The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

I'm with TrueBlue on this one. Rolston was a "screw it lets just promote the AHL guy" move. If we're going to go the AHL coach route, it should be a from an established track record of success in that league. Someone who is innovative and has some fresh ideas.

When Rolston was originally hired for the AHL job, he was hired to be the next coach of the Sabres.  I heard that right from the start from people with connections to Rolston.  Buffalo was very high on him.

When Rolston was originally hired for the AHL job, he was hired to be the next coach of the Sabres.  I heard that right from the start from people with connections to Rolston.  Buffalo was very high on him.

If that is the case, then I am glad that the front office who made that decision is now no longer with the team. Rolston was not a good coach IMO.

It all depends if they are ousted early or if they go on a deep run.  It's all about the challenge for Babcock.  Who knows.  Honestly, I'd love to have him but my more realistic target if let go is Dale Tippett.  I love his coaching style.  

It all depends if they are ousted early or if they go on a deep run.  It's all about the challenge for Babcock.  Who knows.  Honestly, I'd love to have him but my more realistic target if let go is Dale Tippett.  I love his coaching style.  

Its why we shouldn't expect a decission soon, Coaches may become available in a month.

It all depends if they are ousted early or if they go on a deep run. It's all about the challenge for Babcock. Who knows. Honestly, I'd love to have him but my more realistic target if let go is Dale Tippett. I love his coaching style.

I don't think Tippett will become available. Why would he? He seems to have a great relationship with management and he knows, as well as their GM, that he was set up to lose.

I think his brother Dave is the better coach.  

Ghost just felt it move. 

GO SABRES!!!

I actually think Bylsma is better for this crew. He is a players' coach with some grit. He can coddle and push at the same time while having a "sounder system" than Nolan. He's my #1.

I love Torts, and him and Murray probably hit it off.....but these guys aren't ready for him. If he couldn't get over the hump with the Rangers roster he had, as well as he did, his style will lose steam in the 3 years it takes to get this team to a realistic contending point. Torts in Boston would be awesome. I'd be all-in.

I actually think Bylsma is better for this crew. He is a players' coach with some grit. He can coddle and push at the same time while having a "sounder system" than Nolan. He's my #1.

I love Torts, and him and Murray probably hit it off.....but these guys aren't ready for him. If he couldn't get over the hump with the Rangers roster he had, as well as he did, his style will lose steam in the 3 years it takes to get this team to a realistic contending point. Torts in Boston would be awesome. I'd be all-in.

Insight.

I too would be happy with Bylsma, although Babcock is my top choice.

I do not understand the fascination with Bylsma. Between Pittsburgh after the first season and Team USA, I just don't get it.

How did Pitt do this year without him? Didn't they have like 10 more losses and sneak in the last day to the playoffs....playing......I dunno.....THE SABRES?!!!!!

This guy has enough experience and success, and is only 44 so he can relate to the younger guys easier. I think he is the perfect balance between feel and discipline. He runs a light touch if you are trying and listening but will flip the switch if he has to. He yielded to his players deserving of respect. Every critic says, "Crosby! Malkin!", yeah.....but what about guys like Guerin, Orpik, Talbot, Rupp, Gill, Neal, Cook......he has the pulse of the room and lets it go organic.

Much like I figured Myers was traded once McKenzie started talking about him as Bobby Orr.....my guess is that sure, the Sabres would try to talk to Babcock, but he ain't coming. Put it out there well ahead of time that "we're trying". The good news is that they can still land a solid coach as there are a half dozen available. Babcock is a no-go for me. All I needed to hear was Lindy talk about what a treat it was to learn from him. To borrow from the Montador thread.....that's like Max Weinberg saying he was honored to learn from Ringo Starr. Give me a Max Roach .....

How did Pitt do this year without him? Didn't they have like 10 more losses and sneak in the last day to the playoffs....playing......I dunno.....THE SABRES?!!!!!

This guy has enough experience and success, and is only 44 so he can relate to the younger guys easier. I think he is the perfect balance between feel and discipline. He runs a light touch if you are trying and listening but will flip the switch if he has to. He yielded to his players deserving of respect. Every critic says, "Crosby! Malkin!", yeah.....but what about guys like Guerin, Orpik, Talbot, Rupp, Gill, Neal, Cook......he has the pulse of the room and lets it go organic.

Much like I figured Myers was traded once McKenzie started talking about him as Bobby Orr.....my guess is that sure, the Sabres would try to talk to Babcock, but he ain't coming. Put it out there well ahead of time that "we're trying". The good news is that they can still land a solid coach as there are a half dozen available. Babcock is a no-go for me. All I needed to hear was Lindy talk about what a treat it was to learn from him. To borrow from the Montador thread.....that's like Max Weinberg saying he was honored to learn from Ringo Starr. Give me a Max Roach .....

Pitt was dismantled with major injuries all year long...