Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Marcus Mariotta - 24/37, 333yrds, 2td

Cardale Jones - 16/23, 242yrds, 1td

... A QB with no game tape was able to beat a Alabama team and Oregon team which is impressive, however he wasn't the reason they won. A contributing factor yes, but the sole reason, no. OSU run game and defense are what allowed them to win. Cardale Jones is not a 2nd round pick and probably isn't above a 5th round pick. Feel free to take a flyer on him but if the Bills draft him with a 2nd I will actually become a Falcons fan because this franchise has reached f##k#ng idiots status.

Relax, Francis.

It's not about how his raw numbers compared with the Oregon guy or whether he carried the team on his back. It's about his physical tools, his evident talent, and some of the things he was able to do on a big stage (e.g., "make all the throws," as many scouts like to say). I think it'd be a significant risk to take him this year with a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but it could be one worth taking.

I'm hoping he goes back to Ohio State, and emerges in 2016 as a top-overall pick candidate. That is, provided he does not go to the Jets at that time.

There are lots of QB's every year that have "physical tools and evident talent" but 3 games, even if they were big games doesn't make him worth a 2nd or a 3rd rounder. I can't agree, sorry. If he returned to college next year it gives the teams he could potentially see in the playoffs an extra 12 games of tape for defensive coordinators to figure out his skills and habits. I just think if he is getting this hype because his team won the National Championship and he has a canon for an arm. It takes more than that to make a QB. Manuel has all the physical tools and talent but he can't put it together in the NFL. Using an early round pick when you don't have a 1st and need O-line help and some other things is not wise. This is not the year to draft a QB for the Bills. Last year was and next year might be but this draft, nope.

As for returning to OSU. At 4pm today he is making his announcement. Rumor is he will declare for the draft but we will have to see.

Relax, Francis.

It's not about how his raw numbers compared with the Oregon guy

I posted those numbers because it was mentioned that he "outplayed the Heisman winner in the National Championship. "

There are lots of QB's every year that have "physical tools and evident talent" but 3 games, even if they were big games doesn't make him worth a 2nd or a 3rd rounder. I can't agree, sorry. If he returned to college next year it gives the teams he could potentially see in the playoffs an extra 12 games of tape for defensive coordinators to figure out his skills and habits. I just think if he is getting this hype because his team won the National Championship and he has a canon for an arm. It takes more than that to make a QB. Manuel has all the physical tools and talent but he can't put it together in the NFL. Using an early round pick when you don't have a 1st and need O-line help and some other things is not wise. This is not the year to draft a QB for the Bills. Last year was and next year might be but this draft, nope.

As for returning to OSU. At 4pm today he is making his announcement. Rumor is he will declare for the draft but we will have to see.

Please tell me you're not still on the Mettenberger/Murray/McCarron train. Please.

I'm with you on Jones, though. No way no how do I draft a position as important as QB based on 3 starts. If the Bills were a top team with an aging QB and a couple of years to groom him, maybe I take a flyer (to Brawndo's comment earlier, I actually think it makes sense for a team like the Patriots)...but to come in and be the guy? Not a chance.

Please tell me you're not still on the Mettenberger/Murray/McCarron train. Please.

I'm with you on Jones, though. No way no how do I draft a position as important as QB based on 3 starts. If the Bills were a top team with an aging QB and a couple of years to groom him, maybe I take a flyer (to Brawndo's comment earlier, I actually think it makes sense for a team like the Patriots)...but to come in and be the guy? Not a chance.

Not specifically no but they and other QB's would have been available when the Bills drafted and several have potential. I am saying the 2014 draft had more depth at QB than the 2015 draft even if the 2015 draft has more high end options (Mariotta/Winston)

Relax, Francis.

It's not about how his raw numbers compared with the Oregon guy or whether he carried the team on his back. It's about his physical tools, his evident talent, and some of the things he was able to do on a big stage (e.g., "make all the throws," as many scouts like to say). I think it'd be a significant risk to take him this year with a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but it could be one worth taking.

I'm hoping he goes back to Ohio State, and emerges in 2016 as a top-overall pick candidate. That is, provided he does not go to the Jets at that time.

This is how I feel as well. I thought he passed the eye test regarding the "outplayed the Heisman winner" comment. All I was trying to say was that in his 3 BIG games, he produced when he needed to, and made huge plays when necessary.

I wouldn't take him the 2nd this year. I would take a 'flyer' on him and draft him at some point, but not the second. I wasn't clear on that comment before, and apparently not being clear leads to dysfunction and Joker level Chaos in these here parts.

I would be all for him return to OSU and then entering the draft next year, but like I said, he will have to beat out JT Barrett who I thought is a better QB.

Edited by dEnnis the Menace

There are lots of QB's every year that have "physical tools and evident talent"

Hmm. Not so much.

he will have to beat out JT Barrett who I thought is a better QB.

the irony is, the guys ahead of him may be better college qb's, but the jones kid may present as a better NFL QB prospect. weird situation.

Cardale Jones will return to OSU according to his press conference. So we shall see if the kid has the goods or is a one shot wonder.

IMO there is no way he decides to return unless he has some sort of indication from Meyer that he will be starting. IIRC, the other two OSU qbs are far enough along in their college careers where they can transfer without penalty. Might see that from one of them rather than wait it out.

