2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Are they not able to use the actual number fonts in these posts.  The rounded numbers look so awkward to me.  Sadly, I worry that I just gave some fuel for the "Sabres social media sucks" thread.

The Sabres number font is apparently extremely elusive. EA didn’t have the numbers right for years (I think they still don’t have the exact one) and the Sabres social media team actually apparently doesn’t have access to it. I have no idea what it is either.

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The Sabres number font is apparently extremely elusive. EA didn’t have the numbers right for years (I think they still don’t have the exact one) and the Sabres social media team actually apparently doesn’t have access to it. I have no idea what it is either.

I guess I never looked all that closely, but I just assumed they were using that same somewhat boxy font that has pretty much always been used with hockey.

How much change in a year?

2017-2018 opening lineup

Forwards (13)

Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, Girgensons, Pominville, Larsson, Kane, ROR, Moulson, Griffith, Josefson, Nolan and Pouliot

Defense (8)

Scandella, Ristolainen, Bogo, McCabe, Baloo, Tennyson, Antipin and Gorges

Goalies (2)

Lehner Johnson

2018-19 Lineup

Forwards (13)

Returnees (5) - Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, Girgensons, and Pominville 

New Players (7) - Skinner, Sheary, Sobotka, Berglund, Thompson, Mittelstadt and Elie

Sabre For Most of Last Season (1) - Erod

Defense (8)

Returnees (6) Risto, Scandella, McCabe, Baloo, Bogo and Tennyson (note: Tennyson and Bogo played limited games for the Sabres - Nelson and Falk played in their place)

New Face (1) Dahlin

Sabres for most of last season (1) Nelson

Goalies (2)

New Faces (2): Hutton and Ullmark

The 2018-19 Opening Night Sabres roster will feature 12 different players then last year (52%).  The Sabres will also start 11 different players vs the most common roster from last season.  Wilson who took Moulson’s slot is still a Sabres but is on IR as is holdover Larsson. 39 players suited up for the Sabres last season. 13 of these players are no longer in the organization including Moulson, Kane, Pouliot, Antipin, Nolan, Josefson, Baptiste, Griffith, Falk, Gorges, Fasching, Johnson and Lehner.  

On paper this is a much better team then last season.  Unlike last season, the Sabres will feature 4 lines of actual NHL forwards.  

Of the guys dumped by the Sabres; Gorges is retired, Antipin and Josefson went home, Falk (Clg) and Nolan (stl) failed to make their new teams, Pouliot is still a UFA, Baptiste, Fasching and Griffith are all back in the minors. Only Chad Johnson and Lehner remain in the NHL with Stl and the NYI respectively. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

It'll be interesting to see how many games the new guy, Elie, sits before being worked into a game.

Also curious to see how long Bogo is out. We're now a week + into him being diagnosed "day-to-day" which, in my book, means he's week-to-week now.

When Larsson comes back do they send Tennyson down? Or put Bogo on IR?

I hope that 3rd line is able to produce...anything. To me it's the most intriguing because maybe it will be good or maybe it'll be a line that will make us pull our hair out.

11 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I think Tennyson should get sent down when Larsson returns. JBot should try to unload Larsson for anything once other teams get a few injuries.

I hope Nylander plays well in the AHL, forcing their hand to bring him up.

I'd be surprised if Larsson can fetch much of anything, but who knows. I'd be happy with a mid-round pick.

@ByMHarrington
Housley said Bogosian remains day to day (he was not put on injured reserve, remember). For games he doesn't play, Ristolainen or Scandella will wear his 'A' Said Nylander and Guhle were sent to #Amerks to play major minutes they couldn't get here on lower lines/pairs. #Sabres

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I was really hoping more kids would be able to step up now. We really have drafted poorly over the last while haven't we? Ah well, nowhere to go but up. 

from 2009-2014 we drafted like complete trash. In 2014 at least we pulled out Reinhart. Way too many drafts where we came away with 1 guy and way too many where that 1 guy was mediocre. 

On 10/3/2018 at 8:04 PM, PerreaultForever said:

I was really hoping more kids would be able to step up now. We really have drafted poorly over the last while haven't we? Ah well, nowhere to go but up. 

Apparently not.  

Giving Bogo and Okposo A’s is keeping the same failed voices as the leaders.  

Housley needs to rethink his approach.  Players that give effort play the minutes.  Players who don’t, even Capt Jack sit or lose minutes and PP time. 

If they are going to play like children then treat them that way.  I don’t care to ever see Z, Pommers or KO ever again. 

Move Dahlin w Ristolainen and say generate offense.  We will accept a few 2 on 1s the other way.

I’m waiving Baloo and bringing up Pilut to move the puck. I’m also waiving Larsson and Z, demoting KO to 4th duties.  I’m bringing up Nylander.  

New lineup

Erod Jack Thompson

Skinner Casey Nylander

Sheary Berglund Reinhart

Elie Sobotka Okposo

Pominville

Dahlin Ristolainen

McCabe Scandella

Pilut Nelson

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 10/4/2018 at 8:53 AM, LGR4GM said:

from 2009-2014 we drafted like complete trash. In 2014 at least we pulled out Reinhart. Way too many drafts where we came away with 1 guy and way too many where that 1 guy was mediocre. 

I feel like I've said it a million times, but when you go an entire decade with Jake McCabe being your best non-top-10 draft pick, you're going to be a pretty bad hockey team, irrespective of anything and everything else you do. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.