Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

Well, Davis is clearly a major difference-maker in this offense.  Let's just hope he stays healthy.

As an aside, I read a great feature on Pitts' QB yesterday in the Athletic:  https://theathletic.com/3662427/2022/10/06/kenny-pickett-steelers-starting-debut/

The article includes a clip of Pickett faking a slide in a big college game last year, and taking it in for a long TD after the fake: 

When I saw that, I thought it was a great play, but it also means that defenders are likely to err on the side of hitting him when he looks like he's going to slide.  I wonder if that affected the refs in not calling Hamlin for his hit on Pickett's slide today.  On any other QB, that hit is pretty clearly a flag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, Davis is clearly a major difference-maker in this offense.  Let's just hope he stays healthy.

As an aside, I read a great feature on Pitts' QB yesterday in the Athletic:  https://theathletic.com/3662427/2022/10/06/kenny-pickett-steelers-starting-debut/

The article includes a clip of Pickett faking a slide in a big college game last year, and taking it in for a long TD after the fake: 

When I saw that, I thought it was a great play, but it also means that defenders are likely to err on the side of hitting him when he looks like he's going to slide.  I wonder if that affected the refs in not calling Hamlin for his hit on Pickett's slide today.  On any other QB, that hit is pretty clearly a flag.

And Hamlin played with him at Pitt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Big shout out to Beane, McDermott, and the Bills depth.  We are down 4 Pro Bowl players on defense including 3 of the 5 starters in the defensive back field and only give up 3 points.  Impressive.  Admittedly Pitt isn’t very good, but this is the NFL and any team can win given the right circumstances.  Hamlin, Elam, Shakir, Dodson, Morris, and others really stepped up.  

That said hopefully more starters are back next week against KC.  Also what crock of crap that the Bills are traveling to KC fir the 3rd straight year.