The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Didn't Crosby and Malkin miss large parts of seasons the past few years?

And the results were remarkably similar to the team without Bylsma. I'm not sure Bylsma is terrible, but I don't think he adds value to a roster. And I can't attest to whether it's bad drafting or bad coaching...but Pittsburgh hasn't developed a single top-6 forward in a really long time. On a team with a lot of youth that needs to develop, I find that very worrisome.

I think McLellan may be a good fit. Wasn't afraid to play young guys like Hertl, Karlsson etc...

We need a coach who embraces the challenge of a youthful squad and can help them develop and gel as a team.

A junior or college guy could relate to them but lacks NHL experience. McLellan would have credibility and could bring in a varied group of assistants. I hope he's on Tim's radar.

I'm still torn on McClellan... He got the least out of a very good group of players.

But he does have the look. He puts his hands on his hips, in front of his jacket, with wide eyes as though he cares deeply about what's going on which makes me believe he knows what he's doing.

I'm still torn on McClellan... He got the least out of a very good group of players.

But he does have the look. He puts his hands on his hips, in front of his jacket, with wide eyes as though he cares deeply about what's going on which makes me believe he knows what he's doing.

I mean, you can argue they were disappointing...but consecutive conference finals appearances isn't exactly getting the least out of his players, especially when one of those teams goes on to win the Cup and the other was a Luongo meltdown away from winning it.

I mean, you can argue they were disappointing...but consecutive conference finals appearances isn't exactly getting the least out of his players, especially when one of those teams goes on to win the Cup and the other was a Luongo meltdown away from winning it.

That's bad mojo. Don't risk that it follows him.

Was talking more about recent years. One won playoff series in four years... Missed the playoffs this year.

Was talking more about recent years. One won playoff series in four years... Missed the playoffs this year.

I just don't think the roster is that good anymore, especially if you consider it relative to the competition in the West. The blue line in particular is really weak outside of Vlasic IMO. That said, it could just be a situation where the shelf life had expired with that group of players...but I don't think that diminishes how good of a coach he is.

I don't think Babcock is going anywhere, and I don't think he wants to leave.  He's smart and is creating leverage to demand more money and power from the wings.  Smart play but I don't think the Sabres or any other team, is really in the running to get him.

2b86ed6.jpg

Ooooh... nice!   :flirt:

I don't think Babcock is going anywhere, and I don't think he wants to leave.  He's smart and is creating leverage to demand more money and power from the wings.  Smart play but I don't think the Sabres or any other team, is really in the running to get him.

I see it differently.  I think the Wings see the coach as important but any given coach is not irreplaceable.  If Pegula offers too much and Babcock is willing to come to Buffalo, Ilich won't match.

When Rolston was originally hired for the AHL job, he was hired to be the next coach of the Sabres.  I heard that right from the start from people with connections to Rolston.  Buffalo was very high on him.

Not discrediting you since you have inside info, but for a while we've heard that James Patrick might become the successor after Ruff too.

Hitchcock might be available if the Blues fail again fo advance out of the first round. (3 years in a row)  Poetic justice: Ruff to Dallas, Hitchcock to Buffalo. I'd take Hitch.

Hitch does a great job of preparing players before the game. He runs a tight system. Inside the game I've never thought he was the best coach.

He might actually be a great transitional coach for a year or two. No team should keep Hitch for year 3.

Hitch does a great job of preparing players before the game. He runs a tight system. Inside the game I've never thought he was the best coach.

He might actually be a great transitional coach for a year or two. No team should keep Hitch for year 3.

I agree w/ what you said, but want absolutely nothing to do w/ him. He is a grade A ######.