Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I didn't realize how much this movie sucked until today.  I do remember, vaguely, that I didn't love it when I was ten or whatever.  Now I know why.

Holy ######, this is one of the worst movies ever made.  And it made millions!

Don't watch it.  It's the VIlle Leino of movies.

Have never watched it. Have no intention of ever changing that fact.

I didn't realize how much this movie sucked until today. I do remember, vaguely, that I didn't love it when I was ten or whatever. Now I know why.

Holy ######, this is one of the worst movies ever made. And it made millions!

Don't watch it. It's the VIlle Leino of movies.

You son of a

Edited by d4rksabre

I didn't realize how much this movie sucked until today.  I do remember, vaguely, that I didn't love it when I was ten or whatever.  Now I know why.

Holy ######, this is one of the worst movies ever made.  And it made millions!

Don't watch it.  It's the VIlle Leino of movies.

I was wondering why on earth you put that in here

• 2 weeks later...

Chowards.  The company behind those awesome freaking violet candies that you might know from your corner drugstore?  Oh, they just decided to package those up into bags, like gummy bear bags or other, crappier, candy bags.  I now have like 100 Chowards at home.

Edited by Eleven

Chowards.  The company behind those awesome freaking violet candies that you might know from your corner drugstore?  Oh, they just decided to package those up into bags, like gummy bear bags or other, crappier, candy bags.  I now have like 100 Chowards at home.

This candy sounds like a coward from the Boston area.

Yum! A urinal cake for every occasion!

Can you tell that I don't like those Violets?

This could go here, or it could go in the Complaint thread.

The awesome:  today is the 33rd anniversary of my wedding.

The complaint:  last night my lovely wife gave herself a concussion when she bonked her head on the tailgate of her car.  And also yesterday out of nowhere, I got a cold sore.  So no romantic evening tonight for us.

Anyone who's been married long enough knows that marriage is like that sometimes.

I wish I could justify leaving my gear outside, but sweat frozen goalie pads are a great way to ruin expensive gear.

Florida trick -- empty everything except skates and sticks into chlorinated pool. Soak overnight. Dry next day.

Effectiveness: 5/10.

Takes the nastiest edge off.

Florida trick -- empty everything except skates and sticks into chlorinated pool. Soak overnight. Dry next day.

Effectiveness: 5/10.

Takes the nastiest edge off.

I once had a bottle of shower gel burst in a bag of goalie gear. Fortunately it was summer. So I spread it all out on the lawn and spent hours hosing suds out of my pads. They did smell better though...

Can confirm the Jake McCabe is switching to #19 and Jason Pominville is getting his #29 back. #Sabres

It's nice that Jake is giving Pommers his 29 back, but he should take 92.  19 is cursed by the infamous Cy Hgsn.

Oh man.

You should smell our front closet in our tiny apartment. It is d4rk's goalie equipment den.

Oh. God. I'm used to hockey stank.

This is.... concentrated pungent. There's just nowhere else to put gear in our postage stamp of an apt... 

I realize I'm way late on this but this is a guaranteed fix. For the skates, get a couple of nylon socks, fill them with kitty litter (only used odor killing, clumping kind but I'm guessing any kind will do) tie off the ends. Stick them in the skates. This not only kills the smell but you can re-use the socks over and over. Pretty much does the job overnight. Youngest son played sports and when he took off his cleats in the car, holy cannoli, it was worse than any silent beer and texas red hot fart ever. After awhile we refused to let him bring his cleats into the kitchen (back door entrance). 

If the pads are bad also, buy a big bag of litter, what is left over from the socks, fill a garbage bag with it and stick the pads in there. Get some Lysol wipes and wipe the pads down after you take them out, again it's a guaranteed overnight fix. 

Edited by jsb

Why is this stupid?  If that's what the players want to do, then so be it.  This is totally up to them.

It sucks for any fan that shelled out big bucks for a McCabe #29 Jersey. On the plus side there are probably way more people with Pominville jerseys in their closets.