GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, 10/31/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your mom's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

Last season, the Sabres were 0-1-3 vs. Detroit with Tokarski and Dell starting all 4 games. The series was ended by mid-January. Each team has improved since then. Each team's fan base believes that this is a game easily won, but neither team stinks like it has in the past few seasons.

It's the sexier offseason signing of Husso, Chiarot, and Copp vs. the quieter UFA of Comrie, Boushh, and going with the kids.

The challenge tonight is to see how the Sabres continue to adapt to missing their 3 most defensively responsible defensemen.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

This will be my first Halloween the Sabres have a game as a homeowner. How do you handle games that fall on Halloween? I imagine I'll have the tablet out on the patio while I hand out candy?

Priorities... you put a sign on the door that says "No candy for non-Sabres fans. Because you are here, I assume you are not a fan as there is a game on."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Priorities... you put a sign on the door that says "No candy for non-Sabres fans. Because you are here, I assume you are not a fan as there is a game on."

To be fair, the Sabres have sucked the entire lifetime of all these kids, could you blame them for prioritizing candy?

46 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

This will be my first Halloween the Sabres have a game as a homeowner. How do you handle games that fall on Halloween? I imagine I'll have the tablet out on the patio while I hand out candy?

DVR the game and watch it after you turn the porch lights off. You can speed through the commercials and intermission.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LTS said:

Years ago, I remember my Dad taking a telemarketing call, "You know better than to call during a Packers game!" and hung up. It was pretty rude, and also a bit hilarious. But why is a telemarketer calling midday Sunday anyway? Why are these children dressing up, wandering around, and expecting free candy during primetime hockey?

• Like (+1) 1

Detroit — There's been some tough discussions in the Red Wings' meeting rooms this week.

Bad losses to New Jersey (6-2) and Boston (5-1) exposed a variety of issues, and coach Derek Lalonde has had to address it with different players.

"I had some hard conversations with a lot of different guys (Wednesday) morning," said Lalonde, after Tuesday's Devils loss. "That's all part of it."

Chances are, not too many bets would have had forward Dominik Kubalik leading the Wings in scoring heading into Saturday's game, with October nearly coming to a close.

Kubalik had a team-leading 10 points and six assists, and was tied with Larkin and David Perron with a team-high four goals.

Chicago, interestingly, chose not to extend Kubalik a qualifying offer after last season, making Kubalik an unrestricted free agent. Days later, when free agency began, Yzerman quickly signed Kubalik a two-year contract worth $5 million ($2.5 million per year cap hit).

Lalonde had Kubalik among the bottom-six forwards in the preseason and the start of the regular season. But the rash of injuries quickly skyrocketed Kubalik to the top line, where Kubalik hasn't looked out of place.

Thus far, the Kubalik and Red Wings pairing has fit perfectly.

"I was kind of looking to get back where I was when I came (from Europe) and get back to my game," Kubalik said. "Last year, pretty much the whole season, I just didn't feel like myself. I wasn't getting scoring chances. I didn't even shoot.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2022/10/29/hard-conversations-part-of-lalondes-dealings-with-red-wings-players/69602523007/

The Wings, meanwhile, bounced back from a pair of lopsided road losses last week with a 2-1 win over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday night at Little Caesars Arena. Second-year forward Lucas Raymond netted both goals for his first scores of the season after putting up 23 goals (and 34 assists) in 82 games last season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Shutting off my porch light and drawing my shades.  (We haven't had many trick-or-treaters since we moved into this house anyway.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.