Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

So, every morning for the past week and the next 5 weeks, I have gone and have to go to the hospital to get radiation treatment. I hit my head in early February and had what I thought were concussion issues. My wife made me go to the ER for a ct scan a week and a half later. They found a brain tumor and removed it exactly one month ago today. They say there will be side effects from the chemo and radiation. I haven't felt any yet.

Because of this,  I'm currently on short term disability and don't have to work for up to 6 months.

None of this is my complaint. I feel absolutely amazing, and incredibly lucky.

My complaint is that I can't believe how many hours in the day there are to try and fill, especially without being able drink away 4 or 5 of them. Do most people just watch TV or play video games to fill the time, cuz I'm still looking for things to do. I mean, I can only practice my bass and record so many hours in a day.

We love you.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

So, every morning for the past week and the next 5 weeks, I have gone and have to go to the hospital to get radiation treatment. I hit my head in early February and had what I thought were concussion issues. My wife made me go to the ER for a ct scan a week and a half later. They found a brain tumor and removed it exactly one month ago today. They say there will be side effects from the chemo and radiation. I haven't felt any yet.

Because of this,  I'm currently on short term disability and don't have to work for up to 6 months.

None of this is my complaint. I feel absolutely amazing, and incredibly lucky.

My complaint is that I can't believe how many hours in the day there are to try and fill, especially without being able drink away 4 or 5 of them. Do most people just watch TV or play video games to fill the time, cuz I'm still looking for things to do. I mean, I can only practice my bass and record so many hours in a day.

I certainly have you in my thoughts. I’d say prayers but that sounds cliché. 
I have a very eclectic belief system which is a blend of many ideas. Some of those are very personal and original. 
Our pain is sort of an illusion, our body’s (and mind’s) way of processing trauma and the will to persevere through pain is our natural instinct to survive. Infer whatever spiritual references you would chose and they wouldn’t accurately define the truth as I see it.

Having dealt with multiple injuries that decommissioned my life efforts for extended periods, I came to the personal conclusion that I’m more than my body and my mind. 

I am eternal. I am everything and everywhere. I share your pain and suffering because I have existed since the start and will continue until the end.

My spine was damaged at age 29 with a fall from heights. I didn’t work again until I was 31. 

I took it as a chance to digress from my normal narrative and expand the concept of who I am. There are gifts hidden throughout the universe(and thusly time) if we are willing to do the work.

I wish you the best and expect as much.

You ain’t no wimp.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife and I are in a serious conundrum. I was about to take a job offer from my old boss in Alabama which would have paid at minimum $73k per year. Unbeknownst to my current employer, they came out with a new pay and incentive package to where I could see six figures for the first time in my life - as a company driver.

Sounds easy, right? Not even close. I hope to explain more next week since I wanted to post this before the thread got locked until next Thursday.

Edited by FogBat
Punctuation

My strength still not where I want it, did a double yesterday and then played beer league last night and I sucked... positive note there are 2 other guys from Buffalo on my team... but still not having young legs and the ability to bounce 36 hours straight sucks... just cant do 24 hours let alone 36 anymore

Edited by North Buffalo

Phone call etiquette:

You're at home with your people, you get a call. Do you take it in the same room as everyone else, have a 5-10 minute conversation then hang up like you're not crazy? Or do you leave the room and talk in private like a civilized human being?

And facetime/video calls in public(Public definition expanded to include anyplace where I am) should be punishable by death. 

Speakerphone as well.

8 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Phone call etiquette:

You're at home with your people, you get a call. Do you take it in the same room as everyone else, have a 5-10 minute conversation then hang up like you're not crazy? Or do you leave the room and talk in private like a civilized human being?

And facetime/video calls in public(Public definition expanded to include anyplace where I am) should be punishable by death. 

Speakerphone as well.

Leave the room. No speaker in public,… punishable by death. I have a friend who does this (answers, hits the speaker button, then throws the phone on the table) and I want to kill him every time. Look, dude, they called you not me. I don't want to talk to this *****in person. Maddening.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, I was in the airport lounge and this 20 something Asian girl was on her headphones having a full on convo with someone, annoying and loud AF, then she kept telling her friend that she's civilized over and over. Sorry miss, I disagree with your take on being "civilized" 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Two friends dead in the last week and a *****ton of other BS.  Holding it together, but barely.  Vacation starts tomorrow and it can't come quickly enough.

