Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

31 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm  Obviously not a healthy person  but i want to throw whoever created that into the sun.

They actually do a really good job of mimicking beef. And I don’t think they are actually any healthier than beef.

I can't believe sometimes how many words people use at work to accomplish the simplest of tasks,… and just how few people are actually listening to them.

People who pick up your call on speaker with other people in the room and don't tell you. It's really ***** annoying! Actually, I hate being on speaker at the other end. Look dude, I called you to talk to you, not you, your wife, and your whole GD family! I gotta go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Kidney Stones! Ferk off.

Ugh!

Ive had 4 or 5 of them.  The first was large enough that it became an obstruction so they had to go in and get it.  Roto-Rooter is NOT FUN!  The others were fine, but a miserable experience nonetheless.

Drink tons of water and hope it passes quickly.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/20/2022 at 6:19 PM, Weave said:

They actually do a really good job of mimicking beef. And I don’t think they are actually any healthier than beef.

The breakfast sausage patties are pretty good too. Not quite as good as pork, but meat isn't really the star of any sausage.

13 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

Does anybody remember when the general public discovered the word "narrative," oh, about 2012, or so?  It really changed the way that people speak, and the way that people think.  You hear the word "narrative," pretty often nowadays, but before, perhaps 2012, the word barely existed.

I say barely, because it did exist in Poetics, which is...  ...  ... "the study of linguistic techniques in poetry and literature." Thanks, Daniel Webster!  I was ahead of the curve on Narrative, because of my English Major, where I studied narrative theory a bit.  Now, I'm not saying I got the trend going, but I may have dropped the word a few times out into humanity.

Anyways, the stuff took off all over the place and now I'm not quite sure what to do about it.  But I've got this theory - hang on a second - that's it!  "THEORY."  Whoah, I'm way out ahead of the curve again.  I have had an epiphany!

This is what's going to happen: the word "theory," is going to start creeping into the language in order to attack the word "narrative".  At first it will be like, "oh that's an interesting theory," kind of ambiguously, as in, "well bless your heart".  That will take the stuffing right out of the word "narrative".  It will get to a point where people will be too embarrassed even to say the new N-word.

After achieving complete victory, we won't know what to do with the word, "theory," though.  Eventually, you're going to get downright tired of all this talk, and talk, and talk, and arguing about theory, and theories about theories.  Why can't these people do something useful?  It should be a requirement for all inteligensia to do some actual manual labor.  What in the hell is with all of these theory warriors?

These future theoreticians is what I am here to complain about.  I am done complaining about those that use the word "narrative."  I have seen a future full of useless discussion over theories.  Theories upon theories.  It is that for which I complain, this annoying new theoretical future.  

Rest in peace, my narratologists.  

Finis.

Yeah well, that’s just like, your narrative, man.

jeff bridges opinion GIF

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Why can’t a road striping paint be developed that…

A - sticks to the road surface for more than 6 months

B - that you can see at night when the roads are wet. 

Other states seem able to do this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Other states seem able to do this.

Name a state that dumps kilotons of road salt and drives 30T snow removal equipment 18 weeks a year over the paint and fairs better. Links please.

Let’s bitch about something that affects the human condition for the love of creation.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Name a state that dumps kilotons of road salt and drives 30T snow removal equipment 18 weeks a year over the paint and fairs better. Links please.

Let’s bitch about something that affects the human condition for the love of creation.

The second thing is what I concentrate most of my waking hours upon.  Pardon me if I try to relax and kvetch about something more trivial on a hockey forum once in a while.

I can see lines clearly in northern PA in the rain.  Then I cross into Corning, and all of the sudden, no?  That's not about snow removal; it's about what states are buying their paints from what manufacturers.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:56 PM, Eleven said:

The second thing is what I concentrate most of my waking hours upon.  Pardon me if I try to relax and kvetch about something more trivial on a hockey forum once in a while.

I can see lines clearly in northern PA in the rain.  Then I cross into Corning, and all of the sudden, no?  That's not about snow removal; it's about what states are buying their paints from what manufacturers.

You can see the lines clearly in PA because the roads have only been plowed once per day per major storm. PENNDOT is literally the worst at snow maintenance in the north east and it isn't even close. They sit in the turnouts until the snow stops, rather than making multiple passes on the highway. 

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

You can see the lines clearly in PA because the roads have only been plowed once per day per major storm. PENNDOT is literally the worst at snow maintenance in the north east and it isn't even close. They sit in the turnouts until the snow stops, rather than making multiple passes on the highway. 

That's 'cause they're blowing the budget on the good paint, I guess?