If you're able to attend a training camp session, please post your observations here.

Eleven

Was hoping Baptist was going to get the last preseason game playing with Reinhart. Bailey has better speed and defensive ability but Baptist is a much better offensive player IMO. Would have liked to see him play with Reinhart.

Edited by Derrico

Giving Antipin a shot with Risto, I love it. He really impressed me last night.

Antipin looked very good offensively and through the neutral zone.   However, he looks terrible defending in his own end.    How much of that has to do with the smaller rink size vs his small stature, I don't know... probably a little of both.    So yeah, pairing him with somebody who's solid in the d-zone would be good.... Gorges.

So did Justin show enough last night to earn a spot, or is does Griffith get an audition tomorrow in a winner-take all?

Or will both make it over Moulson and/or DLo?

I liked the speed and determination to mix it up that Bailey showed last night.  I will be surprised if DLo is ahead of him in the rotation.

I agree that there wasn't much chemistry shown on that line.  I need to see more from Reino -- I thought he was pretty much invisible.

I liked the speed and determination to mix it up that Bailey showed last night.  I will be surprised if DLo is ahead of him in the rotation.

I agree that there wasn't much chemistry shown on that line.  I need to see more from Reino -- I thought he was pretty much invisible.

Based on the portions of the game I saw, I liked what he was doing. Such a smart, smart player. He made probably half a dozen plays that I really liked, but none of them went anywhere because his line mates didn't continue to carry the play.

Based on the portions of the game I saw, I liked what he was doing. Such a smart, smart player. He made probably half a dozen plays that I really liked, but none of them went anywhere because his line mates didn't continue to carry the play.

I was watching him very closely. I agree with Smell. He was always where the puck was going and usually moved it to where it was supposed to go. Also thought he showed poise in the battle areas, protecting the puck and moving it smartly before anyone could physically overwhelm him. I just don't know if His linemates think the game the same way.

And this is why I continue to beat the drum that he has more value on a top 6 line as a winger. He won't be able to get much going with the left over wingers on a 3rd line. Wasted asset.

And this is why I continue to beat the drum that he has more value on a top 6 line as a winger. He won't be able to get much going with the left over wingers on a 3rd line. Wasted asset.

This is why Sam needs to be the #2 C and O'Reilly needs to be on the wing. Wasted assets!

(I understand why people don't want to take O'Reilly out of the center position, but I think he can be more special at wing)

I've been skeptical about Reino's game, but I think it's far too early to tell how he'll do at #3C -- and I think the team will be best served if he can center a good 3rd line.  So I'd like Howie to keep this going for at least the 1st quarter of the season, although I would be fine with seeing him with other wingers if the current set doesn't produce.

@JourdonLaBarber

Phil Housley said he'd like to see Nick Baptiste make decisions quicker, but added:

"He's certainly a future player for us & we need depth at the wing position for sure. It will be good for him to go down there and be a leader for Rochester and try to work his way back up.”