing all the sh*t out of my arguments, a daunting task

@DarthEbriate - you do a great job helping me get more Star Wars sh*t *into* my arguments

@GASabresIUFAN you have no idea how much time you save this particular Hobbit through your admirable attention to detail in often laying out the facts and data “fair and square with no contradictions”. I mean it: it relaxes my ocd.

(the system isn’t letting me tag/@ Randall Flagg, he must be out for more milk)

@nfreemanis a good mod who responds to my posts

@bob_sauve28 and @Zamboni and @Norcalforce me to reassess, evaluate, and confirm or change my biases, basically on a day to day basis 

@Pimlachtops our leaderboards for “likes” received in last year: and that’s SAYING something

@bunomatic is AUTOmatic for good contribution on any topic

Always learn something from @North Buffalowhen our paths cross on this board 

@PromoTheRobot defends goaltending more than I defend Eichel (and THAT’s saying something) but this fellow’s heart is so clearly in the right place given his commentary on wanting the building to be full for his precious Sabres

@Wyldnwoody44 incomparable swag. Enough said.

@MattPieknow more about Math than me, and *THAT’S* say-ok I’m done with this call-back joke

Where’s @qwksndmonster? Miss the dude

@pi2000is the best poster here because he has the best avatar. That’s really all there is to it. Oh, have you heard he played hockey? He might have mentioned it once or twice if you missed it

@Derrico I find to be the Swiss-army knife of sorts of posters: I always feel like, regardless of topic, you’ll have something interesting to say

@Curtreminds me of a young me tbh (sorry, just the way it goes). Though actually now I think about it, I think we’re the same age. Ok, you remind me of a young Marvin Hamlisch

@LTS provides a perspective I can’t match, but aspire to

@tom webster obviously needs to be mentioned for his insight

@French Collection thorough attention to detail. I find you to be a particularly level headed and well reasoned poster

@CallawaySabresconsidering how red-faced he always is about the team and his tickets, there’s a loyal, golden heart there that even Pony Boy would be proud of

@Crusader1969 you have such a knowledgeable base when it comes to the draft and development side of the equation, i find your comments towards others facets, such as the team’s need to be more urgent, exceptionally fascinating because, being so in tune with the development side, one should pay extra attention when you start to spill on it being go-time.

@#freejameWe agree a heck of a lot. You obviously see what’s up

@mjd1001 we seem to disagree a heck of a lot. You obviously see what’s up.

@Mustache of Godyou complimented me on my moustache, once. For that, I am appreciative 

@Broken Anklesand @erickompositör72 should post a wee bit more. If a little is good, more must be better!

@Ducky you seem to have taken up permanent residency here in the wake of the Kane trade. I can comfortably say you are the best acquisition from that deal. We’ve gone back and forth a lot on the Jets over the years and you’ve lost a lot of arguments in the process…but I can honestly say, from the bottom of my heart, that after all this time:

I still hate the Jets.

And finally, @SDS

..you know what you did.

KtaMEu-360.gif

• Haha (+1) 7

47 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Pffffttt

Well, be that as it may you know we all love a handsome set of balls, especially NS balls.  I must make my way up there to see yous sometime, eh.  It's quite a treck from the mighty metropolis of Halifax to Rear Balls Creek.  That's *crick* for yous Western New Yorkers.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I agree with everyone on here at one point or another.

I disagree with everyone on here at one point or another.

... keeps it interesting.

I think I may have even had my mind changed once or twice, and that's not nothin'.

I always love when @Thorny and @dudacek have just a good ol' pure hockey talk.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I never excepted to be here as long as I have... What is this Hotel California? 

I've met a fair amount of you guys in real life, spent time in Sweden with @LTSand Modo who is no longer with us here (although we talk outside of here)

@BrawndoI thank God that he's not a western shooter, because he'd draw so quick that we'd all be dead.

@Buffalonillhe gets to get drunk and enjoy the misery with the rest of us... I hope you're enjoying a white Russian.

@PASabreFanI still don't know what to expect when I meet him in real life, is he a Greek god or a 92 year old man with a handicap sticker running down people on main st in Northern Pennsylvania?! The world may never know.

@Taro Tis his flow is still making mine look like it needs head and shoulders.

@PerreaultForeverI love how he gets everyone riled up, like that little brother you want to choke, but would never do it 😜

@nfreeman

For keeping us all in line.... Kinda 

@Derrico

For being our eastern Canuk, keeping it real. 

And the many many more that I won't remember right now. 

