GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, 10/31/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your mom's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Asplund elevates his line mates? 

Im shocked. Hopefully that’s the end of Asplund being rotated out 

I've always liked Asplund. Even now he is one of our better two way players. I know you and most others disagree with me but I don't see this rotation hurting him and the team. 

48 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

wings broadcast is very complementary to the Sabres.  Through the game and in post game   

Their color guy, Mickey Redmond, is clearly a Wings fan but he recognizes good hockey when he sees it and he's not afraid to say so.  I lived in Detroit six years and became a Red Wings fan (I'd lost touch with Buffalo sports in the pre-Center Ice/Sunday Ticket era), and I always enjoyed Mickey  He's an old school hockey guy like Jim Lorentz.

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Big difference from a few years ago when they stars strong but really it was hot goaltending 

btw… wings broadcast is very complementary to the Sabres.  Through the game and in post game   

They really were.

51 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

poor Power, how many bad bounces is he going to get. 

The shortie tonight was not on him.  He played the pass perfectly and broke it up.  Granato will tell him to do it exactly the same way next time.  With a little experience he will learn how to deaden it or deflect it into the corner but I don't see that goal on him in the slightest.  If anything, I blame Cozens for not keeping up with his man which is what created the 2-on-1.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

To demonstrate how deceiving plus/minus can be, Tage had six points and was only a plus 3

Slacker.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Check out Dahlin's reaction in the background

I think Tage has learned that with his long reach he can be simultaneously everywhere within a 10 foot radius.

"Find someone who admires you as much as Dahlin admires Tage"

image.png.60f5e17ef47034e60c95a8d63cb66dae.png

Edited by Doohickie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think Tage has learned that with his long reach he can be simultaneously everywhere within a 10 foot radius.

"Find someone who admires you as much as Dahlin admires Tage"

image.png.60f5e17ef47034e60c95a8d63cb66dae.png

Do you mean like Jack admires Jack?

• Haha (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Asplund elevates his line mates? 

Im shocked. Hopefully that’s the end of Asplund being rotated out 

The rotation will continue as long as all forwards are healthy.  We've got (stay with me, I know it sounds weird) more than enough NHL talent at the forward positions right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He's here!

He's there!

He's every f***ing where!

Tage Thompson! Tage Thompson!

Mario Lopez Kfc GIF

21 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

He's got seven points in nine games. I think he'll sink one eventually

He's got two goals.

8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Missed it live, but... good game.

I'm thinking I'm starting to realize that Tager is Chewbacca, making Skinner the Solo figure. It might all still make sense.

So.... Okie is Leia?

ice hockey thumbs up GIF by NHL

Edited by Doohickie

Well I guess the whole "what's wrong with Thompson" thing is over isn't it.

Maybe lost in the obvious, I thought we played much better team defense than we usually do and it was very encouraging. Good puck possession but we kept skating, got in the passing lanes, back checked, and basically frustrated them and didn't let them play their game. Well coached and executed gameplan. 

Also lost in the Thompson show, I thought that was Quinn's best game as a Sabre. Good shot on the goal. Good hit on Raymond. Solid game for him. Big step forward.  

Krebs on the other hand a big meh. Asplund should not go back to the press box. 

Fans getting into it at the end. This sort of game will go a long way to bringing them back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The best outtake going to commercial??… The Detroit Goaltender using his stick as a sledgehammer to the top of his net… then throwing it down hard on the ice in frustration… Would have paid to be in that locker room to hear what he had to say… 

The Detroit HF board is a fun read.  

Hate to say it, but Stevie messed up this past Summer. First, bringing in a coach who employs an overly defensive boring style (look how the young guys are thriving in Montreal under St.Louis), then signing guys like Chiarot and Copp who with a healthy line up make the team just good enough to probably miss the 5-6 potential #1 C's at next year's draft but not good enough to make the playoffs .

Always said they had a bad offseason, Copp is a bottom 6 C.

trade copp .. that 5.6 mill contract is gonna bite us in the ass hard .. larkin over here making 6.1 .. he should be getting 12 mill per if copp gets 5.6 lol

Maybe a bit overreacting like us after the Seattle game.   But Stevie Y overreached this summer with certain players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.