Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I took my wedding ring off this evening. I won't be putting it back on. This is not awesome.

What is awesome: the realization that things are going to be ok. My wife will, in 18 months or so, no longer legally be my wife. We're going to act as if it's the case sooner than that. We'll always be partners though, in terms of the continued raising of our child. Both of us grew up with divorced parents who gave us shining examples of how not to do things. Lessons learned, we move on. Sooner than later we'll have to sit our daughter down and explain to her what's happening. ripping her world in half doesn't seem like a good idea, but keeping things as they are is probably worse. Kids aren't stupid and she's no exception. She already gets most of it. It'll be fine. We redefine our family and move on. So much the better.

Sorry to lay this on Sabrespace, but I have no place else at this exact moment...

I took my wedding ring off this evening. I won't be putting it back on. This is not awesome.

What is awesome: the realization that things are going to be ok. My wife will, in 18 months or so, no longer legally be my wife. We're going to act as if it's the case sooner than that. We'll always be partners though, in terms of the continued raising of our child. Both of us grew up with divorced parents who gave us shining examples of how not to do things. Lessons learned, we move on. Sooner than later we'll have to sit our daughter down and explain to her what's happening. ripping her world in half doesn't seem like a good idea, but keeping things as they are is probably worse. Kids aren't stupid and she's no exception. She already gets most of it. It'll be fine. We redefine our family and move on. So much the better.

Sorry to lay this on Sabrespace, but I have no place else at this exact moment...

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil. It will be destroyed by those who sit back and watch.

Don't watch.

Very saddened to read that. Wishing you the best getting through this troubling time.

Thanks, Taro. The reason it ended up in the awesome thread, and the thing that I realized extremely recently is that it's not as troubling now as it was yesterday, and things are going to be ok.

You've been hinting at this for a while. Wishing you and your daughter the best.

Been there, done that around 6 years ago with an almost 3 year old son.  Wasn't the easiest transition, but has been for the best.  Happily married to someone for 4 years (today, actually), with a beautiful 2 year old daughter and another kiddo on the way in January.  I'm on decent terms with my ex, and we have joint custody of our son, splitting time 50/50 (week on, week off).  The best advice I can give is to always make sure you're the "stable" parent for your daughter.  If your wife does it too, then your kid will certainly be fine.  But if she doesn't, then you'll be the backbone for her.  I like to think I've been able to do that for my boy.  My ex has really had her ups and downs, but at least what he always has from me is stability and consistency.  That has never wavered.  

Bravo to the shop owner here:

http://www.wtsp.com/life/auto-shop-removes-racist-graffiti-for-free/450509770

Insert some not-so-awesome comment on how racism is a thing of the past.

""My initial reaction was complete shock," said Michael Nash, the shop's lead painter,"

I thought lead paint was out.  Is it back in now?

""My initial reaction was complete shock," said Michael Nash, the shop's lead painter,"

I thought lead paint was out.  Is it back in now?

Hey, with the current EPA it probably is. Bring back leaded gas while we're at it!

Just got back from 4 hrs of roller hockey at the park. First time I've played with more than 1 or 2 people in 2 years. So good. Even worth the hell I'm going through right now as my gall bladder picked today to flare up for the first time in a month. 

This scrawny 10 year old came up to the rink in blades with 3 wheels each, and the ruubber completely stripped off the front wheels, and he kicked our . We called him Jack Eichel. So cool. That kid's at least making the CHL. 

Ramadan is awesome.

About 2 hours to sunset and I am closing my office for the day.

Thanks for the good wishes everybody.

Hold the fort will ya while I am gone.

See you in about 30 days, or so.

Quoting myself, here.

The new moon has been credibly reported in much of North Africa.  This year it was decided to use the Universal Sighting method to determine the end of Ramadan, which means if any member of the world wide network of official moon sighters sees the new moon we would all accept it.  In Arabia they have announced Eid starts at sunset tonight.

I am still fasting, as it is still Ramadan here in Halifax until sunset, which is in about 2 and a half hours, but I may not be online later.

Ramadan is ending and it was a very good month.  As usual, I miss it already.

So, what did I miss?

Salam / Peace.

Quoting myself, here.

The new moon has been credibly reported in much of North Africa.  This year it was decided to use the Universal Sighting method to determine the end of Ramadan, which means if any member of the world wide network of official moon sighters sees the new moon we would all accept it.  In Arabia they have announced Eid starts at sunset tonight.

I am still fasting, as it is still Ramadan here in Halifax until sunset, which is in about 2 and a half hours, but I may not be online later.

So, what did I miss?

Salam / Peace.

Welcome back. 'Bout all you missed was an apparently uneventful draft & JB's determination that keeping MODO was worth Carrier & a 6th.

& Sabres also added a Hab D that may project to 2nd pairing.

Welcome back. 'Bout all you missed was an apparently uneventful draft & JB's determination that keeping MODO was worth Carrier & a 6th.

& Sabres also added a Hab D that may project to 2nd pairing.

Thanks.  It's good to be back.

I read someplace on here ... just skimming a bit ... that Housie is coach.  I like that.

Quoting myself, here.

So, what did I miss?

Salam / Peace.

DeLuca returned briefly, but then left again because WIldCard spurned his advances.

Chz decided to finally reveal that pic that she's been teasing us with since about 2006.

Ink & his wife are pregnant again, this time with a tadpole, which is a little weird.

TrueBlue watched a NatGeo thingy and now identifies as a hyena.

Other than that, it's been pretty normal.

(You didn't miss anything.)

DeLuca returned briefly, but then left again because WIldCard spurned his advances.

Chz decided to finally reveal that pic that she's been teasing us with since about 2006.

Ink & his wife are pregnant again, this time with a tadpole, which is a little weird.

TrueBlue watched a NatGeo thingy and now identifies as a hyena.

Other than that, it's been pretty normal.

(You didn't miss anything.)

Was that the avatar that looked like Tyler Ennis?

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Quoting myself, here.

The new moon has been credibly reported in much of North Africa. This year it was decided to use the Universal Sighting method to determine the end of Ramadan, which means if any member of the world wide network of official moon sighters sees the new moon we would all accept it. In Arabia they have announced Eid starts at sunset tonight.

Ramadan is ending and it was a very good month. As usual, I miss it already.

So, what did I miss?

Salam / Peace.

Welcome back! One of my groomsman was also observing Ramadan, and my wedding fell right in the middle. I was actually a bit concerned for him on the wedding day, because it was HOT outside. We took our pictures before, so we spent a lot of time running around outside before the ceremony, which was also in the bright sun. But of course he is accustomed to the fasting, so he was just fine. We set aside food and dessert for sundown.