Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

4 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Somewhat related, I will never understand the people that move to the country from the city/suburb and then proceed to cut down trees and/or spray for bugs.  The frog population around my house still hasn't recovered even though it's been around 4 years since the "new" neighbors sprayed for mosquitoes the first three years they were here.  On the plus side, it's really easy to identify the suckers in the neighborhood because all you have to do is look for the Mosquito Joe sign in someone's yard.  

Related: lawns, especially large lawns. It takes me around an hour to cut the lawn here (maybe 3/4 acre of actual grass). I can't imagine wanting more than that and having to think about a riding mower and the time to take care of it.

1 minute ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I really don't understand all this GEN this and GEN that nonsense.

Not really complaining mind you.  And no ... I don't want any of yous yahoos 'splaining it to me.

Agree.   I am sick of that, and a whole lot more.  

On 4/28/2022 at 5:55 AM, Weave said:

Don’t know what the F respiratory bug I managed to contract, but it’s been kicking my ass for 7 days now.

COVID negative, so theoretically its not that.  I don’t think I’ve ever produced so much phlegm in my life.  Last 2 nights have been feverish, although that seems to calm down in daytime.

Run down, sleep deprived, coughing and sneezing all over, and going through a box + of kleenex a day.  Ugh.

I picked that bug up traveling back from Florida.  It took almost 2 weeks to get rid of it.  Same with Mrs Punch.   

We were covid negative too. 

28 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yeah, I don’t know where that came from.

Probably from the ppl in that 42-52 range who bitch about millennials even though we work with them in the same jobs. 

Millennials became short hand for younger ppl even though it's not 20yr old kids anymore. Just like boomer become shorthand for older ppl even though they aren't 45yr old middle career ppl anymore

One bad thing about being retired is too much time to watch the news.  I was better off out of the house from 6am  to 6pm every weekday.   No time for the news then.  

I cannot take the sensationalism and the partisan/biased reporting, the damm anchors are like actors playing a role and the words they are reading are a script for political parties. 

Gotta get my wife to turn that box off.  

4 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Somewhat related, I will never understand the people that move to the country from the city/suburb and then proceed to cut down trees and/or spray for bugs.  The frog population around my house still hasn't recovered even though it's been around 4 years since the "new" neighbors sprayed for mosquitoes the first three years they were here.  On the plus side, it's really easy to identify the suckers in the neighborhood because all you have to do is look for the Mosquito Joe sign in someone's yard.  

I can appreciate this, but depending on the size of the lot, I can see someone wanting a cleared area for a backyard if there is still a wooded area surrounding the cleared area.

As for spraying, do you get ticks in your neck of the woods?  They are actually pretty dangerous as they carry Lyme disease.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

As for spraying, do you get ticks in your neck of the woods?  They are actually pretty dangerous as they carry Lyme disease.

Mosquitos/ticks are only a problem if you don’t dress properly. What about the ecological disaster of killing off pollinators.

Take a training course and get some bat houses if mosquitos irritate you. 

Long pants and shoes for ticks. Why not?

Spraying is cruel to the cycle of life.

• Like (+1) 1

The amount of pediatric "psych" is becoming a major issue.... Do some F*ck*N parenting. Take the damn iPad away at 8 years old and for Christ's sake, bring back spankings! 

Social issues are not psych issues, real psych is interesting, those people need "real" help, is saddening to see those with a truly abnormal psych diagnosis; they go by the wayside while we treat Twitter deprived little #hith3ads! 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but it deserves repeating. Went to Lowes, Home Depot and Valu Home Center looking for house numbers for my new mailbox.  Some stores had one number but not the other, and another had neither.  With gas at almost $4.50 a gallon, why waste time and money when I can order from Amazon and have the order within two days. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’ve probably mentioned this before, but it deserves repeating. Went to Lowes, Home Depot and Valu Home Center looking for house numbers for my new mailbox.  Some stores had one number but not the other, and another had neither.  With gas at almost $4.50 a gallon, why waste time and money when I can order from Amazon and have the order within two days. 

Did the same thing, gave up and orders on Amazon in 10m

People who buy full size trucks and just aren't good at driving them in parking lots.

I'll say that I have owned a couple of trucks myself, so I don't hate pickups myself and have no problem with people who buy them. However I do work and travel alot and am in parking lots dozens of times per week and...

-Most of the time when I have someone park next to me and leaves me so little room I can't open my door it is a full size truck.  If the spot is too tight for how big your vehicle is, FIND ANOTHER SPOT, don't block someone else in.

