Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Wow. What in the F is up with the god awful “train horn” that seems to blast every 45 seconds throughout the game? Holy sheeeet that’s so crazy hardcore annoying. What and why …

It’s because it’s time for another buffalo bills third down! Someone here can probably say exactly how long it’s been in use, but its been blaring as long as I can remember. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Wow. What in the F is up with the god awful “train horn” that seems to blast every 45 seconds throughout the game? Holy sheeeet that’s so crazy hardcore annoying. What and why …

They play it when the defense has a big play coming up.  They've been doing that for years.  They even have a link for it on the Bills app.

image.thumb.png.df6dacad56bb4feed43f270ccd0b757c.png

Edited by Doohickie

12 minutes ago, #freejame said:

It’s because it’s time for another buffalo bills third down! Someone here can probably say exactly how long it’s been in use, but its been blaring as long as I can remember. 

All third downs but I also noticed it prior to kickoffs yesterday I think.

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

The train horn is old guy repellent. I’m running for the hills when I hear that damn thing.  I’ve muted my television when I hear it.  Some fans claim to enjoy it.  Like I said, maybe it’s an age thing. 

I'm older than you and it never bothered me.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

The train horn is old guy repellent. I’m running for the hills when I hear that damn thing.  I’ve muted my television when I hear it.  Some fans claim to enjoy it.  Like I said, maybe it’s an age thing. 

I never even notice it. 

I guess I’m classically conditioned to only hear it if I see flashing crossing gates. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, inkman said:

The horn is pretty awesome when you're at the stadium live screaming your brains out. I barely notice it when I'm watching at home.

1 hour ago, erickompositör72 said:

I wonder why it never registered

20 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I have ****ing hated it the entire ****ing time.

I think it has become more frequent and more intrusive in recent years.

19 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I think it has become more frequent and more intrusive in recent years.

So you think the Bills have gotten their opponents to third down more often lately? They do it every third down and have for years.

I can't stand it and it's been making me crazy for a long, long time.

Man Josh was picked in the end zone, Morris fumbled at the goal line and Bass missed a fg. That really could have easily been about 55 points in 3 quarters of work.

If Shakir and Cook start to break out then this offence is going to be an absolute treat to watch.

Being a Steelers fan right now must be so frustrating. They have some good pieces on offence but they refuse to let them cut loose. We need 15 yards, we will throw a 4 yard pass and let our guy get hammered. They need a new OC and new vision there.

11 hours ago, inkman said:

I'm not sure what you consider an 'old guy', Im in my 40s (old to some people) but I hate it too.  Annoying.  

I had season tickets when I was a kid (with my father) and teenager form the lat 80's through the 90's and never remember it then, I think it must have started in the 2000s.  Either way, it is something I can't tune out, I hear it all the time and don't like it.

16 hours ago, Zamboni said:

They play it on 3rd down for the opposing team. The fact you are hearing it all the time is a sign our defense is dominant.