2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They could, but if he does get taken by somebody the Pens owe the Sabres a lesser draft pick.

The 30 day thing is simply Tennyson can be sent down anytime in the next 30 days w/out clearing waivers.  Hunwick, Bogosian, & Beaulieu would have to clear to go down.  And if Tennyson goes down w/ time still on his waiverless send down still remaining, he could be brought back up for a few more days & sent down again waiverlessly.

The 30 days pretty much guarantees that if a vet D gets sent down, he'll be the guy sent down.

Makes sense. Players don't need to clear waivers upon re-entry regardless of when they are recalled, correct?

Skinner Jack Samson

Sheary Berglund Thompson

Sobatka Mittelstadt Okposo

Girgensons ERod Pominville

I'm staring at this group, really staring at it 
And our bottom nine is honestly freaking dreadful. 

Scandella-Risto
Dahlin-McCabe
Beaulieu-Nelson/Bogo when healthy

...I'm revising my prediction from 75 points to 70 points

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Skinner Jack Samson

Sheary Berglund Thompson

Scandella-Risto
Dahlin-McCabe

Berglund centering the 2nd line (not just in ice time but function as well) & Mittelstadt centering the "let's shelter the rookie w/ vets" line is not particularly confidence boosting.

On the other hand it does appear the top line & top D pairing will likely be used together like an old school Soviet 5 man unit.  Unfortunately, all 5 guys will be getting 26-28 minutes of ice time per game.  

My worry with sending Nylander down is that he has been brutal in Rochester. There is a different style in the AHL vs NHL and maybe he’s more of a fit for the NHL. Some guys just are, as weird as it is.

I don’t want to kill his confidence and would like to see him in blue and gold.

• Like (+1) 6

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Skinner Jack Samson

Sheary Berglund Thompson

Scandella-Risto
Dahlin-McCabe

Flagg just curious. What did you expect? You predict 75 points with same group of players. Nylander going down rather than ? Is a difference of five points. Or are you just questioning the makeup of the lines.

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Flagg just curious. What did you expect? You predict 75 points with same group of players. Nylander going down rather than ? Is a difference of five points. Or are you just questioning the makeup of the lines.

LOL..... Flagg has turned into Debbie Downer. Just say Bye Felicia until January when team chemistry and Dahlin and Casey get the league figured out.

2nd line.... 2 vets with a good history plus an up and coming TT

3rd line.... 2 vets, 1 who is a gritty player and has averaged 32 points a game his last 2 years in NHL, a vet who has scored 273 points his last 5 seasons in the NHL and a consensus top 5-10 prospect

4th line is your PITA line and PK line.

We're not winning the SCup this year but that lineup screams a lot better than last years lineup

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Radar said:

Well no, I just had my offseason glasses on, but now that I've seen Mitts, Berglund, Sobotka, Thompson etc. play, and readjust how those lines look to me incorporating that information, I really don't like the overall makeup of the forward group at all. And I've never liked the construction of our defense (I really like about two of our defensemen, am okay with one more, and have zero interest in watching the rest)

We might not be better, but we certainly can’t accuse Botterill of not overhauling a bad team. Thirteen new players brought into the organization in the off season, not counting the draft.

Remi Elie

Jack Dougherty

Jeff Skinner

Scott Wedgewood

Carter Hutton

Vladimir Sobotka

Patrik Berglund

Tage Thompson

Brandon Hickey

Conor Sheary

Matt Hunwick

Lawrence Pilut

Andrew Oglevie

53 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Well no, I just had my offseason glasses on, but now that I've seen Mitts, Berglund, Sobotka, Thompson etc. play, and readjust how those lines look to me incorporating that information, I really don't like the overall makeup of the forward group at all. And I've never liked the construction of our defense (I really like about two of our defensemen, am okay with one more, and have zero interest in watching the rest)

Okay.  I'm going into this season thinking more positive than last. Just feel we're more balanced overall. I loved ROR but fact is we lose with or without him. Our additions don't have ROR quality but add depth and experience to our forward lines. Our defense and goaltending are question marks. Overall I'm looking for improvement this year and at least sniffing playoff possibilities but probably not a playoff team. 

I was going to say that Flagg gets like this every now and then -- but really, who among us hasn't despaired of this team at some point during the past few seasons?

I admit to feeling unwarranted optimism every year 'bout this time, but still:

- New goalies

- Possible new superstar defenseman

- New speedy, scoring winger in a contract year in Skinner

- 2 new high-ceiling kid forwards in Mittsy and TT, plus Nylander if and when he earns a trip back here

- A year of HC experience under Housley's belt

- More team speed

- Less team psychodrama with departures of Lehner, ROR and Kane

- Healthy KO

- Healthy McCabe, who looked good in preseason with Dahlin

- More guys in Rochester like Pilut, Guhle and Nylander pushing the incumbents

I'm telling ya:  it's going to be a good year!

In fact, I guarantee it.

(Please contact Eleven via PM with all guarantee-related inquiries.)

19 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I was going to say that Flagg gets like this every now and then -- but really, who among us hasn't despaired of this team at some point during the past few seasons?

- New goalies

- 2 new high-ceiling kid forwards in Mittsy and TT, plus Nylander if and when he earns a trip back here

- More team speed

- Healthy KO

In fact, I guarantee it.

Wow.  Who are u and what have u done with Freeman?

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

- New goalies

- More team speed

- Healthy KO

In fact, I guarantee it.

just because its different....

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What are they gonna do? Finish last again but more so? 

Nobody is out-tanking Ottawa

I ultimately feel that Ottawa looks to be the worst team in the league. But what are the chances of them having a chip on their shoulder, as the offseason laughingstock of the league? They're talked about every day, and all it is is about how trash they are. I'd bet whoever winds up in that dressing room wants nothing more than to shut those people up. 

I don't think they could even ride that to a competition for a playoff spot, but it could be enough for them to not be worst in the league/bottom3. 

Just a thought. I'd still put money on them finishing last 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.