Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

On 2/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I took my first ski lesson today, I am hooked! I am good at the bunny hill, so next week we will ramp up to the bigger hills. 

My complaint. I waited until almost 40 to learn! 

Take your time ramping up. Remember, children are made of rubber and cannot, under any circumstances, be injured. You are not, and you can. 

But seriously, have fun. It's the best way to spend winter. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ubkev said:

Take your time ramping up. Remember, children are made of rubber and cannot, under any circumstances, be injured. You are not, and you can. 

But seriously, have fun. It's the best way to spend winter. 

I am well aware of that 😂😂

Sadly the rain kept me away today, but it's supposed to snow all night so I'll hit up another lesson tomorrow morning. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Stuck at parents house with wife  beacuse of "Flooding"

Nearby creek has been at flood stage for about 1 week now.  We’ve had a pond in our backyard the whole time and the basement has been wet the whole time with the water table so high.

I had to terminate an apprentice today. I really like the kid. I’ve broken my back to help him but his list of transgressions has gotten out of hand and for the good of the collective I had to do it. 

I strongly suspect a drug use issue and have sent him for random testing but it’s so easy to tuck a bottle of synthetic under your grundle and pass with flying colors.

It’s sad because if he’d popped hot I could have kept him and provided him with help. This way it just appears that he isn’t capable and doesn’t want to. From the tears in his eyes I could tell that he really wants this.

I even asked him about drugs. I told him I could help but he denied. 

Very sad part of the job.

• Sad 3

I’ve had swelling on the bottom of my foot for a week. Feels like stepping on a golf ball when I walk. Podiatrist says it’s plantar fasciitis, inflammation of the heel. I have to wear a hard shoe insert and do stretching exercises. Anyone else have experience with it?

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

I’ve had swelling on the bottom of my foot for a week. Feels like stepping on a golf ball when I walk. Podiatrist says it’s plantar fasciitis, inflammation of the heel. I have to wear a hard shoe insert and do stretching exercises. Anyone else have experience with it?

Actually get a golf ball, and using the bottom of your foot, draw the alphabet each night with it and increasing pressure each day and it will help a lot. Injections in that area are very painful, and steroids will weaken tendons, overuse or overcompensating for another injury are the culprits, or bad shoes. Make sure you get a high arch shoe or insert and that will also help 

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Where?

Kissing bridge, I live across the street. 

Haading to Bristol tomorrow morning to ski there 

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

I had to terminate an apprentice today. I really like the kid. I’ve broken my back to help him but his list of transgressions has gotten out of hand and for the good of the collective I had to do it. 

I strongly suspect a drug use issue and have sent him for random testing but it’s so easy to tuck a bottle of synthetic under your grundle and pass with flying colors.

It’s sad because if he’d popped hot I could have kept him and provided him with help. This way it just appears that he isn’t capable and doesn’t want to. From the tears in his eyes I could tell that he really wants this.

I even asked him about drugs. I told him I could help but he denied. 

Very sad part of the job.

It is tough.

I was a supervisor for apprentice crews for 9 years and had similar situations. Termination was difficult as they were unionized from day one so there had to be multiple issues over time to build a case.

Nepotism was rampant so there was also a lot of politics involved.

Overall, it was pretty satisfying to watch kids learn and progress through a trade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1