Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Random observation: is Whaley a puppet now? He's made one comment. He looks bored. And he doesn't seem into this at all.

On QB situation: "I can't give you a definitive answer right now." Evaluating. Have looked at free agents. Confident that "we'll have the talent" at the position to be successful come September.

Edited by Tank

Random observation: is Whaley a puppet now? He's made one comment. He looks bored. And he doesn't seem into this at all.

On QB situation: "I can't give you a definitive answer right now." Evaluating. Have looked at free agents. Confident that "we'll have the talent" at the position to be successful come September.

In fairness, he was only asked one question. But I honestly believe he *is* bored by this kind of thing; I think he just wants to get back to his office and get some work done.

Said they'll obviously consider him and will try to bring in anybody that they think makes them better.

That question was asked my Mehta from the NY Daily News. He was obviously jsut trying to get a rise out of him by asking him Jets based questions. I think there is no interest whatsoever in a Sanchez reunion.

Listening to their answers it sounds like they are holding back on revealing thier plans for the QB and offense. It seems like there is a much bigger plan than just a Sanchez/Locker type. Especially given his answer regarding the offense being aggressive.

The "team that reflects Buffalo" spiel gets old. Talent. Win games. I don't care if our players are gritty and can bite a nail in half. We've heard this so many times. It truly is the tail wagging the dog. I hope it's just throwing the fan base a bone.

Rex has a track record. I think it's fairly obvious the tail is not wagging the dog with respect to the type of team he said we're going to be.

The "team that reflects Buffalo" spiel gets old. Talent. Win games. I don't care if our players are gritty and can bite a nail in half. We've heard this so many times. It truly is the tail wagging the dog. I hope it's just throwing the fan base a bone.

I think it matters. This town fell for may ray and Barnaby, even when they weren't good. Vanek, Pominville Miller, I don't think the city was completely sold when they were good.

NFL Network just tweeted that Terry led off by calling the Bills the Say-- before he corrected himself.

So funny.

Also: Sanchez?!

Did you see the one earlier in the week where John Elway was trying to thank John Fox for his time in Denver but said "We'd like to thank John Elway..."? He caught himself right away, but it was pretty funny.

He came out and said today that this is how he does things. Of course he's going to appear at the local team's games... That food was ######. I'm not tipping.

I don't really have a problem with it, either. Just thought it was kinda funny. I will say that he looks way better in the Sabres jersey than the others,… like, he might even make it to his kids' weddings.

Edited by SwampD

I predict Rex is going to have the vast majority of fans eating out of his hand in short order. He's going to rep Buffalo big time, and he's perfect for the "us against the world" underdog mentality that Buffalo fans have.

Yep.

He said the right things today. Actually came off as less of a braggart than I'd expected. When the 2 were asked about it, it genuinely sounded like Whaley and he can work together. Here's to hoping they can pull it all together; Bellicheat & Marcia have been atop this thing faaaar too long.

Edited by Taro T

It's hard not to like a giddy school girl leafing up to this press conference. Coming from Marrone's "I'm one of you guys" in his thick Brooklyn accent bore fests to Rex's holy ###### what did he just say swagger. I haven't been this excited as a Bills fan since 1994.

It's been a while, innit?

And if they bring in a real QB -- holy mackerel.

Oh Jesus....the wives coordinated red and blue dresses......

Actually.....works for me.....Aud?

Kinda makes you wonder what happened at that slumber party.

Rex has a track record. I think it's fairly obvious the tail is not wagging the dog with respect to the type of team he said we're going to be.

It's not the tail wagging the dog because you two hosers are misusing that metaphor.

I think it matters. This town fell for may ray and Barnaby, even when they weren't good. Vanek, Pominville Miller, I don't think the city was completely sold when they were good.

I think everyone was sold in 2005-06, when it was new and unexpected -- and they still had plenty of heart in McKee and Griersie.

Two things have won me over to the guy:

1. "We will build a bully."

2. "When it's my name that leads the top of that list. Yeah, it's personal... It's embarrassing." (RE: getting fired by the Jets)

He has a strong desire to show that last year was an aberration and that he's much more capable than that. He's going to do all he can to knock it out of the park.

And I think his openness will allow him to work with the other big personalities around him. I doubt any perceived slights will fester; they'll be out in the open, dealt with and summarily dismissed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.