I love you all and hope to continue years of banter and brews! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Well, be that as it may you know we all love a handsome set of balls, especially NS balls.  I must make my way up there to see yous sometime, eh.  It's quite a treck from the mighty metropolis of Halifax to Rear Balls Creek.  That's *crick* for yous Western New Yorkers.

I love Halifax. Tell the Trailer Park Boys I said.....got some smoke??

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

@SwampD & @Weave - you boys do such a great job parsing all the sh*t out of my arguments, a daunting task

@DarthEbriate - you do a great job helping me get more Star Wars sh*t *into* my arguments

@GASabresIUFAN you have no idea how much time you save this particular Hobbit through your admirable attention to detail in often laying out the facts and data “fair and square with no contradictions”. I mean it: it relaxes my ocd.

@bob_sauve28 and @Zamboni and @Norcalforce me to reassess, evaluate, and confirm or change my biases, basically on a day to day basis 

@Pimlachtops our leaderboards for “likes” received in last year: and that’s SAYING something

@PromoTheRobot defends goaltending more than I defend Eichel (and THAT’s saying something) but this fellow’s heart is so clearly in the right place given his commentary on wanting the building to be full for his precious Sabres

@MattPieknow more about Math than me, and *THAT’S* say-ok I’m done with this call-back joke

@pi2000is the best poster here because he has the best avatar. That’s really all there is to it. Oh, have you heard he played hockey? He might have mentioned it once or twice if you missed it

@Derrico I find to be the Swiss-army knife of sorts of posters: I always feel like, regardless of topic, you’ll have something interesting to say

@Curtreminds me of a young me tbh (sorry, just the way it goes). Though actually now I think about it, I think we’re the same age. Ok, you remind me of a young Marvin Hamlisch

@French Collection thorough attention to detail. I find you to be a particularly level headed and well reasoned poster

@CallawaySabresconsidering how red-faced he always is about the team and his tickets, there’s a loyal, golden heart there that even Pony Boy would be proud of

@Crusader1969 you have such a knowledgeable base when it comes to the draft and development side of the equation, i find your comments towards others facets, such as the team’s need to be more urgent, exceptionally fascinating because, being so in tune with the development side, one should pay extra attention when you start to spill on it being go-time.

@Mustache of Godyou complimented me on my moustache, once. For that, I am appreciative 

@Broken Anklesand @erickompositör72 should post a wee bit more. If a little is good, more must be better!

@Ducky you seem to have taken up permanent residency here in the wake of the Kane trade. I can comfortably say you are the best acquisition from that deal. We’ve gone back and forth a lot on the Jets over the years and you’ve lost a lot of arguments in the process…but I can honestly say, from the bottom of my heart, that after all this time:

I still hate the Jets.

And finally, @SDS

..you know what you did.

Thank you for the mention. I agree with all of the other mentions and would like to add @LGR4GM, @JohnC and I miss @Eleven and @deluca67

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

I agree with everyone on here at one point or another.

I disagree with everyone on here at one point or another.

... keeps it interesting.

I think I may have even had my mind changed once or twice, and that's not nothin'.

I always love when @Thorny and @dudacek have just a good ol' pure hockey talk.

I know we've chafed recently, and just know it kind of upset me a little.  You're a good guy.

1 hour ago, Shoot da Puck said:

I never win anything 

Animated GIF

Oh come on, @Shoot da Puck... you know we luv ya.

I would like to amend my ballot and add @TageMVP for starting this thread. Things have been pretty glum in the Sabres' world and all that orbits it lately, but this thread brought a smile to my dry cracked lips. Good to remind ourselves that we are not the ones responsible for what we endure, merely those brought together by the love of the game and team ... and the misery both can cause! 🍻

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Thorny said:

I still hate the Jets.

And finally, @SDS

..you know what you did.

I used to post a bit more but mostly lurk the last couple of years.

I agree with Thorny's call out list and want to thank all of you for the facts, opinions, information, humor and entertainment.

Being an out of towner since 1992, this keeps me pretty current with the team and hockey at large. 

Last, I also miss seeing/reading posts from Deluca67, X.Benedict, Wonder Bread, Spanchaz, and Dave Dryden.    

Edited by R_Dudley
  • Like (+1) 3

Hi everyone! 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

I haven’t posted much in the last couple of months(bad HC, worse GM & terrible owner), but I still lurk often.  Just wanted to say, this is still the best message board for Sabres talk…and also non-hockey talk. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.