Moulson waived

pi2000

He might be a decent fit on a *heavy* team. Not sure if LA has changed directions on how they view what it takes to win, but if the old mold is still how they want to put a team together he may have a shot.

Even so, I wouldn't think LA would trade for Moulson with the contract.

He might be a decent fit on a *heavy* team. Not sure if LA has changed directions on how they view what it takes to win, but if the old mold is still how they want to put a team together he may have a shot.

LA no longer plays the heavy game, they have tons of speed now, fun team to watch actually.

• 2 weeks later...

After 6 games, Moulson is now tied for 6th in scoring on the Reign with 10 assists and zero goals.

If anything, I wish stats like this would discourage the people that say things like "Sit the entire Sabres and let the Amerks play in their place". There's a world of difference between the AHL and NHL, even taking MM's (likely) motivation to play out of his mind and prove something into account.

If anything, I wish stats like this would discourage the people that say things like "Sit the entire Sabres and let the Amerks play in their place". There's a world of difference between the AHL and NHL, even taking MM's (likely) motivation to play out of his mind and prove something into account.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

That said, I'll be at the Reign/Gulls game this Saturday.    Will post a full post-game report on our beloved Matt Moulson.... IMO he's earned a call-up.  

That's a great quote. Is that all yours?

Not mine, it's based off a conversation between Alice and the Cheshire Cat in "Alice in Wonderland".... where she doesn't know where she's going, and the cat says that if that's the case it doesn't matter which road you take... you'll get there (somewhere anyway).  

Matty Mo just scored his first as a member of the Reign.... and I was there to witness it lol! 3-3 after 2, Petersen in the cage for the Reign looks terrible, no rebound control and can't find the biscuit through traffic. Entertaining game tho, a handful of fights already, these teams don't like each other. Moulson also assisted in the first goal, he looks slow, but is positionally sound and can dish.

Matty Mo just scored his first as a member of the Reign.... and I was there to witness it lol! 3-3 after 2, Petersen in the cage for the Reign looks terrible, no rebound control and can't find the biscuit through traffic. Entertaining game tho, a handful of fights already, these teams don't like each other. Moulson also assisted in the first goal, he looks slow, but is positionally sound and can dish.

Former Sabres prospect thar spurned Buffalo for greener pastures?

Former Sabres prospect thar spurned Buffalo for greener pastures?

Correct, and Corey Tropp had an absolutely filthy goal pulling the puck between his own legs and roofing it. Still 3-3 HALF WAY through the third period.

Edited by paj två tusen

Gulls score with less than a minute, win 4-3. Moulson with second star.

Making five million living in Southern Cali, avoiding the frigid winter of Buffalo's hell.  All at the same time not being booed off the ice on the PP.  MattyMo, sip a Moulson and enjoy the good life. 

So we could swap Lehner and Petersen and not notice the difference?

• 4 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.