GDT: 12/31/2022, 1:00 PM ET: 🏒 Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins; MSG, WGR

Doohickie

36 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

As of the other day Tuch had played 82 games for the Sabres since gaining his health. He had 73 points in that time. His 4 points today sorta gets him a little closer to a point a game guy. The trade with Vegas is looking better and better with Tuch's skills and with Krebs looking better and better. Kudos to Granato for recognizing what his players need to progress and develop. I wouldn't be in a hurry to give up on anyone on this team.

I agree with 99% of the bold. The other 1% is derived from the fact that I’ve completely given up on Mitts and VO. They are nothing more than passengers at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

A wonderful trade for them but the Sabres weren't going anywhere even with O'Reilly on board. As it turned out it looks like it could be a great trade for the Sabres too and a win all around.

ROR didn’t want to be in Buffalo anymore… Losing got to him, and the Sabre culture turnaround couldn’t have happened until players who didn’t want to be here moved on… Worked out fine for both teams… 

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

CAN WE STOP WITH THE "WON THE TRADE STUFF" - OR PUT IT IN ITS OWN THREAD? 

It is clogging up the thread about our best game of the season and it is not even relevant.  

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

ROR didn’t want to be in Buffalo anymore… Losing got to him, and the Sabre culture turnaround couldn’t have happened until players who didn’t want to be here moved on… Worked out fine for both teams… 

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

It’s just a side bar. Plenty of game discussion going on.

Just now, Mustache of God said:

The jury might still be out on the ROR trade but we won the eichel trade.

Timing.

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

CAN WE STOP WITH THE "WON THE TRADE STUFF" - OR PUT IT IN ITS OWN THREAD? 

It is clogging up the thread about our best game of the season and it is not even relevant.  

The trade stuff came about because of the TNT's line great start to the season and inspired play and maybe a little from Kreb's improvement since Granato moved him to play with the big boys. If you insist though, enough time has passed that we could switch over to the Eichel trade. 😁

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

When Tuch scored in OT I burst off the couch like a man possessed and got down on one knee and did a celly and then jumped back up with a few windmills yelling "Yes!!!"

My wife and two daughters looked at me like I was crazy 🤣🤣

We’ve had Buffalo guys in the roster before but there is something sooo Buffalo about Tuch and wearing 89.

Him having a 4 point game was huge. Especially against Boston after the storm. 

I expect him to have an A or a C on his jersey next year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mango said:

We’ve had Buffalo guys in the roster before but there is something sooo Buffalo about Tuch and wearing 89.

Him having a 4 point game was huge. Especially against Boston after the storm. 

I expect him to have an A or a C on his jersey next year. 

He might get an A but Dahlin will be the next C.

Also and I'm nitpicking, Tuch is a Syracuse boy. 

10 minutes ago, Believer said:

I know that the losing culture was getting to ROR but I don't think Buffalo itself was the problem. In other words, it was the team not the City. Everything else you said I agree with. I also am of the opinion that ROR wasn't too pleased with Eichel being the Captain over him and possibly that he didn't think Eichel was true Captain material. The Bills dumped players that they didn't think either fit the team or weren't totally committed to their schemes and program before they made their turnaround. They had to dump some very expensive and high draft picks in Sammy Watson, Marcel Dareus and Ronald Darby.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.