Oh boy.  Sorry to hear this.  

It goes without saying, if you need an ear……

29 minutes ago, Weave said:

Oh boy.  Sorry to hear this.  

It goes without saying, if you need an ear……

...talk to Van Gogh?

Thank you.  Maybe I'll call you from the road tomorrow, if even just to catch up.

Edited by Eleven

I hate my baseball team and I'm fairly certain I'm just done with them.  They changed their name to the Guardians - which is terrible.  They have gone the route of a rock bottom payroll.  The team name even shares 5 letters... i think they saved money on their logo change even.  It's just so pathetically cheap and I can't stand it.  

People who can't be on time.  It seems like most people I know are always running late.  Have dinner reservations? we are getting there barely on time.  Appt for anything?  plan on being late.  Meeting me for lunch or dinner? I can expect to be waiting 15-20 minutes for them.  Say they will call me back in '10 minutes'? count on an hour.

When I make plans with someone else, I am making a commitment to them so I honor it. If something else comes up after I give someone a time, that 'something else' is the 2nd priority. I understand everyone is busy, so If i tell someone I will do something at a certain time, I know they might be changing other things on their schedule to fit me in, I expect them to do the same.  

I get it that emergencies come up, that everyone cannot be 100% on time. But I know a lot of people, friends and family members included, that are LITERALLY late for 19 out of every 20 things they commit to.

On a somewhat related note, how about doctor office visits now that they will cancel your appointment or sometimes even charge you money if you are late (they view it as a canceled appointment if you aren't on time).....but when you are on time there is nothing preventing them from making you wait an hour past your appt time to get in.  If you are going to charge ME if I'm late or I cancel in the last day, then you should do the same thing to me if you call me and cancel my appt at the last minute or If I do get there on time and you make me wait an hour or more.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

People who can't be on time.  It seems like most people I know are always running late.  Have dinner reservations? we are getting there barely on time.  Appt for anything?  plan on being late.  Meeting me for lunch or dinner? I can expect to be waiting 15-20 minutes for them.  Say they will call me back in '10 minutes'? count on an hour.

When I make plans with someone else, I am making a commitment to them so I honor it. If something else comes up after I give someone a time, that 'something else' is the 2nd priority. I understand everyone is busy, so If i tell someone I will do something at a certain time, I know they might be changing other things on their schedule to fit me in, I expect them to do the same.  

I get it that emergencies come up, that everyone cannot be 100% on time. But I know a lot of people, friends and family members included, that are LITERALLY late for 19 out of every 20 things they commit to.

On a somewhat related note, how about doctor office visits now that they will cancel your appointment or sometimes even charge you money if you are late (they view it as a canceled appointment if you aren't on time).....but when you are on time there is nothing preventing them from making you wait an hour past your appt time to get in.  If you are going to charge ME if I'm late or I cancel in the last day, then you should do the same thing to me if you call me and cancel my appt at the last minute or If I do get there on time and you make me wait an hour or more.

You managed to raise my stress level by bringing up late people.

I would rather be 1/2 hour early than 1 second late. My wife, who is rarely late but never leaves a buffer for traffic, emergency vehicles, weather etc… drives me nuts.

My son takes after her, but is slow, is rarely on time. I cannot be a part of him getting ready for anything, I want to pull what little hair I have left out. Watching people wait, buses honking for him etc…

I am part of my own stress in this but I can’t become like them.

7 hours ago, WildCard said:

Car shopping. I don't want to lease again but buying used right now seems like a bad idea. So either a buy new or lease I suppose, no idea which one is the better decision.

Used is hot right now because New is difficult:  Not a lot of stock on the lots and long wait times for special orders.  So people who need a car now are stuck with used.

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

Look, dude, they called you not me. I don't want to talk to this *****in person. Maddening.

Learn how to fart loudly on demand.

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

My brother is always 15 minutes late.  It's so common that we call him Dependable Don because of it.  You can depend on him to be late.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This board after any loss is an unreadable garbage dump of ***** takes, overreacting, and stupidity. It's like listening to wgr after a Bills loss. 

That's my complaint

You're not a rookie here, you have to expect this by now! I Honestly though this GDT was much more reasoned than some in the last few months.