Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

One of the main reasons I'm not worried about the defense: Mario Williams. I believe he could play 4-3 DE or DT or 3-4 DE, OLB AND take a few snaps as a bull-rushing NT in the 3-4.

In the 3-4 we will likely need to add another DE. Marcell at one, Kyle in the middle and xxx at the other DE. Williams and Hughes rushing with Brown and Kiko in the middle. I'm sure Rex has a relationship with somebody that he could bring in to play the other DE spot.

Oh no. This defense could be historically bad.

Sorry, couldn't resist

My b. I don't read every post.

I had to carry that over from the locked thread. I just found it very plausible that Marrone talked to his best buddy, who Pegula rolled over for and "donated" an extra couple million to keep him at Penn St., only for him to bolt the next year anyway. I'm sure O'Brien told Douggie that if he was really wanted, Pegula would roll over for him. If he balked, he was probably fired in a few weeks anyway, so why not get $4 million and come work with your Brah for an extra million or two if worst comes to worst.

So Rex Ryan was at the game tonight wearing Sabres gear. A few notables of who was with him:

Tony Sparano Jr. who was an offensive assistant in NY.

Bobby April III who was the Jets LB coach last year (Pepper Johnson gone for sure, then?)

And possibly Tim McDonald who was Rex's defensive backs coach.

:w00t: :lol:

That's hilarious! I rememer Ryan shutting down Gailey time and time again when we played them.

Shwartz should go to Arizona, or maybe even Denver if Del-Rio leaves

I'm really hoping Schwartz gets one of those two jobs. Washington looks like it's wrapped up (down to two candidates), the Steelers filled their spot.

DeMarco Murray gets offered 4X4 by Dallas; Jones says they'll use the Franchise Tag on Bryant if necessary rather than Murray.

Smart on Jones. I thought he'd be an idiot with contracts like he has in the past and thrown insane money at Murray. Maybe he actually realizes the value of a RB in the NFL, plus that it's his line that does all the work.

Atlanta, Denver, Chicago, Oakland, Chicago, Arizona and the Giants all have openings. And, dare I say it, the Jets do too.

The Jets? For what vacancy?

Atlanta and Denver aren't hiring him, at least IMO. Giving vet QB's lole Ryan and Manning, if he stays, an inexperienced HC, and a control freak at that, in Marrone won't sit well with their players.

The Jets? For what vacancy?

Atlanta and Denver aren't hiring him, at least IMO. Giving vet QB's lole Ryan and Manning, if he stays, an inexperienced HC, and a control freak at that, in Marrone won't sit well with their players.

I'm talking about Schwartz. I somehow skipped over the part where you switched from Schwartz to Marrone.

Edited by Tank

He asked the defense to hoist him on their shoulders if they beat Detroit. Seems pretty douchey to me.

Here we go with the "I hated that guy anyways" crowd...

Schwartz was ###### awesome. I wish him nothing but the best. One of the best defensive coaches in the league. Every defense he touches turn to gold.

He asked the defense to hoist him on their shoulders if they beat Detroit. Seems pretty douchey to me.

Eh that's whatever to me. I didn't see it as a big deal when it happened, and I still don't. Douchey coaches to me are Mike Tomlin for his handshakes and the sideline trip, and Marrone because he quit on his players and his fans after 2 years because he didn't get his way.

Ok, now I've gathered my thoughts.

Like everything, this hire comes with pros and cons, and I think the cons balance the pros.

Pros: (1) Instant credibility for a franchise that has been lacking it forever. (2) Players want to play for him; free agent possibilities are expanded. (3) Swagger. (4) Knows the division.

Cons: (1) No Schwartz means D is learning its 4th scheme in 4 years, and Schwartz's scheme was the best of them all. (2) Forcing a power running game when the Bills don't--and won't--have the personnel for that.

Like everything, this hire comes with pros and cons, and I think the cons balance the pros.

Pros: (1) Instant credibility for a franchise that has been lacking it forever. (2) Players want to play for him; free agent possibilities are expanded. (3) Swagger. (4) Knows the division.

Cons: (1) No Schwartz means D is learning its 4th scheme in 4 years, and Schwartz's scheme was the best of them all. (2) Forcing a power running game when the Bills don't--and won't--have the personnel for that.

Just to point out, the D scheme is going to be almost identical to that of the one Pettine ran, and most of the players here now were here for that. In regards to the personnel, that's a tougher one to fix. Going to need HUGE FA spending spree and a GREAT draft. That's a lot to bank on.

So Rex Ryan was at the game tonight wearing Sabres gear. A few notables of who was with him:

Tony Sparano Jr. who was an offensive assistant in NY.

Bobby April III who was the Jets LB coach last year (Pepper Johnson gone for sure, then?)

And possibly Tim McDonald who was Rex's defensive backs coach.

Outstanding.

16768209-mmmain.jpg

Kelly and Ryan having a few brews after the tour of the stadium

http://instagram.com/p/x0M2ByLI_K/

Also outstanding.

Good call, but I'd like to hear what Rex and Roman have to say before I get too concerned.

To your point on the power running game: it'll be easier to get the personnel for that this offseason than it will be to get the personnel for a high-flying passing game. Cheaper and more realistic way to go until a quarterback is found.

Cons: (1) No Schwartz means D is learning its 4th scheme in 4 years, and Schwartz's scheme was the best of them all.

I don't believe the learning curve will be that steep since they played in the same defense under Pettine just last year. Edited by Lanny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.