If you're able to attend a training camp session, please post your observations here.

Eleven

No one cares about gorges contract.

Trading for Kane helped ensure the tank.

I wish he'd drafted Brock Boeser.

The ROR trade means a lot.

This is not true, I feel like this entire board has been griping about this contract for the past 2/3 years.

Murray was a rookie GM and  it showed, I did forget the Kane trade really helped the tank (bringing in a great player who couldn't play that year). I don't think we can put a final stamp on him until we see how Lehner, Asplund, Pu, Guhle and his other draft picks pan out.

At this point, I don't think assembling a losing team and fleecing Sakic qualify you as a good or even competent GM.

This is not true, I feel like this entire board has been griping about this contract for the past 2/3 years.

Murray was a rookie GM and  it showed, I did forget the Kane trade really helped the tank (bringing in a great player who couldn't play that year). I don't think we can put a final stamp on him until we see how Lehner, Asplund, Pu, Guhle and his other draft picks pan out.

At this point, I don't think assembling a losing team and fleecing Sakic qualify you as a good or even competent GM.

I think most people were upset Gorges was playing where he was, not about that we had him or hist contract. If he was a healthy scratch or else wise removed form playing entirely, nobody would care about his short term and small cap hit 

How do you feel about Murray? It might be a little early to judge him as we have to see how his non Jack/Sam draft picks pan out but we are hampered by the contracts of Bogo/Gorges, he was fast and loose with all the draft picks he acquired during the tank, the jury is still out on Lehner, he did nothing to address the Defense last year once injuries hit. The only move preventing GMTM from being, in my mind, a complete disaster was the ROR deal.

The Titanic's maiden voyage was a tremendous success too minus that whole iceberg thing

How do you feel about Murray? It might be a little early to judge him as we have to see how his non Jack/Sam draft picks pan out but we are hampered by the contracts of Bogo/Gorges, he was fast and loose with all the draft picks he acquired during the tank, the jury is still out on Lehner, he did nothing to address the Defense last year once injuries hit. The only move preventing GMTM from being, in my mind, a complete disaster was the ROR deal.

Only the Bogo contract is awefull, Gorges is gone after the season.

The ROR was a complete disaster for Colorado not us, the biggest piece we lost so far is Compher.  (we got Asplund, Pu  and Davidson to take that spot and be better°

Zadarov is not a good professional , I hated losing him but I see now why we got rid of him.

Edited by Huckleberry

Only the Bogo contract is awefull, Gorges is gone after the season.

The ROR was a complete disaster for Colorado not us, the biggest piece we lost so far is Compher.  (we got Asplund, Pu  and Davidson to take that spot and be better°

Zadarov is not a good professional , I hated losing him but I see now why we got rid of him.

I was thinking about the Winnipeg trade the other day when Joel Armia came up. I think it's getting better for Buffalo as time goes on. Stafford walked, Armia is a non-factor as far as I can tell, and Le-mew didn't light up the AHL last year; it's too early to tell what the pick (Roslvic (SP)) is going to do. So Myers is the only piece right now that's an NHL player for Winnipeg. Kasdorf appears to be a non-factor, so Kane and Bogo. Whatever Bogo loses out to Myers on, I have to think Kane makes up for, even if he ends up traded this season.

I was thinking about the Winnipeg trade the other day when Joel Armia came up. I think it's getting better for Buffalo as time goes on. Stafford walked, Armia is a non-factor as far as I can tell, and Le-mew didn't light up the AHL last year; it's too early to tell what the pick (Roslvic (SP)) is going to do. So Myers is the only piece right now that's an NHL player for Winnipeg. Kasdorf appears to be a non-factor, so Kane and Bogo. Whatever Bogo loses out to Myers on, I have to think Kane makes up for, even if he ends up traded this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-tm8GxBxJg

Courtesy of Jourdon LaBarber: https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/zach-bogosian-nathan-beaulieu-sabres/c-291205386

Lines at Wednesday's practice

Group A
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
67 Benoit Pouliot - 23 Sam Reinhart - 52 Stevie Moses
49 C.J. Smith/62 Brandon Hagel - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 59 Cliff Pu
83 Vasily Glotov - Kyle Criscuolo - 64 Vaclav Karabacek/46 Eric Cornel

45 Brendan Guhle - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
19 Jake McCabe - 27 Taylor Fedun
53 Devante Stephens/58 Austin Osmanski - 38 Cody Goloubef 
79 Vojtech Budik - 54 Brycen Martin

40 Robin Lehner
35 Linus Ullmark
34 Jonas Johansson

Group B
Evander Kane - 15 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
26 Matt Moulson - 22 Johan Larsson - 24 Hudson Fasching
25 Seth Griffith - 10 Jacob Josefson - 13 Nicholas Baptiste
44 Nicolas Deslauriers - 12 Kevin Porter - 95 Justin Bailey

82 Nathan Beaulieu - 47 Zach Bogosian
41 Justin Falk - 93 Victor Antipin
Josh Gorges - 5 Matt Tennyson
8 Casey Nelson

31 Chad Johnson
32 Adam Wilcox
33 Jason Kasdorf

Edited by LGR4GM

With the exception of Beaulieu moving up to fill Scandella's spot beside Bogosian, that's five days in a row of consistent combos.

Anyone else somewhat surprised by that?

It seems like chemistry is working on lines and D pairs so far (or at least it's not terrible).  It makes sense to keep the combinations consistent so they can concentrate on learning the new system.  I think DDB's "offensive pairs" and other frequent changes disrupted chemistry more than it helped identify it.  Housley's groupings seem to be a decent 80% solution right off the bat.

It seems like chemistry is working on lines and D pairs so far (or at least it's not terrible).  It makes sense to keep the combinations consistent so they can concentrate on learning the new system.  I think DDB's "offensive pairs" and other frequent changes disrupted chemistry more than it helped identify it.  Housley's groupings seem to be a decent 80% solution right off the bat.

It's like when it came to the forward lines, Housley used his brain

I'm beginning to see that both XGMTM and DDB were somewhat blind to human factors/chemistry/personalities in their running of the team.  Both seemed rather distant from the players.  Housley is a polar opposite and seems to read them well (granted, small sample size).  He's more of a people person where XGMTM and DDB were more into analytics and numbers.  JBot seems kind of neutral- doesn't seem to mind talking to the press but feels no need to ham it up (which might be ideal for the front office). 

So it isn't so much that Housley used his brain; it's more that he used *both sides* of it.

They mentioned on one of the broadcasts that Housley went to the players and straight up asked them who they thought they would play best with.  I can't say that Bylsma never did that but I don't recall that ever being brought up.  It was mentioned that he really didn't talk to players except to coach them.

You have to think that if enough players are there telling him the same thing and it make sense then he's going to rely on that feedback and then see where it goes.  It seems to be going somewhere!

They mentioned on one of the broadcasts that Housley went to the players and straight up asked them who they thought they would play best with.  I can't say that Bylsma never did that but I don't recall that ever being brought up.  It was mentioned that he really didn't talk to players except to coach them.

You have to think that if enough players are there telling him the same thing and it make sense then he's going to rely on that feedback and then see where it goes.  It seems to be going somewhere!

Did everyone say they wanted to play with Jack?!? :lol: