Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

The O-line coach hire seems in line with creating a run-oriented attack. I'm good with it. As for the overdone nosense about the guy's character (Jesus, man), I don't think much of it.

The guy evidently made a mistake, owned it, and felt terribly about it. It matters, BTW, that the mistake was precipitated by Cutler, who, by that point, was basically engaged in a pattern of coach killing insubordination (calling out of almost every play at the line).

The O-line coach hire seems in line with creating a run-oriented attack. I'm good with it. As for the overdone nosense about the guy's character (Jesus, man), I don't think much of it.

The guy evidently made a mistake, owned it, and felt terribly about it. It matters, BTW, that the mistake was precipitated by Cutler, who, by that point, was basically engaged in a pattern of coach killing insubordination (calling out of almost every play at the line).

He made a mistake and got caught....thus, felt "terrible".

He also is supposedly a rat on the Sean Payton / Greggo Bountygate.

Fool me once.....

I am very underwhelmed by the offensive staff. QB/OL/WR coaches all have major points against them, one way or another. I like Ryan a lot, so I cling to hope.

I don't see the point of placing a new stadium next to the current location.

I'm sure it will be downtown. For a group that didn't want to be real estate developers, the word was out 2+ years ago and everything strategic has been gobbled up.

After watching the video of Rex's first two days in Buffalo, I don't see the point of building a new stadium.

That's not the stadium. It's the practice facility which would probably stay right where it is. RWS will be 50 years old and will need to undergo a major overhaul to the tune of 550 Million Dollars. An enclosed stadium would be about 200 Million more but would offer the opportunity for other events. Plus one of the conditions to keeping the team local was strong emphasis on a new stadium. Downtown Locations would be closer to the Southern Ontario Market and Rochester and would also has better mass transit in place.

That's not the stadium. It's the practice facility which would probably stay right where it is. RWS will be 50 years old and will need to undergo a major overhaul to the tune of 550 Million Dollars. An enclosed stadium would be about 200 Million more but would offer the opportunity for other events. Plus one of the conditions to keeping the team local was strong emphasis on a new stadium. Downtown Locations would be closer to the Southern Ontario Market and Rochester and would also has better mass transit in place.

Short version: a new stadium is necessary because the NFL wants more revenues :)

It's just a pay to play scheme, and all we can hope for is it ends up being useful for other things, because the pure dollars involved are unlikely to be recovered.

Short version: a new stadium is necessary because the NFL wants more revenues :)

It's just a pay to play scheme, and all we can hope for is it ends up being useful for other things, because the pure dollars involved are unlikely to be recovered.

I assume you are tacitly admitting defeat in the "new stadium will only cost $300MM" debate?

I assume you are tacitly admitting defeat in the "new stadium will only cost $300MM" debate?

If you can find a post where I specifically said it would only be $300MM, I will happily admit defeat. I know I cited stadium builds in the 2000s which cost $500M or less, but I don't recall claiming it would only cost 300 to build one now given inflation and whatnot. My overarching point was and remains that a new stadium need not be a $1.4B palace a la the Cowboys and Giants/Jets. Just keeping it open air would save a couple hundred million, to say nothing of solid done vs retractable.

That said, I fully expect a domed stadium and mixed-use facility, which will of course jack up the price.

Here's the visual representation of all three downtown stadiums in one that I made...

NJESpGW.png

And the team's statement on the report:

“The document contains some interesting information and while neither the Bills organization nor the New Stadium Working Group played a role in this project, we certainly appreciate the state’s efforts related to the compilation of this research.”

You'redrinking the kool aide

You'redrinking the kool aide

Nope. I remember back in the 80's someone had painted a sign at the corner of North Oak and Genesee St that stated "Will the last person leaving Buffalo please turn out the lights" The Hilton (now the Adams Mark) was the only hotel. The area around Aud was desolate on nights it was not being used.

Now the downtown area is being completely revitalized by both private and government investment, putting the new stadium down in the area makes sense. You have the Metro Rail and the Amtrak Station right there for transportation purposes. There is even talk about building a new convention center in the area as well. Besides the older I get, sitting outside in December and hopefully January for a football game gets less and less appealing.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Nope. I remember back in the 80's someone had painted a sign at the corner of North Oak and Genesee St that stated "Will the last person leaving Buffalo please turn out the lights" The Hilton (now the Adams Mark) was the only hotel. The area around Aud was desolate on nights it was not being used.

Now the downtown area is being completely revitalized by both private and government investment, putting the new stadium down in the area makes sense. You have the Metro Rail and the Amtrak Station right there for transportation purposes. There is even talk about building a new convention center in the area as well. Besides the older I get, sitting outside in December and hopefully January for a football game gets less and less appealing.

Is the kool ade grape or cherry?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.