Moulson waived

pi2000

they are both in their early 20's., they shouldn't be leaders at this time.

I think thats the Sabres biggest issue at the moment. bringing in fringe Stanley Cup winners is a start, but they really need to find their Drury 2.0.

How old was Drury when the Sabres traded for him?  

I know we like to complain about the owner but we definitely can not complain about his willingness to let the GM do his thing, no matter what money it costs him.

Drury was 27. 

Some posters here say the darndest things... "he's rich; $3 million isn't that much to him, right?"

Other favorite: "what if he moves to the KHL?"

Yes, he's going to uproot his family, after he just bought a house and settled in an area not to far from where he grew up, to move to the other side of the world where he doesn't know anyone and doesn't speak the language, to play hockey for a couple of years. Why wouldn't he?

Well at least he won't have to learn a new language

I suspect Matt and Jason spoke on this. Jason made a call to the Kings and done deal.

This is actually what the Pegulas were talking about, making Buffalo a hockey destination. Honoring their players contracts and/or wishes if things don't work out.

If FA's ask Matt about Buffalo, the area, if he believed in what they're trying to build and how the organization treats players, I highly suspect the answer will be overwhelmingly positive (John Tavares, you listening?).

Smooth move by all involved. Good luck in your future endeavors Matt. Thank you for believing enough in what the Sabres are doing to re-sign here and try to be a part of it. Sorry it didn't work out.

I suspect Matt and Jason spoke on this. Jason made a call to the Kings and done deal.

This is actually what the Pegulas were talking about, making Buffalo a hockey destination. Honoring their players contracts and/or wishes if things don't work out.

If FA's ask Matt about Buffalo, the area, if he believed in what they're trying to build and how the organization treats players, I highly suspect the answer will be overwhelmingly positive (John Tavares, you listening?).

Smooth move by all involved. Good luck in your future endeavors Matt. Thank you for believing enough in what the Sabres are doing to re-sign here and try to be a part of it. Sorry it didn't work out.

Agreed, this definitely reflects well on Botterill and the org. 

Hey Tavares, come over here, have you seen how we well treat aging vets once we kick them off the team? :lol:

I know we like to complain about the owner but we definitely can not complain about his willingness to let the GM do his thing, no matter what money it costs him.

How did this move cost Terry money?

I got one for Josie. A sketch of Moulson standing on the steps of Sabre One, giving a Nixon goodbye wave as he prepares to leave for California.

How did this move cost Terry money?

I got one for Josie. A sketch of Moulson standing on the steps of Sabre One, giving a Nixon goodbye wave as he prepares to leave for California.

i just want to take a moment to note that Josie's art voodoo basically worked. She did a nice, uplifting, positive doodle of Matty Mo and now he's gone. 

Just like we planned.  :devil:

Damn.

Ah! So.

Huh.

Like, they wanted him nowhere near the organ-eye-zay-shun?

"Matt, you're gonna have to retire."

"No way.  8 mil."

"Matt, enjoy Ontario.  Ontario California."

Yup, as others have said, it looks like Botts is doing well by Moulson here, as best he can. Moulson would probably much rather spend his winter in California.

Slick move from Botterill.

Who play in California for those wondering

I know, right?  I used to live in SoCal but never associated Ontario, Calif., as the home of a minor league hockey team.

Per Botterill News Release

#Sabres  loaned Matt Moulson to #LAKings' AHL affiliate, the Ontario Reign, because they didn't want to take away from young forwards' ice time with Rochester Americans.

I love this but at the same time, what a dis to Matty Mo.

Yea, nothing like being thousands of miles from your wife and kids who I think live in Amherst. I bet he's thrilled to be in Southern California instead.

I have no problem with the move. You make millions to play a sport so deal with it.

Well his wife's sister is married to Jonathan Quick, so I'm guessing they'll load up the truck and move to Beverly.... Hills that is Ontario.

I know, right? I used to live in SoCal but never associated Ontario, Calif., as the home of a minor league hockey team.

I love this but at the same time, what a dis to Matty Mo.

Unless you were in Socal in 2015, there wasn't minot league hockey there. And it's not a dis at all. They did him a favor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.