GDT: 12/31/2022, 1:00 PM ET: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins; MSG, WGR

Doohickie

I forgot the mug on the Narragansett Bay hag after Tuch won it.

Priceless.

Then the older dude below her with the wry smile and crinkled eyes betraying his disappointment. He's seen some hockey and maybe just maybe a team like the Sabres.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thought about going to this game but remaining tickets start at $235!!! But I can't watch the game because ESPN+ is blacked out and YouTube TV doesn't get NESN.

Bumping this because I have the same issue. Hulu doesn't carry NESN either and somehow I live in the Bruin's broadcast market (I feel so dirty). ESPN+ has NHL Power Play on Demand to re-watch games. Just put it on to watch yesterday's game .... even the replay is blacked out.

I have never seen an industry that goes through such great lengths to limit the exposure of its product to its customers. F**k the NHL and its broadcast partners. I don't understand the reason for this but if I had to guess, it has something to do with advertising dollars - in some form.

Pumped that the Sabres won! Happy New Year all!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

That’s not what right looks like.

It is in Boston.

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, that was a freaking fantastic win.  Thrilling.  There were about a million great moments.  Boston had more great scoring chances and had the better of the play in the 3rd, but the Sabres had a good number of chances too and UPL was the difference in the game.  He gave them not just good, but great goaltending, including about 6 outstanding saves during that late Boston PP.

As others have noted, the Sabres were game.  They were not intimidated and they didn’t get discouraged after falling behind — not even when JJP and Loobie squandered 4 of the final 6 min of the game by taking penalties.

Dahlin blocking that ENG attempt and then immediately, and perfectly, firing the pass the length of the ice, with the perfect carom off the boards, hitting Tuch, a fast skater, perfectly in stride to set up the GTG was borderline legendary.

And Tuch was amazing start to finish.

2 over Deluca .500 to start the new year, with road wins over Colorado, Vegas and now Boston (who were a noticeable cut above the other 2 IMHO — holy mackerel that is a great team).

Get ready for a playoff race boys.  This team is not going to go quietly.

Dude,… it was absolutely special. I’m going to watch it again right now.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Priceless.

Then the older dude below her with the wry smile and crinkled eyes betraying his disappointment. He's seen some hockey and maybe just maybe a team like the Sabres.

😂 I’m going to keep my i out for that.

1 hour ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Take that jack edwards 

He is the personification of everything I hate about Boston sports.

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The evidence:

image.thumb.png.0a3c481a9f21e6ccc810bdcc397abd2e.png

#6 is Marchand receiving the pass at the blue line; #5 is the player going off that he "replaced."

I'm relieved the Sabres won because this one was so egregiously bad. Unmarked #7 is stepping on, too. The skater who brings the Bruins back to even is #4.

You'd think 7 and 5 are the ones making the change, but really it's 5-6 and 7-4 (which is fine, it's a lazy change by 4 but has no impact on the play).

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Agreed.  Anyone know why he left?  He’s a longtime poster.

He resurfaces occasionally. He was hand in glove with his gf Josie on this board. Once they were no longer together, I got the sense that this board was sorta of a weird place to hang out. Which would be understandable. He was also at a significant life-change crossroads — maybe it was just time to focus more on stuff IRL.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Priceless.

Who is this? 

14 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yep.  I grew up in Buffalo, went to college near Albany (RPI) from 80-84.  There were so many things that showed up after that...The Original Pizza Logs, Paula's Donuts, a few other things that escape me at the moment. 

One of the ultra cool things that I've been blessed with here in Texas is Buffalo Bros, a bar that's a pretty good approximation of a old Buffalo tavern dropped here into Fort Worth, 3 miles from my house, so a lot of the Buffalo foods I would otherwise miss are available to me whenever I'm in the mood, and they're also the DFW Bills Backers bar, so when the Bills play pretty much everyone there is from WNY.  (When the Bills played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving in 2019, they had a party the night before and had 700 people there.  Forget the headline, this was Fort Worth, not Dallas; I'm in pic 54.)

My best friend lives out that way and told me he got pizza from them recently and it's getting pretty close to Buffalo pizza.

5 hours ago, steveoath said:

I suspect that will change... because of this goal.  it should be 100% reviewable and its easy to prove.

2 hours ago, Derrico said:

Agreed.  Anyone know why he left?  He’s a longtime poster.

I met up with him a few times at Sabres games last year and this year.  He's rocking life that's for sure.  I won't speak for him 100% but the negativity on here was an influence. When I saw him this season I told him I was back on the forum and we briefly discussed.. 

He still rocks Twitter like a master..  be nice to have him here, but I understand. I've finally resorted to the ignore button.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Tremendous game by Tuch.

I want to particularly highlight his efforts on the Thompson goal where he broke up a breakout pass at blueline then outhustled the much-better positioned defender to the loose puck to force the turnover.

Led all NHL RWs in points per game in December with 17 points in 11 games and was +12 over that stretch.

He has 76 points in 82 games as a Sabre.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Pimlach said:

That was great.   Sure, he "lost" to some.   He got two punches in - one to the visor, one to the helmet - then he smartly lost the desire to throw more. 

Great hit on Slacker Hall, Clifton came in and so what, he had to fight the fight.  Loved seeing him pump up the bench and go get repaired.  Stitches of honor to his teammates. 

Fighting with a visor on is not very smart.  Clifton knows this and he took Krebs' lid off.  He should have taken his own off as well.   

I liked KO there keeping an eye on things and supporting him. 

I looked closely at the players on the bench.  No one is afraid of Boston.  They are young but they are not playing in fear.  

He can't w/out drawing an extra 2 minute minor.

46.6 Helmets - No player may remove his helmet prior to engaging in a fight. If he should do so, he shall be assessed a two minute minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Helmets that come off in the course of and resulting from the altercation will not result in a penalty to either player.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

It is in Boston.

Dude,… it was absolutely special. I’m going to watch it again right now.

😂 I’m going to keep my i out for that.

He is the personification of everything I hate about Boston sports.

You can't miss her on the MSG feed.

51 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Who is this? 

Some gal in the stands who looks like the baked beans were festering.

8 minutes ago, LTS said:

I suspect that will change... because of this goal.  it should be 100% reviewable and its easy to prove.

I met up with him a few times at Sabres games last year and this year.  He's rocking life that's for sure.  I won't speak for him 100% but the negativity on here was an influence. When I saw him this season I told him I was back on the forum and we briefly discussed.. 

He still rocks Twitter like a master..  be nice to have him here, but I understand. I've finally resorted to the ignore button.

Ignore me after this... You're more negative than most here and so was d4rk.

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

Bumping this because I have the same issue. Hulu doesn't carry NESN either and somehow I live in the Bruin's broadcast market (I feel so dirty). ESPN+ has NHL Power Play on Demand to re-watch games. Just put it on to watch yesterday's game .... even the replay is blacked out.

I have never seen an industry that goes through such great lengths to limit the exposure of its product to its customers. F**k the NHL and its broadcast partners. I don't understand the reason for this but if I had to guess, it has something to do with advertising dollars - in some form.

Pumped that the Sabres won! Happy New Year all!

They do that in order to create value for local rights fees. Why would NESN or MSG pay for local TV rights if fans can do an end-around and watch the games elsewhere? It sucks but what are you going to do? (Well, what I did was snoop around the interwebs a little.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.