Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I'm not not saying that coaching doesn't matter but I am against saying that he's no good and just listing who played for him. Maybe he does suck but I need more info.

Lee ruined Fitzpatrick.

Fitz didn't have the best of mechanics....but neither did Favre. Lee pounded an academic set of throwing into Fitz's head. The coaching forced Fitz to think instead of do. I knew it was over when Fitz triple pumped to a wide open Chandler on an 8 yard route, bootleg right. A 10 year old could have made that pass blindfolded, and Fitz would have done it the previous year....but he had been so overcoached he lost his way.

I'm surprised Rex would have a guy like that on his staff. Maybe he can be more efficient with a "dumb" quarterback, but you have to know what you have, and he F'd Fitz but good....

Lee ruined Fitzpatrick.

Fitz didn't have the best of mechanics....but neither did Favre. Lee pounded an academic set of throwing into Fitz's head. The coaching forced Fitz to think instead of do. I knew it was over when Fitz triple pumped to a wide open Chandler on an 8 yard route, bootleg right. A 10 year old could have made that pass blindfolded, and Fitz would have done it the previous year....but he had been so overcoached he lost his way.

I'm surprised Rex would have a guy like that on his staff. Maybe he can be more efficient with a "dumb" quarterback, but you have to know what you have, and he F'd Fitz but good....

So it's Lee's fault Fitz sucked years after his release from Buffalo and got benched for the sterling duo of Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett? Sorry man, Fitz was bad well before Lee came around.

So it's Lee's fault Fitz sucked years after his release from Buffalo and got benched for the sterling duo of Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett? Sorry man, Fitz was bad well before Lee came around.

Fitz finished the season 9th in passer rating. He was near that in most categories prior to his season-ending injury, too.

Lee didn't really help though. But I guess he had to try.

How many QBs in their late 20s/early30s really improve mechanics? I feel like once you've been in the NFL for a handful of years, you are who you are in terms of throwing. The only QB I can think of off the top of my head to successfully change their mechanics with coaching help is Rodgers, and in my view that was only successful because he had three years on the bench to go through the process.

Fitz finished the season 9th in passer rating. He was near that in most categories prior to his season-ending injury, too.

He was significantly outperforming his career numbers. If you want to believe that was something other than an aberration, fine, but I'm not buying it. More on topic, his numbers before/after David Lee came around in Buffalo were identical.

David Lee may be good for Jochen Hecht

David Lee is not good for Matt Barnaby

David Lee may be good for Risto

David Lee is not good for Nikita

I saw with my own eyes, Fitz, triple pump to a wide open Scott Chandler on a bootleg, and then throw it 5 yards short at his feet on an 8 yard route in the 1st quarter of a September home game during Lee's 1st year with him........

EJ is already f'd up in the head. He's played not to take a big hit since that Cleveland game. I can't see the Bills going with EJ. Maybe Bradford and Lee would work.......

I'm actually going to go to Wegmans soon and just added some Jimmy Dean sausages to my list thanks to Aud....

I'm actually going to go to Wegmans soon and just added some Jimmy Dean sausages to my list thanks to Aud....

those fingers are haunting me.

those fingers are haunting me.

(sorry for the dupe postings. my interface with the site has been gummy and wonky since the attack(s).)

I'm with Ghost on the Lee/Fitz thing. Not that Fitz was ever good before Lee, but he was certainly better.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/8664/ryan-fitzpatrick

If you didn't know when Lee was hired, would you be able to tell? His Bills seasons are statistically indiscernible from one another. Focusing on one play or a couple plays is sort of like me saying "Did you see Manning's rainbow to Julius Thomas yesterday? He was fine!"

I'm in hook line & sinker

Me too.

"New York Jets owner Woody Johnson, a Magoo-ish rich eccentric out of central casting who wears a goofy green tie to Sunday games and looks like he might play with toy trucks on all the days in between..."

bAHAHAHAHAHAH

This one was my favorite:

He spent a lot of his first offseason talking trash about upcoming opponents, famously offering to fight Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder (“I’ve walked over tougher guys going to a fight than Channing Crowder”) and even more famously announcing that “I didn’t come here to kiss Bill Belichick’s, you know, rings.”

http://espn.go.com/n...yan-fitzpatrick

If you didn't know when Lee was hired, would you be able to tell? His Bills seasons are statistically indiscernible from one another. Focusing on one play or a couple plays is sort of like me saying "Did you see Manning's rainbow to Julius Thomas yesterday? He was fine!"

Yes...that is the point. Fitz went 30 years off of feel, and that entire preseason and early on, he went on instruction. It was easy to tell he was f'ing himself up in the head. Lee was probably the biggest reason Gailey/Nix/Fitz got sh!tcanned.

http://espn.go.com/n...yan-fitzpatrick

I just remember thinking it while watching that season. I looooooved me some Ryan Fitz, too. He and I are soul brothers with the same birthday.

For the record, I like the idea of Fats as our coach, and it's a shame that he's not as Fats anymore.

If you get Dungy, you might, might get Manning back. Otherwise I think he's gone

With the injury news I think he's got one more year for sure. Shows why he faded. Dungy would likely be a one-year marriage to make one run with Manning. Never seen it but I wouldn't doubt it.

I know why.

rex-ryan-ron-white.jpg

Rex 'Tater Salad' Ryan?

Rex 'Tater Salad' Ryan.

Ha! There is some resemblance, but something about the GD snack line that I can just hear Ron White saying. I think it reminds me of this bit:

Edited by biodork

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.