2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Also:  I’m interested in the sub-plot of what happens with Nylander and Thompson when Sheary and Larsson return, which could be as early as 3-4 days from now.  

It’s probably fair to say that neither of them has made the team just yet — and we won’t know until Sheary and Larsson return.  

We should hope that at least 1 of Nylander and TT has shown enough to force JBott to waive Larsson, Wilson or Zemgus when push comes to shove.  And that each of Nylander and TT realizes that this is where they are, and works like crazy this week in practice.  

The team can only have 23 players on opening day, so the team will be down to 23 players including Sheary, Bogosian, Hunwick, etc initially & then they'll pull back up however many players that go on IR once that occurs later that day.

No data which guys will subsequently get sent down when the IR list clears.

(And the only point of the 1st paragraph was that a andful of players that have "made" the team might find themselves sent down essentially on paper (sometimes it's good to have the farmclub 80 minutes down the road) but then immediately recalled after the IR transactions are made.)

Edited by Taro T

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, IF all the injured guys end up on IR, then 1 more player needs to go down (& stay there).

Also, good to see Sheary not listed as injured.

My guess is that player is Guhle.

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Pilut to Rochester per Sabres PR

Guess I should've waited to make that guess.  :lol:

So,  minus the injuries, they are essentially still one player over 14 forwards and 8 D. Depending on how many injured guys don’t go on IR, one or more of Guhle, Pilut, Mittelstadt Nylander and Thompson goes down.

Hickey and Malone are going to Rochester and Hunwick will be on IR. To me, it’s Guhle, followed by Pilut if Bogo can play. I have no idea what they will do if Larsson is ready to go.

33 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The team can only have 23 players on opening day, so the team will be down to 23 players including Sheary, Bogosian, Hunwick, etc initially & then they'll pull back up however many players that go on IR once that occurs later that day.

No data which guys will subsequently get sent down when the IR list clears.

(And the only point of the 1st paragraph was that a andful of players that have "made" the team might find themselves sent down essentially on paper (sometimes it's good to have the farmclub 80 minutes down the road) but then immediately recalled after the IR transactions are made.)

Good info.  Thanks.  

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

He'll be up in no time, and won't go back.

Pilut?  Optimistic but I appreciate it. 

Ullmark, Dahlin, Guhle, Thompson, Nylander and Mittelstadt would be the most exciting group of “rookies” the Sabres have dressed in one season since Roy, Pominville, Miller, Vanek, Gaustad, Campbell.

I hope Botterill has the balls to follow through and the players reward his faith.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Good info.  Thanks.  

Pilut?  Optimistic but I appreciate it. 

Yep, I think he was one of our 4 best defensemen this preseason. Watching him kill a Malkin-Kessel rush with ease, and then calmly ignore a Crosby forecheck to get the puck out with a crisp pass sealed it for me. The numbers game plus small-ice concerns are why he was sent down, but he'll be back.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Ullmark, Dahlin, Guhle, Thompson, Nylander and Mittelstadt would be the most exciting group of “rookies” the Sabres have dressed in one season since Roy, Pominville, Miller, Vanek, Gaustad, Campbell.

I hope Botterill has the balls to follow through and the players reward his faith.

Agreed. 

Is Thompson a rookie with 41 games played last year? I forget the cutoff rules.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Pilut might earn his way into the group too!

Is TT officially a rookie?  (Perhaps that’s what you were referring to with the quotes.) I think the cutoff used to be 25 games.  Either way he’s a Sabres rookie.  

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is Thompson a rookie with 41 games played last year? I forget the cutoff rules.

He’s not. I believe it’s 27 games in one season or 20 in two?

Ullamrk won’t be either.

campbell and Roy weren’t either in 05.

@nfreeman that indeed was what I was referring to; they might not all be officially rookies,  but they are unproven NHLers.

Edited by dudacek

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

They’ve just been waived. Doesn’t mean they need to be sent down.

Die By the Blade is just a blog. It’s not a reputable source. They’re just speculating that they’ve been waived to be sent down. I would assume that’s the case but they don’t need to be sent down.

Gives you flexibility or they may have thought they’re more likely to sneak them through waivers today vs another later date.

DBTB is a blog. Just like Puck Daddy was. You think Wysh didn’t have connections? 

Some of the DBTB bloggers have connections. Don’t hate. 

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

DBTB is a blog. Just like Puck Daddy was. You think Wysh didn’t have connections? 

DBTB is as reputable as anything else IMO.  Even Hamsammich makes mistakes and he practically lives with the team.

Sorry to see that Yerdon's prediction didn't come to pass.

10 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’m not hating. Chad is the only one with possible connections. The rest are literally just dudes with opinions.

7 minutes ago, N S said:

Pomminstein sighting ... LOL.

It is heart warming that the awesome autocorrection did not get flushed in the great upgrade.

Unless, of course, our estemed Sabel79 is just playing with us.

That it carried over in the move to the new board is SDS's greatest achievement, IMHO.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.