The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

From Friedman's 30 Thoughts

25. Luke Richardson, long linked to Tim Murray in Buffalo, said last weekend he is ready to listen if NHL teams are interested in his coaching services.

Murray’s got a few connections that could come into play here. While in Ottawa, he interviewed Peter DeBoer in 2008. DeBoer came close to getting that job, even flying to Barbados to meet with Eugene Melnyk. (Apparently, that didn’t go so well.) Murray likes him. And, don’t forget he played a prominent role in hiring Paul MacLean, too.

All this time I was focusing on record, systems, player usage and development, abili t to adapt, but you guys get right to the core. If McClellan looks like he knows what he is doing while also looking like he is coming off a 5 day bender, then he.has to be the guy. Especially if he doesn't use Just for men. Good stuff. Keep bringing it.

All this time I was focusing on record, systems, player usage and development, abili t to adapt, but you guys get right to the core. If McClellan looks like he knows what he is doing while also looking like he is coming off a 5 day bender, then he.has to be the guy. Especially if he doesn't use Just for men. Good stuff. Keep bringing it.

McClellan just has that "I'm a boss"-type aging hair going for him. Only reason he doesn't have a cup is because Thornton colors his hair... Only reason it isn't more well-known that Thornton colors his hair is because he hasn't score four goals in a game yet.

McClellan just has that "I'm a boss"-type aging hair going for him. Only reason he doesn't have a cup is because Thornton colors his hair... Only reason it isn't more well-known that Thornton colors his hair is because he hasn't score four goals in a game yet.

I think you're talking about different types of hair now  :lol:

Edited by WildCard

This might be the best post you've ever made :lol:

I think this takes a while to get done. He's probably going to take at least a week off before even talking to anybody. Every team without a coach will want to talk to him -- Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, Edmonton, San Jose, New Jersey and Philly. Possibly St. Louis, the Isles and Boston.

He likely won't talk to everybody. You can probably rule out New Jersey right away. Everybody else is pretty appealing for one reason or another.

It'll take even longer than we hoped... According to the twittersphere of reporters Babcock can't speak with other teams until July 1st.

I believe it's midnight tomorrow in Pago Pago.  

Like I said.

The International Date Line works in very mysterious ways.

It'll take even longer than we hoped... According to the twittersphere of reporters Babcock can't speak with other teams until July 1st.

So he doesn't become a free agent until 7/1 just like a player would have to wait until then. Makes sense.