IMO there is no way he decides to return unless he has some sort of indication from Meyer that he will be starting. IIRC, the other two OSU qbs are far enough along in their college careers where they can transfer without penalty. Might see that from one of them rather than wait it out.

He only has 72 hours from today to change his mind and declare.

Braxton Miller is transferring for sure according to most sources and JT Barrett might.

CollegeFootball 24/756 seconds ago

Cardale Jones skipping NFL draft, will return to Ohio State. --> http://bit.ly/158YkLe

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Behind-the-Scenes-Rexs-First-48-Hours-in-Buffalo/ebebd619-277a-45b9-9a36-0dcb5fa6c06a?campaign=tw_buf_video

4:45 to 5:00

Here is your coach in a nutshell.........

I miss Corner....he busted his hump with info here. I couldn't give 2 squats if he even worked for the team because he worked his butt off.....

Wait. Am I supposed to "read his own words" or am I supposed to infer from his inflection and body language? You are much less confusing when you write in your amazing metaphors.

They got me man.....

I've been Kaleta'd

I'm not disagreeing with you but its funny when they predict one and two years down the road when they can't even predict this year's crop. Guys like Big Ben and Phillip Rivers were mid round projections till their senior year on in Rivers' case, till the Senior Bowl.

I agree. Just saying early signs aren't great. It'll depend on need next year with Connor Cook, Cardale Jones and Christian Hackenberg potentially pushing themselves into first-round consideration. Right now none of them are elite or really even GREAT prospects definitively, but you have to imagine at least one or two of them become that. Hopefully one of them is still there at 32 next year. :flirt:

I agree. Just saying early signs aren't great. It'll depend on need next year with Connor Cook, Cardale Jones and Christian Hackenberg potentially pushing themselves into first-round consideration. Right now none of them are elite or really even GREAT prospects definitively, but you have to imagine at least one or two of them become that. Hopefully one of them is still there at 32 next year. :flirt:

Doesn't it always? Mark Sanchez went at 5, Blake Bortles went 3, Tannehill went 9 (I think), Manziel went in the 1st...no matter how bad the QB class, there will be 1 or more taken in the 1st round, and likely in the top-10. And if the Bills are drafting 32, I'd venture to say it's because we won't need any of them to be there :)

Doesn't it always? Mark Sanchez went at 5, Blake Bortles went 3, Tannehill went 9 (I think), Manziel went in the 1st...no matter how bad the QB class, there will be 1 or more taken in the 1st round, and likely in the top-10. And if the Bills are drafting 32, I'd venture to say it's because we won't need any of them to be there :)

Sanchez and Tannehill were definitely not expected to go that high. Manziel was always a "it only takes one" type of guy. Bortles was thought to be a first rounder had he entered the draft the year before he did.

And on us being set at QB if we're drafting 32: probably. BUT DRAFT TEN MORE!

I'm not disagreeing with you but its funny when they predict one and two years down the road when they can't even predict this year's crop. Guys like Big Ben and Phillip Rivers were mid round projections till their senior year on in Rivers' case, till the Senior Bowl.

That and it seems like over the last couple years they've been saying that the upcoming QB draft class is very strong... fast-forward to draft day and all of a sudden the class is weak. Draft prognosticators have the success rate of weathermen.

Hopefully it's a case of better OL/smaller role coach being overwhelmed with too much in Chicago. He did more than okay in New Orleans as a OL coach

https://twitter.com/ChrisTrapasso/status/556261070172852224/photo/1

From his wiki page FWIW

Sounds like we have a winner: "Kromer was hired by the New Orleans Saints in 2008 as the running backs coach, before becoming the offensive line coach the following season. Under his tenure as OL coach, the Saints sent five players to a combined nine Pro Bowls, and tied for the fewest sacks in the league with 96.[5] Under Kromer, the Saints line twice won the Madden Most Valuable Protectors Award as the best offensive line in the league (in 2009 and 2011).[6] Kromer filled in as the Saints' interim head coach for the first six games of the 2012 NFL season as Joe Vitt served his six-game suspension.[7]"

If Fox going to the Bears didn't end the speculation, Kromer coming here should end the Cutler to the Bills thought process.

The guy talks behind everybody's back, snitches to the media.......then when he gets caught, he actually cries in front of everyone.

I'm sure the O-Line is thrilled about this hire. The weakest unit on the team now has to put their faith into a sissy snitch. Doesn't sound promising for a quick turnaround.

More from TBD

FWIW, according to PFF metrics, the Chicago OL graded out as 5th best in run blocking in 2013 and 6th best in 2014. The pass blocking graded out at 29th in 2013 and 19th in 2014. Overall, their offense graded out 8th in 2013 and 18th in 2014.

Definitely a running lineman coach, no wonder Ryan/Roman hired him

The guy talks behind everybody's back, snitches to the media.......then when he gets caught, he actually cries in front of everyone.

I'm sure the O-Line is thrilled about this hire. The weakest unit on the team now has to put their faith into a sissy snitch. Doesn't sound promising for a quick turnaround.

Like Wildcard said, he has a great rep as an O-line coach but no doubt there has to be concern about his character.

Like Wildcard said, he has a great rep as an O-line coach but no doubt there has to be concern about his character.

This hire disappoints me from a Rex Ryan standpoint. He takes a shot at Marrone in the press conference about, "I'm a loyal coach".....then within 48 hours is hiring a guy who sold out his players.

You have some really bright guys on that line.....Wood and Pears have to have eyebrows raised at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.