2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

I would hope he gets sent down at least 1 day before the Amerks next game.

With the team being at home through Thursday, no rush to call someone up IF Housley plans to keep the lines the way they were in Southern California.  If he's open to putting one of the kids into the lineup, then reward Smith, Nylander, or Olofsson.  If not, wait until the flight to Ohio to grab an extra skater.

They currently have two spare forwards, right?  I really don't see any reason to call anyone up... unless there's an injury, then I'll just delete this and back away quietly.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

They currently have two spare forwards, right?  I really don't see any reason to call anyone up... unless there's an injury, then I'll just delete this and back away quietly.

This is correct. The Sabres have three games over nine days with one road trip to Columbus and the Amerks are home next weekend. 

If someone needs to be called up in an emergency, it’s easy enough to get them there. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

24 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is correct. The Sabres have three games over nine days with one road trip to Columbus and the Amerks are home next weekend. 

If someone needs to be called up in an emergency, it’s easy enough to get them there. 

Yep.

Unless they're actually going to let whoever they'd bring up play, don't see a point to calling someone up (other than being able to give them extra money as they'd be getting ~1/187th of an NHL salary rather than an AHL one for those days they are "Sabres").

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This does not indicate they have a decision. It’s just a list of players who are on ELC that could slide - they have him as definitively staying.

Yep.  It's the same type of "decision" that they had to make with Eichel after nine games.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Skinner demonstrating that he's not a team player.  Trade the selfish prick right f###ing now.  

/sarcasm

And what about captain Eichel?  He's so selfish that he can't get past his Boston-born Laker hate and get out there with his teammates?  Selfish bastard.

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

And what about captain Eichel?  He's so selfish that he can't get past his Boston-born Laker hate and get out there with his teammates?  Selfish bastard.

Thought about that and came up with three different theories

1) With Reinhart somewhere

2) Went back to Buffalo already

3) He's the captain now, so the kids went out to play

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Thought about that and came up with three different theories

1) With Reinhart somewhere

2) Went back to Buffalo already

3) He's the captain now, so the kids went out to play

Jack, Sam, Bogo went to party with Kaner

3 hours ago, shrader said:

They probably do have to decide whether to order more white or blue Dahlin jerseys for the Sabre store.

My first ever jersey purchase will be a white Dahlin after they've fixed the colors. Then Jack's. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

He  ain't got nuthin on Brett Hull.  I met him in an airport once.  I think his shoulders are broader than he is tall.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

His name should be unmentionable.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

I mean, for all the hate he gets, Hull didn’t ruin a Sabres cup run as hard as D**g G*****r did two years later... 

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I like how all the kids go for a James jersey (I'm assuming he's 23), but the old guys actually have some sense of individuality.  Now if only those two had found a way to go with Jordan jerseys, that would have been good for a few laughs.

Even the "old guys" aren't old enough to remember Jordan's heyday.  They probably can barely remember his comeback with Washington.  Okposo was a 9 year old when Jordan retired--the SECOND time.

We're the "old guys."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.