Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

On 5/12/2022 at 10:55 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

My wife and eleven year old look at me funny when I select the far way pull-through parking spot at Wegmans or similar. I look at them and tell them, “we’re healthy. Enjoy the extra steps.”

I usually park in the middle of the lot or the back of the lot and walk. My wife also complains, she doesn't mind the walk but says I waste too much time by not parking toward the front.  On the occasion she drives and I'm the passenger and we go to a store, she looks for the spot closer to the front and we end up driving up and down aisle after aisle taking 2 to 3 times as much time (or more) as it would have been had we just parked in that first spot we saw near the back and walked in.

Stores that have self-service checkouts but no 'express' ones for people with 8 or 10 items or less.

This hasn't been a problem for me much in the past, but it is becoming in issue it seems just in the past  year or so.

This is for all stores but the most recent example was when I drove by a Walmart and stopped in to get a handful of items.  They had self service checkouts on both ends of the store. I'd guess 6 or so on each end, so maybe 12 self checkouts (or more) open.  I got my few things and the line not only was long for the checkouts, but it moved incredibly slowly.  The other day every single checkout had a customer with a nearly full shopping cart of products, and then some were scanning items at a snails pace.  How about maybe just 2 self checkouts reserved for people with not many items?  It doesn't happen often but when it does it is really annoying.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been to Walmart once in the last decade, and it was to get one particular item that my vet said would be available there.  If I didn't have a cat coming out of anesthesia in the car I would have tried other places first.  But if there's a way to cut a corner, that's the place that's gonna do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Guys who are very nice, but say they will call / text when they are leaving from the Valley (2 hours away) and they won't be leaving there any earlier than 09:00 since they are retired and men of leisure to pick up the washer and dryer they have a verbal agreement to buy form you and show up at your door at 09:15 and are surprised when I call to ask them WTF ?? ... nice guys, though and now they are gone with the wsher and dryer and that's the main thing, eh !!

+++++

In case yous all were wondering I have decided not to use any punctuation ever again ...

On 5/12/2022 at 9:13 PM, SwampD said:

I always back in. It's just easier.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it pisses @inkman off.

The thing that drives me mad in parking lots is the people who keep on driving or even speed up when they see someone backing out of a spot.  We've all been in that spot trying to back out so everyone should know how limited visibility is.  Just stop and let the person out.  All the lots down here have the diagonal spots, which makes the visibility even worse.  There's a risk every time you start that backup and there's really nothing you can do about it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shrader said:

The thing that drives me mad in parking lots is the people who keep on driving or even speed up when they see someone backing out of a spot.  We've all been in that spot trying to back out so everyone should know how limited visibility is.  Just stop and let the person out.  All the lots down here have the diagonal spots, which makes the visibility even worse.  There's a risk every time you start that backup and there's really nothing you can do about it.

You can't just do a drive by like this after so long.

Welcome home.  How you doing?

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

Or even worse....you start backing out of a spot...when you are already part-way out that other person just turns the corner to come down your lane.  Even though you were part of the way out already before they even got to your lane, they refuse to stop and if you DARE finish backing out...they hit the horn, give you the finger, etc.  They are so important that how DARE you do anything to slow them down or prevent them from doing exactly what you want.

A few years ago I was in a parking just outside of Syracuse.  I was driving down one lane and came to a stop at the end of my row.  A car with 3 middle age women was turning left from the lane they were in to go into the lane I was in. They cut the corner REALLY short as I got to the end of the lane, almost hitting me head on.  Not only did the woman driving hit her horn and yelled at me, but after she backed up and drove by me on the other side, she continued to yell at me and the 35-40 year old woman with her in the back seat gave me the finger.  I don't get people.  Especially in cars or in parking lots...most people, even when they make a mistake, their first reaction is to yell, scream, confront the other person rather than admit they did something wrong.

They really need to invent some sort of safeguard that prevents a car from going over 5 mph in parking lot.  Yeah I know, emergencies and what not, but there are so few legitimate reasons why anyone should ever be moving at any decent speed in a parking lot.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Covid.  Wife and I both. Sucks.

Yesterday I coughed so hard I gave myself a hernia, so I’ve got that going for me.  Makes up for losing the holiday weekend to illness.

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Yikes! To the hernia.

You're where wifey & yours truly were last week.  Hoping you're nearly over it. 

Fortunately, wifey didn't get it as bad and the kid living at home never got it.  4 days of random bad summer cold symptoms w/ every day being unique in what the main symptom was.  OTC meds kept it in check for both of us.  Weirdest symptom was losing the sense of smell for about 4 hours on that 4th day.  Wifey only had it for 3 days.

Found out the day symptoms showed up that a friend had had it over the weekend.  99% sure that's where it came from.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

star wars GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Weave said:

Covid.  Wife and I both. Sucks.

Yesterday I coughed so hard I gave myself a hernia, so I’ve got that going for me.  Makes up for losing the holiday weekend to illness.

