GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, 10/31/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your mom's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

40 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

Wow!! What a great game. Too many good things to list. But even Middelstadt had two posts. He's got seven points in nine games. I think he'll sink one eventually. TNT and Skinner with beautiful goals.

Welcome back!

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well I guess the whole "what's wrong with Thompson" thing is over isn't it.

Maybe lost in the obvious, I thought we played much better team defense than we usually do and it was very encouraging. Good puck possession but we kept skating, got in the passing lanes, back checked, and basically frustrated them and didn't let them play their game. Well coached and executed gameplan. 

Also lost in the Thompson show, I thought that was Quinn's best game as a Sabre. Good shot on the goal. Good hit on Raymond. Solid game for him. Big step forward.  

Krebs on the other hand a big meh. Asplund should not go back to the press box. 

Fans getting into it at the end. This sort of game will go a long way to bringing them back. 

Did you miss @Brawndo’s post up thread about Krebs’s game tonight? 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe lost in the obvious, I thought we played much better team defense than we usually do and it was very encouraging. Good puck possession but we kept skating, got in the passing lanes, back checked, and basically frustrated them and didn't let them play their game. Well coached and executed gameplan. 

Also lost in the Thompson show, I thought that was Quinn's best game as a Sabre. Good shot on the goal. Good hit on Raymond. Solid game for him. Big step forward.  

Fans getting into it at the end. This sort of game will go a long way to bringing them back. 

Krebs played really well tonight.

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I believe he's from Potsdam. I know a few people who played with/know him.

I did not expect this result against the Wings.  The Sabres had struggled against them.  The goals against were unfortunate but the team played really well and when it mattered they stepped up. The Red Wings seem to not have their stuff together.  The Sabres were most assuredly buzzing tonight and Thompson's 3rd goal was a thing of beauty.

I'll hang up and listen. 😉

6 and 12 are lucky tonight. As I mentioned earlier the Sabres are now +12 for the season.  However there are more “6” “12” from tonight’s game.  The win was the Sabres’ 6th win (over 6 different teams) for 12 points.  TNT’s 6 point night, gives him 6g 6a for 12 pts.  Dahlin’s goal was also his 6th of the season, 1 each in 6 different games.  His assist was his 6th of the season. He is tied with TNT for the team leading in goals 6, assists with 6 and 12 points.  Mitts, Skinner (2), KO (2) assists tonight giving them each 6 assists for the season tying Dahlin and Thompson for the team lead.  DC’s goal for his 6th point of the season.  FYI;  6 x 12 =72 or TnT.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I agree that Krebs did not stand out, but he was on ice for 15 Sabre shot attempts and 0 shot attempts for Detroit.  That Krebs/Asplund/Girgs line was humming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Just keep up the doom and gloom. Probably the same guy on the Bills Boards crying about the game last night because the Bills "only" won by 10 and didn't score 40 and get a shutout on D like they are supposed every game apparently.

Been a steady optimistic with this for ten years. Was always optimistic about Tage since day 1 despite literally being banned on message boards for holding the contrary opinion. Funny how not bring an emotionally driven ***** comes off as being miserable?

Anyone who stayed awake for the second half of the Packers game has cause for concern, Josh got hit and regressed four years for two periods and it was ugly and concerning. 

Only saw the first two periods again.  Buffalo definitely dominated play.  Very good to see.

I was concerned that they were letting Detroit hang around too long.  Glad that my concern was unfounded.

Holy crap!  Tage popping off!  WTF needs a 2nd overall center anyway?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Been a steady optimistic with this for ten years. Was always optimistic about Tage since day 1 despite literally being banned on message boards for holding the contrary opinion. Funny how not bring an emotionally driven ***** comes off as being miserable?

Anyone who stayed awake for the second half of the Packers game has cause for concern, Josh got hit and regressed four years for two periods and it was ugly and concerning. 

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

It’s a good use for him. Sad he needs defensive staples just to be a JAG but he has 2 years of development needed still

You can interact with people without being so caustic. Sadly it won’t be me because these will be the last two posts of your I see. 

Ice Cube Friday GIF

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.