Moulson waived

pi2000

Yes but Colorado doesn't win those Cups without him.

Agreed.  Funny now, but you may remember that Roy demanded out of Montreal after the Red Wings hung 11 goals on him in a game and the Habs didn't pull him.  He was furious.  It was that incident that resulted in Roy becoming an Av; later that season the Avs eliminated the Wings in the conference finals with Roy in net.  I was living in Detroit at the time; gawd that was a great rivalry while it lasted.

So, he was officially waived at noon, right?

And he can hang on that wire for 24 hours, right?

If so, by noon tomorrow he will have to report to Rochester, if no team picks him up right?  Or, does he have some time to decide what he wants to do?  Maybe he has to think about it now.

Just muttering to myself ...

Agreed.  Funny now, but you may remember that Roy demanded out of Montreal after the Red Wings hung 11 goals on him in a game and the Habs didn't pull him.  He was furious.  It was that incident that resulted in Roy becoming an Av; later that season the Avs eliminated the Wings in the conference finals with Roy in net.  I was living in Detroit at the time; gawd that was a great rivalry while it lasted.

I remember it well but I don't think it was 11 goals.

Well that's interesting.

So is this the beginning of no more Mr. Nice Guy or more akin to reshuffling deck chairs on the Titanic? 

Seems like a lot of you are looking at this as the tip of the iceberg for additional moves coming. I guess it's only logical to assume it took this long because they were shopping him and even offered to eat salary as I read in one of the links on this thread.  

I am not so sure anything else is imminent.  It took them this long to even make this one move. If we somehow start to look better and not lose everyone of the next 4 games i see nothing happening till next year. If we do still look as bad and continue to lose then i agree more moves have been discussed and are queued up waiting to happen and maybe one more before the 12/19 holiday roster freeze.. 

Do we start another betting thread on the whose next?

it Sux that unless they figure out how and start playing some real hockey this seems like that's all we have to talk about up to the trading deadline.       

I remember it well but I don't think it was 11 goals.

From Wiki,  "The Avalanche and Red Wings met in the playoffs five times from 1996 to 2002, with the Avs winning in 1996, 1999 and 2000, and the Wings winning in 1997 and 2002. The heated competition between both teams started with the infamous December 2, 1995, game in Montreal, which was an 11–1 loss to Detroit that resulted in Roy's mid-season trade to Colorado on December 6..."

I could be wrong, but I think the reason Roy was furious is that they made him play the whole game.  After he left the ice he told Habs management he would never play for them again.

From Wiki,  "The Avalanche and Red Wings met in the playoffs five times from 1996 to 2002, with the Avs winning in 1996, 1999 and 2000, and the Wings winning in 1997 and 2002. The heated competition between both teams started with the infamous December 2, 1995, game in Montreal, which was an 11–1 loss to Detroit that resulted in Roy's mid-season trade to Colorado on December 6..."

I could be wrong, but I think the reason Roy was furious is that they made him play the whole game.  After he left the ice he told Habs management he would never play for them again.

No--he left during the game.  But he was mad about being left in for 9.  Here you go:

Edited by Eleven

No, they can't. There are provisions in the CBA against circumvision.

Are you talking about that thing that a mohel does?  Or circumvention?  'Cause I'm getting awfully concerned here about just what the players may or may not have bargained for.

Edited by Eleven

I wonder who that's directed at? *cough* Jack *cough*

I don't think so.  I think Moulson is a popular guy on the team and while players know his skills haven't earned him the shot on the ice at the same time I think they like having him around.  He's got a relationship with Eichel from housing him his first year and he has a history with Okposo.  I think Eichel and Okposo are going to be very upset that he was sent down.  I think the ROR quotes kind of point to that as well.

So, he was officially waived at noon, right?

And he can hang on that wire for 24 hours, right?

If so, by noon tomorrow he will have to report to Rochester, if no team picks him up right?  Or, does he have some time to decide what he wants to do?  Maybe he has to think about it now.

Just muttering to myself ...

He doesn't have to report per se.  He's on the Amerks roster at that point.  If he doesn't report they can suspend him but I don't think that will be the case.  He may report and be scratched and not actually show up.  Who knows.  He may also just go down there and play.

Are you talking about that thing that a mohel does?  Or circumvention?  'Cause I'm getting awfully concerned here about just what the players may or may not have bargained for.

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/collective-bargaining-agreement  - read all about it.. there are a lot of things in there around circumvention.

No, they can't. There are provisions in the CBA against circumvention.

They aren't really enforced though. Look at the way Chicago was able to get out from under Hossa's cap hit. The guy had a "skin condition" he had admittedly dealt with for years then magically reaches unbearable levels exactly when his contract started paying him just $1 million per season.

I don't think so.  I think Moulson is a popular guy on the team and while players know his skills haven't earned him the shot on the ice at the same time I think they like having him around.  He's got a relationship with Eichel from housing him his first year and he has a history with Okposo.  I think Eichel and Okposo are going to be very upset that he was sent down.  I think the ROR quotes kind of point to that as well.

Maybe if they got upset about the piss poor effort they have all been putting forth they wouldn't have had to get pissed off at Moulson being waived. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.