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

53 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yikes! To the hernia.

You're where wifey & yours truly were last week.  Hoping you're nearly over it. 

Fortunately, wifey didn't get it as bad and the kid living at home never got it.  4 days of random bad summer cold symptoms w/ every day being unique in what the main symptom was.  OTC meds kept it in check for both of us.  Weirdest symptom was losing the sense of smell for about 4 hours on that 4th day.  Wifey only had it for 3 days.

Found out the day symptoms showed up that a friend had had it over the weekend.  99% sure that's where it came from.

Yikes to all of yous.  Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

I could have sworn I heard some idiot say that COVID was over.  That will teach me for listening to idiots.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Yikes to all of yous.  Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

I could have sworn I heard some idiot say that COVID was over.  That will teach me for listening to idiots.

Thanks.  For us, it's all over except for the post recovery self-quarantining.  Which will be over soon.

Doubt covid will ever be "over."

But, doubt we'll see it go back to being the killer the original strain was either (for myriad reasons).  Really hoping that latter is correct.  Expecting it'll turn out to be.

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Thanks.  For us, it's all over except for the post recovery self-quarantining.  Which will be over soon.

Doubt covid will ever be "over."

But, doubt we'll see it go back to being the killer the original strain was either (for myriad reasons).  Really hoping that latter is correct.  Expecting it'll turn out to be.

Yup.

I didn't want to use names for risk of my post ending up being relegated to the dust bin of *the club*, but you have heard of this idiot of which I speak.

We are getting slowly to the point of 'living with COVID'.  

I expect new cases to be lower in the summer and then probably increase in the fall, which is normal of a seasonal virus.  There seems to be some craziness going on in China and other countries over there, so who knows.

I am sure that they will be insisting everyone get the Monkey Pox jab next ...

18 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I expect new cases to be lower in the summer and then probably increase in the fall, which is normal of a seasonal virus.  There seems to be some craziness going on in China and other countries over there, so who knows.

China has to make up for the people who "disappeared" somehow.

And you know what really sucks?  Clicking on that star next to a thread to go to the last unread post and being thrown all the way back to 2018.

Edited by shrader
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, shrader said:

China has to make up for the people who "disappeared" somehow.

And you know what really sucks?  Clicking on that star next to a thread to go to the last unread post and being thrown all the way back to 2018.

That will teach you to disappear for 4 years.

You really didn't miss anything very exciting.

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I feel they should pay me as an employee when I use self check out. They have to be losing a ton on people stealing in those lanes. 

In some cities in certain states, you literally can walk out of a store with less than $900 worth of stolen goods and not be charged with a crime.  

The stolen items are tallied and the cost is passed on to the consumer.  

Edited by Pimlach

9 hours ago, shrader said:

And that’s what keeps accident & injury lawyers in business.

If everyone actually took the time to drive safe & legal, those guys would be out of a job.

Ok, so I never got around to explaining my conundrum between two different jobs. I had committed to doing a job change a few months ago until my then-employer rolled out a really hefty pay and bonus increase. I was looking at a potential of 6 figures for the first time ever in my driving career. Sounds good, right? Not if you’re never home.

My wife and I kept going back and forth over how we could make that situation better. Do we move closer to my job so I could at least have a little bit more time at home? Does she need to adjust her schedule? Just a whole mess of things that just caused a great deal of stress.

So, my  dispatcher decided one day that he was going to ignore a request for a doctor’s appointment that I put in well enough in advance. I was already on a load going from Virginia to Portland, ME. I even specifically asked not to be put on a backhaul. But even while I was on the phone with him about a different issue, he texted me a backhaul dispatch. I asked him what it was, and that’s when he told me about it. He even tried to assure me that I would make it back in time for my appointment (which I didn’t). I kept my cool with him while I was on the phone with him, but my next call was to my wife. I told her that I’d made up my mind and that we were leaving that company ASAP. After I explained to her what happened, she reminded me that this was not the first time they’d pulled that stunt.

Now we are back in Alabama. I took a considerable pay cut, but being home and not feeling so exhausted is worth far more to me. Had I stayed put, I know that I would have put myself in an early grave.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Just like with solar panels, though, you have to start somewhere. Only recently have they become a net positive (the power they make vs the power it took to make them.)

And they ain't making' any more oil.

I chose to just move close to work. My 13 MPG F150 doesn't give AF what the cost of gas is, since I only fill it up once every 2 months. In fact, as I've said before, I love higher gas prices cuz it means there are less jackasses on the roads.

Edited by SwampD

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

In some cities in certain states, you literally can walk out of a store with less than $900 worth of stolen goods and not be charged with a crime.  

The stolen items are tallied and the cost is passed on to the consumer.  

The other option is they are jailed, prosecuted, and imprisoned...and the cost is still passed on to the consumer.

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

I love higher gas prices cuz it means there are less jackasses on the roads.

I have to say I haven't noticed a difference.  The roads seem just as busy as always.