Poster Appreciation Thread

TageMVP

With all the doom and gloom around here, (and rightfully so because the Sabres are disappointing) I thought a nice change up would be to nominate the most knowledgeable/unbiased posters.

Or, just your favorites. Maybe even someone that used to post here regularly. People who may go against the grain but always stick to their beliefs. That's rare in this day and age, lol.  I'll start 

Perreaultforever 

I look forward to reading this guy's posts. Usually offers a unique although contrarian take on the Sabres' state of affairs. 

Thorny

This guy should write a book on Hockey. Objective, unbiased and types/writes like every submission he provides is an essay straight out of Harvard. 

PASabrefan

This guy makes me think. I dont always understand, but it's interesting none the less. 

Corny topic? Oh well. I find even simple compliments can make someone's day. It does for me, lol. 

What does everyone else think? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I appreciate every posters contributions no matter how great or small.

I agree that @PASabreFan makes us all think.

@Taro T and @Thorny are very knowledgeable of the game.

@inkman has a way with words and imagery.

@Hank for his loyalty.

Many others too numerous to mention.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think this is a great place and I like the dynamic of this community. Compared to other boards this place is very respectful towards most posters.

I learned a lot from most of you guys about the history of this team and I felt at home here from start.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's because they suspend you for being abusive.  (Don't ask me how I know.)

I hear you, brother.

I was suspended for trolling @korab rules and bragging about it in my first few weeks here.  The history is still on my account.

Lessons learned.

I really miss him (hate to assume, but I believe he is a he - not that there is anything wrong with that).

• Haha (+1) 2

I thoroughly enjoy this community and probably 99.9% of the posters, whether or not I agree with their takes. As far as 'levelheaded knowledge', shout out to @Taro T and thanks to the rest of you whether you mostly just read/lurk or whether you post regularly. It takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to be a Buffalo fan and a fan of the Sabres in particular. 🍻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the chichen head guy.

Winnie The Pooh Thank You GIF

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I hear you, brother.

I was suspended for trolling @korab rules and bragging about it in my first few weeks here.  The history is still on my account.

Lessons learned.

I really miss him (hate to assume, but I believe he is a he - not that there is anything wrong with that).

Hard to imagine you abusing someone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 posters stand out to me.

Taro, Brawndo. LG, PA.....was that 4?

Well, not really....there are more on equal footing....

ThatAudSmell, Inky, Doohickie, Radar, Gatoreman, Wookie, Marvin, K-9, NS (PA and NS are 2 of my personal favs, along with Brwando and Taro and Wook and Tagemvp and one of my all time favs Spoonman).....

Hey, SDS, can we get a list of members, I'll just copy and paste it... 🤣 

In other words, I really do appreciate each and every one of you. But if I had to vote for appreciation, it comes down to LG for me. His insight and knowledge up and down the sport itself is hands down the best, even if a bit rigid at times (lighten up, Francis, 😜, we hear you, and we listen, cause it matters 😉)

Now, where's the beer?

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Thanks (+1) 3

There are a lot of posters here that I learn things from, to many to name them all right now, but @Brawndo, @dudacek, and @LGR4GM have not been named yet and they provide a lot of useful information.  Shout out to them.  

Probably due to my advanced age,  but I can relate to @PerreaultForeverand @JohnC, even though they sometimes are at different ends of the discussion.   

@PASabreFan brings great humor, and some thought provoking comments.  I used to say a Contrarian viewpoint but he doesn’t like that.  Certainly a unique viewpoint and communication style.  

I agree a lot with @Thorny (as long as I don’t pick on Eichel too much) and @Taro T.  

I don’t care for posting lies, “what ifs” that can be damaging to people, and historical rewrites - I will address these.  

I try to bring some humor, some history, some knowledge of the game.  

I don’t think it’s a secret that I can’t get behind Pegula because I don’t think we are lucky just to have a team.  In 12 years that is what he has produced.   I enjoyed the Buffalo Bisons circa 1966-69 way more than I have any of the Pegula years, maybe it is youth versus age but those guys were fun.  

I think the Sabres are the most abused market in any sport in North America.  

If I piss anyone off I am probably not trying to.  

• Like (+1) 3

I read virtually every post and appreciate the effort that goes into them even if they don't always blow my skirt up. There are quite a few posters I genuinely am excited to read, and that includes you, TaroT and Doohickie and LGR, my annoying Sabres brothers. You know the rest of the names. I always get a kick out of Huckleberry and hope he can make it across the pond sometime for a Sabres game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Where's my appreciation?

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952otjcao6j16ft378at

I love you like a brother.

Just a little background:  I am on good terms with one brother; the other I haven't spoken to in decades.  I'll let you decide which is which.

• Haha (+1) 2

I need to show some love to @LGR4GM, @Brawndo, & @Taro T.  Always bringing something of substance. I know my schtick has worn thin on some, heck I bother myself sometimes (hence a lot of deleted posts).  I’d be remiss if I didn’t give a shout out to @Doohickie, @Sabres Fan in NS, @That Aud Smell.  Always willing to engage me and bring some light hearted content. Can’t forget about @Getpucksdeep, who I have known since I was 11 years old.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Hat tip to our fearless leader @SDS. Other than the National Weather Service (lol - I'm such a funking nerd), this board is my favourite place on the internet.

And thanks for the mention, @inkman. I enjoy so many posters here, including you. I especially enjoy when posters have a distinct "voice." There are many who manage that. Including inky, yes. @PASabreFan as well. Many others.

Whither @Eleven? e-RIP @X. Benedict.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Hat tip to our fearless leader @SDS. Other than the National Weather Service (lol - I'm such a funking nerd), this board is my favourite place on the internet.

And thanks for the mention, @inkman. I enjoy so many posters here, including you. I especially enjoy when posters have a distinct "voice." There are many who manage that. Including inky, yes. @PASabreFan as well. Many others.

Whither @Eleven? e-RIP @X. Benedict.

Thank you for the hat tip to @SDS, without whom none of this would be a thing.

@Eleven is on a bit of a leave.  He will be back asap and did make a guest appearance in a GDT not too long ago.

We have lost many over the years.  @X. Benedict did make a cameo when RJ passed.  @deluca67 retired when the Sabres last attained his magical number - all those years ago.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.