If you're able to attend a training camp session, please post your observations here.

Eleven

Housley said #Sabres will look to get Pu another game this weekend. "He's had an excellent camp up to this point and he's getting rewarded."

Per La Barber

Good stuff. Still a super long shot to make the team but give him another taste of (albeit preseason) NHL game action to take with him to London.

If they keep making comments about rewarding him, I wouldn't be surprised if he was given his 9 regular season games.

This is all very encouraging. He's a player who's been a bit of a late bloomer. If he keeps growing and getting better -- as he has in this camp -- that portends very well for the Sabres.

This is all very encouraging. He's a player who's been a bit of a late bloomer. If he keeps growing and getting better -- as he has in this camp -- that portends very well for the Sabres.

And there's nothing stinky about that....

What?

No more Pu jokes?

Come on, ya gotsta have some humor. :ph34r:

@Aud -

I'm not even sure he is a late bloomer; I think it was due to circumstance. He was traded to the Knights in his draft year and buried on the depth chart. That was the playoffs they had Tkachuk and Marner leading the team and playing huge minutes. When those guys moved on Cliff was given his chance last season when he put up the 86 points in 63 games. He was taken 16th overall by the Generals in the OHL priority draft. Let's hope he continues to progress this season.

Ha.  Didn't know that.  And beer is vegan, so it checks out.

Apparently Bogo is vegan as well, and we're all familiar with his injury history.

Let's see how these vegisexuals hold up this year.    

ROR has missed 10 or more games the past 2 seasons, Bogo has missed 15 or more games the past 6 seasons.... I'm sensing a theme here.

Ha.  Didn't know that.  And beer is vegan, so it checks out.

You can get plenty of iron and protein from plants.

Also, not all beers are vegan. Oyster Stout, obviously, but some beers have other animal derived products (honey, "natural flavors", etc.)

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/12/27/getting-to-know-oyster-stout-a-beer-made-with-oysters/

Apparently Bogo is vegan as well, and we're all familiar with his injury history.

ROR has missed 10 or more games the past 2 seasons, Bogo has missed 15 or more games the past 6 seasons.... I'm sensing a theme here.

:rolleyes: . Kane must eat nothing but fritos by this metric.

Edited by MattPie

@Aud -

I'm not even sure he is a late bloomer; I think it was due to circumstance. He was traded to the Knights in his draft year and buried on the depth chart. That was the playoffs they had Tkachuk and Marner leading the team and playing huge minutes. When those guys moved on Cliff was given his chance last season when he put up the 86 points in 63 games. He was taken 16th overall by the Generals in the OHL priority draft. Let's hope he continues to progress this season.

Thanks kindly - good stuff.

Are they really vegans?

Huh. I'll tell ya, I have serious doubts over whether professional athletes could get the nutrition they need based on a vegan diet.

Thanks kindly - good stuff.

Are they really vegans?

Huh. I'll tell ya, I have serious doubts over whether professional athletes could get the nutrition they need based on a vegan diet.

My google after Pi's comment found something from last feb that they were vegetarians, not vegan.

Phil makes me happy.

No idea where this will end up, but trying things that seem worth trying is a good thing.

It's also sweet that he said he wanted to change things up today, and Sam is still a C. He's getting a shot there, he really is.

Seems like he's been around forever, I figured he was more like 25 and solidly in WYSIWYG territory.

Well, he's 24 years old now. And he is in that territory. My guess is he probably gets shipped off by the Jets eventually as they are so wing heavy.

Anyways, that trade is tilted in our favour right now by a considerable amount.

I'd be shocked to see that. He'll be gone after this weekend. I would guess Sunday or Monday there will be a list of cuts.

Probably before that as his junior team plays this weekend I believe.

My google after Pi's comment found something from last feb that they were vegetarians, not vegan.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/25/plant-diet-powers-hockey-broadcaster-elliotte-friedman

"Friedman notes real men go veg – including his Sportsnet colleagues George Stroumboulopoulos and Jeff Marek. “NHL players like Ryan O’Reilly and Zack Bogosian from the Buffalo Sabres are both vegans and we’ve talked about it – they would never do anything to hurt their bodies,” says Friedman."

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/25/plant-diet-powers-hockey-broadcaster-elliotte-friedman

"Friedman notes real men go veg – including his Sportsnet colleagues George Stroumboulopoulos and Jeff Marek. “NHL players like Ryan O’Reilly and Zack Bogosian from the Buffalo Sabres are both vegans and we’ve talked about it – they would never do anything to hurt their bodies,” says Friedman."

The thought of old half-a-season Zach never doing anything to hurt his body...???? Edited by dudacek

i could of sworn though that ROR eats burgers occasionally, he mentioned it in his Beyond Blue and Gold thing from the All Star Game 2 seasons back. Either he went full Vegan or he still still still does eat the occasional meat.

Oh shut it Friedman, meat isn't bad