If you're able to attend a training camp session, please post your observations here.

Eleven

Cocaine is made from the leaves of the coca plant, so technically it's vegan ;)

:thumbsup:

"A good vegan meal is like a goo Christian rock band,..."

:lol: That is ###### awesome.

And I've said it before, I'll say it again, if God didn't want us to eat meat, He wouldn't have given us a gall bladder.

Or made them so tasty

Very nice.

Seriously though:  no meat, no fish, no cheese, no ice cream, no butter?  WTF kind of life is that?

3.jpg

I do feel somewhat bad posting this... only because I like to think I am not judgmental and let everyone do what they want in their lives that makes them happy.  But at the same time I am a human and when the pile needs another body I am compelled to jump on.

3.jpg

I do feel somewhat bad posting this... only because I like to think I am not judgmental and let everyone do what they want in their lives that makes them happy.  But at the same time I am a human and when the pile needs another body I am compelled to jump on.

Really so many inappropriate responses to that... not sure where to start.

Seriously though:  no meat, no fish, no cheese, no ice cream, no butter?  WTF kind of life is that?

There's a vegan restaurant nearby.  They do everything in their power to make vegetables look like meat, fish, cheese, ice cream, butter, etc.  That makes no sense to me.  If you don't want to eat meat, fine, but then why do you want to eat meat (that's fake)?

giphy.gif

On point.

There's a vegan restaurant nearby. They do everything in their power to make vegetables look like meat, fish, cheese, ice cream, butter, etc. That makes no sense to me. If you don't want to eat meat, fine, but then why do you want to eat meat (that's fake)?

On point.

I'm pretty sure the people who eat vegan stuff that's made to mimic animal products are the ones doing it primarily for health reasons (cholesterol, weight, etc) vs the type that do it because they have moral or environmental objections to eating meat products.

At least that's what one of them told me in health class one time when I asked the question. This was over a decade ago (close to 2 actually) but it made some sense to me. Having your vegan products mimic animal products probably makes it an easier transition for those people who are brand new to the club/cult as well.

Edited by Drunkard

I'm pretty sure the people who eat vegan stuff that's made to mimic animal products are the ones doing it primarily for health reasons (cholesterol, weight, etc) vs the type that do it because they have moral or environmental objections to eating meat products.

I don't find that to be the case, especially with all the vegan joints where I live and what's on their menus. I once accidentally walked into an all-vegan dessert place. I realized mid-order and promptly just stopped speaking, turned around and walked out the door.

There's a vegan restaurant nearby.  They do everything in their power to make vegetables look like meat, fish, cheese, ice cream, butter, etc.  That makes no sense to me.  If you don't want to eat meat, fine, but then why do you want to eat meat (that's fake)?

On point.

Because EVERYBODY loves bacon! ;)

People's tastebuds are hardwired but are only part of the experience of eating food. The appearance, smell , & texture are a big part of it as well.

High caloric density foods naturally taste good - most vegan foods, not all (some like nuts tends to be calorie dense as well) but most, are not calorie dense. So, most vegan foods naturally are less appealing than REAL food but can be made more appetizing by making it APPEAR to be real food.

(That came out SLIGHTLY snarkier than intended. But it's been a loooong week, so, oh well. :lol:)

And yet my wife is one of those "health reasons" vegetarians and she's not really into fake food.

I'd be stuck eating Pasta and sauce all the time...  Maybe some nuts and Tia type food without meat but lots of spice.   Still would be craving some more...  Just couldn't do it... Soy milk... yuckkkkkk. Love my ice cream too much... 

Had way too much powdered milk as a kid and Soy is too close to it... again yuckkkk.

I'd be stuck eating Pasta and sauce all the time...  Maybe some nuts and Tia type food without meat but lots of spice.   Still would be craving some more...  Just couldn't do it... Soy milk... yuckkkkkk. Love my ice cream too much... 

Had way too much powdered milk as a kid and Soy is too close to it... again yuckkkk.

UGH. The powdered milk you and I both. My dear old Ma practically ruined my childhood with that shite.