Moulson waived

pi2000

Genesis 17:10-14 - read all about it.  There are a lot of things in there about circumcision.

Hey.. I looked earlier in the day... but I don't have time to jump in there again... it's a legal document... those are boring and written by dumb ass lawyers  :w00t:   :flirt:   ;)

Hey.. I looked earlier in the day... but I don't have time to jump in there again... it's a legal document... those are boring and written by dumb ass lawyers  :w00t:   :flirt:   ;)

There may be a way, retire, join the Strassbourg Sloths for $5 million a season. TP can buy that franchise if he has to.

If Matty Mo retires, I was thinking more along the lines of: TP finds him a way to launder the last 4mil of his contract; not something through management. I'm sure there's a way to do it that the NHLPA can't trace. They can't audit TP's personal books, can they? Or just put a wad of cash in Moulson's safe deposit box?

Edited by ericcomposer72

Trading Jack would mean the tank was a complete and total failure and everything that went into was a WASTE. There is no way Pegula wants to admit to that.

Also, Jack's value is, at this point in his young career, at his lowest. He's due 10 mil/8 years next year and currently is not producing. If he's traded now the value in return would not be worth the deal.

I wouldn't want to trade Eichel right now regardless. He's going through a normal learning curve like almost all young players, and with his starting base as high as it was, we are going to like the player we see at the other end of the growth. Take a look at the growth curve of guys like Mackinnon, Scheifele, Getzlaf, etc. I still like the odds of Jack following a similar trajectory and ending up better than any of them.

Right. So who's our Forsberg?

Who's our Sakic? We need a Sakic first. I'm hoping Jack is that player.

There is NFW that Moulson retires and walks away from the last $4MM he'll ever earn as a pro hockey player.

While I agree that this is a step in the right direction, it's the babiest of baby steps IMHO.  Everyone knows that Moulson stinks, is overpaid and no one wants him. 

If they really want to get the attention of the group of losers they've collected, and to start excising the rotten core, they'll need to trade someone like Reino or ROR.

It's gonna happen. I think it's very likely Sam is traded.

@shannshep4re

Jack Eichel is not in a good mood at all. Just slammed his stick into the glass after a power play drill. Has spent the entire practice looking pissed and shaking his head

Why is he acting like this? He's gotta cut it out.

Trading Jack would mean the tank was a complete and total failure and everything that went into was a WASTE. There is no way Pegula wants to admit to that.

Also, Jack's value is, at this point in his young career, at his lowest. He's due 10 mil/8 years next year and currently is not producing. If he's traded now the value in return would not be worth the deal.

but this is true

He's going through a normal learning curve like almost all young players

I don't think what is going on with Jack is normal at all. And it's definitely not normal for franchise level talents.  Even Alexander Daigle wasn't the snot this kid is. At least not until he was an Islander.

it was a complete and utter failure. Trading him doesn't do anything but change the return of what they hoy for years of garbage. If they could turn Eichel into 3 first and 3 seconds (doubtful but just an example) would it be any worse?

I don't think what is going on with Jack is normal at all. And it's definitely not normal for franchise level talents.  Even Alexander Daigle wasn't the snot this kid is. At least not until he was an Islander.

If you are talking attitude, then maybe. But production wise, things are pretty normal.

The tank was a symptom. A symptom of poor management. Management has suffered from poor drafting for years, poor team building, poor decision making. The tank exacerbated the issue (more roster holes), and was another poor decision (in context) in a long line of poor decisions.

it was a complete and utter failure. Trading him doesn't do anything but change the return of what they hoy for years of garbage. If they could turn Eichel into 3 first and 3 seconds (doubtful but just an example) would it be any worse?

Unless at least one of those 1sts is a top-5 and the rest top-10 I pass laughing the other GM off the phone. I'm not trading Eichel for a bunch of teen and twenty picks, where you're doing good if you get 2 bottom 9 forwards and really lucky if you get one top-3.

It was doomed to fail. You can't completely clear a cupboard and expect things to right themselves. What followed was inevitable.

Hindsight on my end certainly agrees. The goal should have simply been to rebuild and the team probably would have just sucked all on its own. Not that I didn't enjoy turning over the old failed core, but it would have been nice if this team had had anyone on it who was worth keeping to fill the roles of illegitimate transplants like Gionta and Moulson.

The tank murdered the whole concept of being a Buffalo Sabre.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.