GDT: 12/31/2022, 1:00 PM ET: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins; MSG, WGR

Doohickie

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:
19 hours ago, grinreaper said:

Check out Peterka's 4 minute double minor for high sticking. The Bruin tripped him causing his stick to raise up. 

Disagree. 

You're both right, but the bottom line is you have to control your stick.

54 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Except he's the only one who took a hard direct punch to the head, there was blood sprayed on the ice and he was leaking enough to have to go off the ice for repairs. The fist pump was entertaining as I said. You don't have to win every hockey fight. 

Now when we sign Clifton in free agency (I'm throwing it out into the universe cause it's a thing I'd try to do and want out there) they'll have to kiss and make up 🙂

He got several good licks in before he caught the haymaker.

48 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

In my opinion, after watching hockey for a really really long time there are only 2 teams that really get regular favourable refereeing and that is Toronto and Montreal, especially at home. Otherwise home teams get away with a few things now and again from some refs, young refs tend to call more chintzy stuff that could be let go, and teams in black do tend to get more penalties than teams in white, that is true (as studies have actually shown for all sports). The rest of the perceptions are fan bias.

The refs tend to favor the better team because they tend to have more established, veteran players.  I think they are more severe to younger players and players with less talent.

This year I think we've seen a shift in favor of the Sabres (in general) as they shift from a bottom dweller to a pretty good team.

In reading some commentary on Krebs’s fight, I hope people aren’t losing sight of the big picture. It doesn’t matter if Krebs got his ass kicked or not, doesn’t matter if he landed a punch or not, doesn’t matter if he left the ice bleeding or not. The only thing that matters is he was willing to engage when challenged. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

Thanks @PromoTheRobot. So it is about $$, amirite? 

I understand what you are saying. My issue is that I am sitting 90 miles from Boston and paying money for an ESPN+ subscription to watch the Sabres on the MSG feed but I can't because NESN. On the bright side, I didn't have to listen to the insufferable Jack Edwards.

I'm in the same boat in NH.

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

How is having 6 men on the ice fan bias? It's literally a non judgement call. There is no judgement when you count 1,2,3,4,5,6 skaters on the ice for several seconds.

Talk about a ridiculous view 

So I guess you were happier tonight. 

Sabres could easily have been called for too many men on 2 different occasions. They are judgement calls. 

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The refs tend to favor the better team because they tend to have more established, veteran players.  I think they are more severe to younger players and players with less talent.

This year I think we've seen a shift in favor of the Sabres (in general) as they shift from a bottom dweller to a pretty good team.

I haven't noticed a bias in favour of better teams myself, but reputation does factor in. 

Krebs' fight was important...it's only the second fight we've had all year...the first was Jost in his first game...It was good that he stood up for himself but the highlight for me that I loved was that Krebs clocked Taylor Hall. I can't stand that mercenary and I hope Lyubushkin puts him through the boards when he comes to town.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.