-I will often 'pull through' my parking spot so I can pull out...and I leave a couple of feet between the back of my car and the line separating the spaces. Doesn't matter. If a full size truck driver wants to park behind me they are going to use every single inch I leave (even if it means going over that line) because they are so long that when I come out to get into the back, I can't even stand there because the truck is so close I can't even open the hatch and load stuff.

-On occasion, I have pulled into the spot and the full size truck pulled in the spot in front of me. Again, if I leave 2 feet between the front of my car and the line, they'll pull over that line into my spot.  One time a full size truck actually was touching me, and a couple other times I suspect I was 'tapped' by one (my front plate has more than a couple dings and dents in it.)

There are bad drivers everywhere.  I, like many others make mistakes when driving.  But if you really need to buy your full size truck that never goes offroad and never has a single thing thrown in the bed or trailed with it, how about either learning to drive it or NOT squeezing in that space that is 3 spots closer to the front of the store when it means hitting or blocking other people parked there simply because your truck is too big?

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

People who buy full size trucks and just aren't good at driving them in parking lots.

I'll say that I have owned a couple of trucks myself, so I don't hate pickups myself and have no problem with people who buy them. However I do work and travel alot and am in parking lots dozens of times per week and...

-Most of the time when I have someone park next to me and leaves me so little room I can't open my door it is a full size truck.  If the spot is too tight for how big your vehicle is, FIND ANOTHER SPOT, don't block someone else in.

-I will often 'pull through' my parking spot so I can pull out...and I leave a couple of feet between the back of my car and the line separating the spaces. Doesn't matter. If a full size truck driver wants to park behind me they are going to use every single inch I leave (even if it means going over that line) because they are so long that when I come out to get into the back, I can't even stand there because the truck is so close I can't even open the hatch and load stuff.

-On occasion, I have pulled into the spot and the full size truck pulled in the spot in front of me. Again, if I leave 2 feet between the front of my car and the line, they'll pull over that line into my spot.  One time a full size truck actually was touching me, and a couple other times I suspect I was 'tapped' by one (my front plate has more than a couple dings and dents in it.)

There are bad drivers everywhere.  I, like many others make mistakes when driving.  But if you really need to buy your full size truck that never goes offroad and never has a single thing thrown in the bed or trailed with it, how about either learning to drive it or NOT squeezing in that space that is 3 spots closer to the front of the store when it means hitting or blocking other people parked there simply because your truck is too big?

1. Trucks have gotten too big externally.  Full size trucks from 20 yrs ago had a smaller footprint.  Insert obvious reference to compensating here.

2. Most parking lots are striped to maximize number of spots and don’t reflect that vehicles are getting larger.

3. People are too ***** lazy to park near the rear of the lot and walk a bit.

Im really damned obsessive about my vehicle getting dinged in a parking lot and nearly always park in the under used portions of a parking lot.  The only exceptions being home improvement stores, who usually stripe their lots for trucks.

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

1. Trucks have gotten too big externally.  Full size trucks from 20 yrs ago had a smaller footprint.  Insert obvious reference to compensating here.

2. Most parking lots are striped to maximize number of spots and don’t reflect that vehicles are getting larger.

Im really damned obsessive about my vehicle getting dinged in a parking lot and nearly always park in the under used portions of a parking lot.  The only exceptions being home improvement stores, who usually stripe their lots for trucks.

My wife bugs me because she says I park as far as possible. I don’t mind the walk. I drive a full size truck, so it is easier to avoid tight spaces. I don’t get dinged out there.

I usually drop her off at the door.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Weave said:

Then you get those people who will sit and wait for a close spot to open and block traffic. 

42 minutes ago, Weave said:

Me too! 

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'll tell ya this, it's a pain in the butt parking the truck at a grocery store. I need to make a wide turn to get into the spot and people don't understand that and are not very accommodating to that fact. 

I always back in. It's just easier.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it pisses @inkman off.

39 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I always back in. It's just easier.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it pisses @inkman off.

Nah I got 325mm tires on my Ram.  I have to find a spot I can pull through.  Backing into spots requires 3 open parking spots for me. 😀

Edited by inkman

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

Nah I got 325mm tires on my Ram.  I have to find a spot I can pull through.  Backing into spots requires 3 open parking spots for me. 😀

😂😂 I won't lie, the backup camera is an absolute lifesaver, backing in is 14000% easier than trying to pull in forwards. 

8 hours ago, French Collection said:

My wife bugs me because she says I park as far as possible. I don’t mind the walk. I drive a full size truck, so it is easier to avoid tight spaces. I don’t get dinged out there.

I usually drop her off at the door.

My wife and eleven year old look at me funny when I select the far way pull-through parking spot at Wegmans or similar. I look at them and tell them, “we’re healthy. Enjoy the extra steps.”

• Like (+1) 2