GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, 10/31/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your mom's favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

22 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Detroit weren’t ever in this game but a few bounces and it got close.

When it was 4-3 that was a game the Sabres would lose in other years. They just turned it on and blew the Wings out of the building.

So much good stuff but I want to single out Krebs. He had a very good game tonight.

Please get out D back. I don’t want to see our teenage Dman with Clague anymore.

Second game in a row I felt like Buffalo was able to elevate to another level when needed most. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JohnC said:

I thought that this was Krebs best game. As was said on the broadcast he was battling all game long and not floating. 

Asplund elevates his line mates? 

Im shocked. Hopefully that’s the end of Asplund being rotated out 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Well that was fun.  So many treats, but poor Power, how many bad bounces is he going to get. 

What an amazing game by Thompson.  His last goal maybe the goal of the year.  

Dear NHL journalists, just because Stevie Y signs 40 free agents, it doesn’t mean his team will be automatically better than a young developing team.  

Argued this all summer. Spending money doesn't mean buying wins in the NHL.

Clearly, Tage was the first star. That's obvious.

Over the past few games Skinner has been a more rounded player. Skinner has shown that beyond his shooting ability he has become a real nifty passer. And this season he has been a bulldog in digging out puck in his zone and keeping the play in the offensive zone. 

Okposo has changed the dynamic of the first line for the better. 

You can see the young players steadily getting better and gaining confidence. Quinn is the best example of that. 

One of the big differences between last season and this season so far is the consistent solid play of our goalies. 

Hockey is a tough sport. All teams have to deal with injuries. Considering that our blue line unit has been decimated and this unit currently filled with replacements has been plucky and solid. Power is a rookie. However, he doesn't play scared and is willing to be active in the offensive zone. 

Confidence on this team is growing. The near future is bright. I'm excited. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.