Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

28 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm off this weekend and was debating picking up 2 tix for The Pitt game this Sunday.... 300$ for uppers is simply not going to happen for me. 

Maybe you'll get lucky & there'll be rain in the forecast so the prices will come down 80%.  Oh, wait, this game is being played in Buffalo & not in Baltimore.  Nevermind.  😉

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I know sometimes radiologists read things different, miss fracture or minimize small trauma they may or may not focus on... would love to know if a neurologist viewed the exam(s) and if they were done without and or with contrast... contrast goes to where blood is pooling or concentrated and better contrast a study done without... whatever they missed something that is obvious. 

The exam performed during the game does not involve imaging. It's a question and answer test that is scored. I linked it above but you can look up SCAT Version 5

42 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm off this weekend and was debating picking up 2 tix for The Pitt game this Sunday.... 300$ for uppers is simply not going to happen for me. 

As a doctor I would think you could just get someone to prescribe you uppers if you wanted them. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LTS said:

The exam performed during the game does not involve imaging. It's a question and answer test that is scored. I linked it above but you can look up SCAT Version 5

As a doctor I would think you could just get someone to prescribe you uppers if you wanted them. 😉

I understand each stadium does or should have a CT scanner on premises... is this not true? 

Edited by North Buffalo
add info

40 minutes ago, LTS said:

Haha I good one... For those that have met me, they know the last thing I need are uppers 😂😂😂 some sedatives on the other hand.... 

20 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I understand each stadium does or should have a CT scanner on premises... is this not true? 

CT scans only show brain bleeds, skull fractures or severe edema causing mass effect/shift. 

Concussions are rarely (if ever) seen on a CT scan, especially just after the impact. 

That's why we have all these rules for neuro checks, but again, they are all very subjective. Tua should not have been allowed to play irregardless if a negative neurotrauma 5 minute exam based on his wobbling. 

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

dang - for $300 you could forego the uppers and buy a good quality 8-ball.

Why do you think I go to central/south America so much... 

300 bucks last the whole trip 😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

WR depth, which seemed adequate, is now a legit concern as 50% of their top guys won’t play. 

Its a pass heavy league and our WRs and DBs have taken the brunt of our injuries.  Yeesh.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

CT scans only show brain bleeds, skull fractures or severe edema causing mass effect/shift. 

Concussions are rarely (if ever) seen on a CT scan, especially just after the impact. 

That's why we have all these rules for neuro checks, but again, they are all very subjective. Tua should not have been allowed to play irregardless if a negative neurotrauma 5 minute exam based on his wobbling. 

Why do you think I go to central/south America so much... 

300 bucks last the whole trip 😂😂

I see them all the time... different then brain bleeds and not that hard to tell the difference... small ones can and are often missed... but my ER docs and I often when we see the signs despite the reads treat as if.

PS I work in an area where we get a lot of drunks falling down and hitting pavement or floor... also you can lower slice width to 3 mm or just check the volume to be sure..

Edited by North Buffalo

Perhaps this can clear up any confusion as to the incompetency of the Dolphins when he sustained his injury against the Bills. Full stop: once gross motor instability was observed, Tua should not have been allowed to return period. This idea that his gross motor instability was caused by orthopedic reasons vs neurological reasons is total crap. Back injury my ass.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629470683/league/ovinvbctariqolangujz.pdf

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Whether they do or not I am not sure. I know it's not part of the testing protocol that I linked.

21 hours ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps this can clear up any confusion as to the incompetency of the Dolphins when he sustained his injury against the Bills. Full stop: once gross motor instability was observed, Tua should not have been allowed to return period. This idea that his gross motor instability was caused by orthopedic reasons vs neurological reasons is total crap. Back injury my ass.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1629470683/league/ovinvbctariqolangujz.pdf

Well, it does qualify that with:

*Determined by team physician, in consultation with the UNC, to be neurologically caused

• Thanks (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Well, it does qualify that with:

Right. And that’s why the Phins are even more full of crap. There is no way possible to observe the series of events after Milano pushed Tua to the ground and make the determination that his loss of gross motor control was not neurologically caused. The Miami team doctor needed to cite an orthopedic reason in order to get him back in the game. It was his job to protect Tua from himself, he failed miserably, and  he should have been fired along with the INC. Not surprising given how shady that organization is though. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

and yet

Either the Bills are super adept at identifying talent in practice or I’m still leery of how they do so.  I’m not a big fan of Tavon but he’s at least caught passes in the NFL.  Rolling out newbs every week to only completely ignore them in games seems like it has a pretty short shelf life. 

36 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

and yet

Guess Hodgins got the nod to move to the active roster in Crowder's spot.  Wonder if that means it's likely McKenzie is/will be out of concussion protocol by Sunday.  Expecting it means they expect it.

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Guess Hodgins got the nod to move to the active roster in Crowder's spot.  Wonder if that means it's likely McKenzie is/will be out of concussion protocol by Sunday.  Expecting it means they expect it.

They're gonna need a body or bodies, at a minimum. Is Kumerow playing?

47 minutes ago, inkman said:

Either the Bills are super adept at identifying talent in practice or I’m still leery of how they do so.  I’m not a big fan of Tavon but he’s at least caught passes in the NFL.  Rolling out newbs every week to only completely ignore them in games seems like it has a pretty short shelf life. 

I dunno. I'm inferring (and trusting) that the coaches have watched Austin closely and concluded that he can't do much for them, for whatever reason. Is he a guy who lost a step after some lower body injuries? A shame, if so.

OTOH, it makes my butthole pucker up to think about a rookie fielding punts.