If you're able to attend a training camp session, please post your observations here.

Eleven

Bailey and Baptiste don't deserve to stick over Fasching IMO

Not even close. Very surprising to me.

So we've got Bailey Baptiste, Griffith and an injured ERod and Nylander battling for one or two spots?

Could show the emphasis on speed.

Edited by dudacek

Not even close. Very surprising to me.

So we've got Bailey Baptiste, Griffith and an injured ERod and Nylander battling for one or two spots?

Could show the emphasis on speed.

Do we have any updates on the time frame of those injured Sabres? Haven't heard anything on Rodrigues.

Made the initial roster. Got hurt right after that & had his season go ka-boom accordingly.

I never really understood why he was the guy who stuck around to start the year.  As a first year pro, he was the guy who was going to need that AHL playing time to get his career in gear.

Regarding Fasching:  leaving aside the possibility of him washing out, if he doesn't play much in Buffalo this year, that will be 4 NHL seasons in which he has done zero in the NHL while McNabb, whom GMTM traded for Fasching, has been a top-4 to top-6 NHL defenseman.  That's a clear black mark on GMTM's resume.

Regarding Fasching:  leaving aside the possibility of him washing out, if he doesn't play much in Buffalo this year, that will be 4 NHL seasons in which he has done zero in the NHL while McNabb, whom GMTM traded for Fasching, has been a top-4 to top-6 NHL defenseman.  That's a clear black mark on GMTM's resume.

4 seasons?  He's just starting his second full season as a pro.  He stuck around at Minnesota for a few years after the trade.

So you are mad that a guy who played 3 seasons in college before moving to the NHL, where he played 17 total games and then got hurt (7 when he got here in late march and 10 to start last year. He then played 37 games in Rochester after returning from injury), isn't as good as a player who is 4 years older? 

I'm having Deja Vu, I feel like I have been here before... recently too.

Out of the 3 Fasching, Bailey, Baptiste, I would expect one of them to make it. One to maybe sorta be in and out of the lineup. The last one to never make it at all. That said, I didn't care for the McNabb trade then and I still find it one of Murray's less intelligent moves considering our blueline. 

4 seasons?  He's just starting his second full season as a pro.  He stuck around at Minnesota for a few years after the trade.

My point is that by the end of this season, 4 NHL seasons will have come and gone since the trade -- and during those 4 seasons, the Sabres got zero out of Fasching instead of having a contributing defenseman -- during a period in which they were sorely lacking on D.

It's the time value of money/assets view -- i.e. having something today is better than having something of approximately equal value tomorrow.  If Fasching turns out to be much better than McNabb, that is great, but if he's roughly equivalent or worse -- then the trade was a failure.

Top-4-to-top-6-defenseman, lol. Do you mean he's been a third pairing defenseman who got the privilege of swimming in Brad Doty's wake for a while?

Well, McNabb has averaged just under 16 min, just under 19 min and just over 15 min.  That is top 4 to top 6 ice time.

So you are mad that a guy who played 3 seasons in college before moving to the NHL, where he played 17 total games and then got hurt (7 when he got here in late march and 10 to start last year. He then played 37 games in Rochester after returning from injury), isn't as good as a player who is 4 years older? 

I'm not "mad" at Fasching.  I'm simply pointing out that there's an increasing likelihood that this was another move by GMTM that didn't pan out.

My point is that by the end of this season, 4 NHL seasons will have come and gone since the trade -- and during those 4 seasons, the Sabres got zero out of Fasching instead of having a contributing defenseman -- during a period in which they were sorely lacking on D.

It's the time value of money/assets view -- i.e. having something today is better than having something of approximately equal value tomorrow.  If Fasching turns out to be much better than McNabb, that is great, but if he's roughly equivalent or worse -- then the trade was a failure.

Well, McNabb has averaged just under 16 min, just under 19 min and just over 15 min.  That is top 4 to top 6 ice time.

I'm not "mad" at Fasching.  I'm simply pointing out that there's an increasing likelihood that this was another move by GMTM that didn't pan out.

He's literally only played 1 shortened season of pro hockey, but sure. 

There's a vegan restaurant nearby.  They do everything in their power to make vegetables look like meat, fish, cheese, ice cream, butter, etc.  That makes no sense to me.  If you don't want to eat meat, fine, but then why do you want to eat meat (that's fake)?

I'm with you on the fake part, they just pale in comparison to the real item I think it makes it harder to switch. There are so many good dishes you can make without meat that trying to pretend just doesn't make sense.

That being said, Beyond Meat's fake-burgers smell a little funny before they're cooked, but after grilling they're pretty close. Close enough that I wouldn't immediately think they weren't beef if you sprung them on me. And, a local vegan place called Greyhound Cafe makes honest-to-$DEITY good wings. I have no idea how they got the sauce to taste that correct without butter, and the texture isn't bad either; no bones of course but the seitan has the same "chew" as chicken meat.

https://www.thetowndish.com/2017/03/31/greyhound-cafe-making-vegan-comforting-main-line/