2018 - 2019 Lineup

Tondas

Defense and secondary scoring is still what is hurting the Sabres.  I don't like the Risto- Scandella pairing. Didn't work last year and is not working this year.  They are always out of position.  I'd even put Scandella with Bogo.. and Beaulieu with Risto at even strength...

Changes need to be made up front...

Mitts- Eichel- Okposo

Skinner- Sobotka- Reinhart

Sheary- ERod- Pommer

Girgensons-Beglund- Bailey

Send Thompson down for 10 games in Rochester to get his scoring touch and some confidence.

Ullmark better play one of the two games this weekend.  Kid gets a shut out in his only game, yet can't get back in the line up. Come on Phil!!

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

We didn't even get one of their top 3 prospects. I'll never get over that

According to a Blues board ranking from before the trade they had Tage at 5 or 6 

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

Defense and secondary scoring is still what is hurting the Sabres.  I don't like the Risto- Scandella pairing. Didn't work last year and is not working this year.  They are always out of position.  I'd even put Scandella with Bogo.. and Beaulieu with Risto at even strength...

Changes need to be made up front...

Mitts- Eichel- Okposo

Skinner- Sobotka- Reinhart

Sheary- ERod- Pommer

Girgensons-Beglund- Bailey

Send Thompson down for 10 games in Rochester to get his scoring touch and some confidence.

Ullmark better play one of the two games this weekend.  Kid gets a shut out in his only game, yet can't get back in the line up. Come on Phil!!

Bailey was healthy-scratched in Rochester, wasn't he?

But seriously, without rehashing any old arguments about the ROR trade or even mentioning ROR again in the rest of this post, those players need to be better. 

We have 1 goal and 1 assist in 17 games played from the guys that came back, one was healthy-scratched, the other has a 25% corsi, and the third needs to be in Roch yesterday. It's not always going to be this bad of course, and it's so early, so this isn't a sky-is-falling post, but we need these guys to play better as soon  as possible. (Tage can do so while regaining his confidence in the AHL.) 

32 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

But seriously, without rehashing any old arguments about the ROR trade or even mentioning ROR again in the rest of this post, those players need to be better. 

We have 1 goal and 1 assist in 17 games played from the guys that came back, one was healthy-scratched, the other has a 25% corsi, and the third needs to be in Roch yesterday. It's not always going to be this bad of course, and it's so early, so this isn't a sky-is-falling post, but we need these guys to play better as soon  as possible. (Tage can do so while regaining his confidence in the AHL.) 

None of them have been healthy scratched, for clarification. Berglund was banged up, per Housley.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Careful you might make people mad 

I tried to see the trade positively but unless Thompson or that 1st really pan out it was a bad trade. Berglund and especially Sobotka were cap dumps which makes taking them dumb. I would rather have taken 1 of them and then gotten a 2nd round pick. At least they don't make a ton. 

Now that he has blown up the lines and PP units, it's time to dump certain players.  

Call up Olofsson, Pilut and Bailey - Yes Bailey.

Bench Bogo, waive Larsson and demote Thompson.

Bailey's instructions.  Go hit someone, dig pucks out and clean up rebounds when you can.  Same instructions for KO and Sheary.

I want Dahlin paired with Pilut.  I want McCabe with Nelson.  

The message to the current Sabres, play hard and play well or we'll replace you asap.  Also we miss Wilson.  He gave 100% every shift.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Pominville was in the one spot that I was okay with him in the top 12. Now he's next to Jack. 

Confirmed proof that Phil needs a ROR and his ROR is Sobotka 

Our two ES generators are together now, and the rest of the lines' jobs have just become "to survive"

Not a fan. 

Hopefully that means they are guaranteed to play well now 

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Pominville was in the one spot that I was okay with him in the top 12. Now he's next to Jack. 

Confirmed proof that Phil needs a ROR and his ROR is Sobotka 

Our two ES generators are together now, and the rest of the lines' jobs have just become "to survive"

Not a fan. 

Hopefully that means they are guaranteed to play well now 

Well, actually according to Harrington's tweet Pominville's on the 1st & 4th lines & Girgensons is MIA.  

Really expect I can like Housley as a Sabres coach as much as I liked him as a Sabre player in short order.  Have tried to stay agnostic about his coaching because I truly could not stand him as a defenseman & realize that could cloud my opinion, but he doesn't make it easy.  How many mother ####ing times can you pass the puck to Stephane ####ing Richer in a single playoff series?  Now we know.

18 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Now that he has blown up the lines and PP units, it's time to dump certain players.  

Call up Olofsson, Pilut and Bailey - Yes Bailey.

Bench Bogo, waive Larsson and demote Thompson.

Bailey's instructions.  Go hit someone, dig pucks out and clean up rebounds when you can.  Same instructions for KO and Sheary.

I want Dahlin paired with Pilut.  I want McCabe with Nelson.  

The message to the current Sabres, play hard and play well or we'll replace you asap.  Also we miss Wilson.  He gave 100% every shift.

This is how you ruin things. Leave all of the kids down there for the year, with maybe the exception of Guhle solely because he's already seen NHL action. Let them grow and win together

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This is how you ruin things. Leave all of the kids down there for the year, with maybe the exception of Guhle solely because he's already seen NHL action. Let them grow and win together

I couldn't disagree with you more.  Thompson needs to go down and there is no one here that has his skillset.  We need goal scoring and Olofsson brings that.  Also we need to move the puck out of the zone and need players who can enhance the PP.  Pilut does that.  There is enough depth in Roch with the addition of Thompson to not lose much with Olofsson in Buffalo.  Also you need to reward the kids who play well in Roch.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.