Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I thought we already had a breasts thread.

:clapping: :wub:

anyway ...

big fan of the iPhone. this is not meant to incite a an-droid vs. apple fanboi flame war. it's what i own, it's what i use, and it's what i like. internet, text, sports scores, *REALLY* love the red laser app for all kinds of reasons--price hunting, bar code generation for any URL, etc. i love the fact that apple finally has a cloud-based music storage system, though i'm not in love with the current implementation (no actual streaming--just the ability to download. in a lot of ways, audiogalaxy has this beat by a landslide, but whatever. for that matter, so does amazon's cloud music storage and google music).

anyway, that is all. also, breasts. thanks to status quo for pointing out that. :)

Lansky ceramic rod knife sharpeners. http://lansky.com/index.php/products/4-rod-turn-box/ So inexpensive, yet so effective. I have yet to use another knife "sharpener" that works as well as these rods do. (ps.. they don't "sharpen" they hone.) 5-10 strokes once a week or so and my chef's knife stays scary sharp.

KitchenAid stand mixers. Not only are they powerful enough to handle heavy duty mixing tasks like kneading bread dough, but their attachments for meat grinding, etc. work extremely well. And they are built tough. And the best part is, in the event they do break they are serviceable. In this age of disposable goods it is good to know that you can get online and buy the parts you need to fix something.

Weber Genesis series gas grills. I've had mine for 11 years. Still have all the original parts. And I don;'t baby mine. It get used year round and is almost never covered. Controls temperature well enough to roast a turkey. Gets hot enough to make glorious pizza. Can be adjusted down low enough to do a very credible job of ribs or pork shoulder.

Genny Bock beer. Try it. You'll thank me.

Lansky ceramic rod knife sharpeners. [ KitchenAid stand mixers. Not only are they powerful enough to handle heavy duty mixing tasks like kneading bread dough, but their attachments for meat grinding, etc. work extremely well. And they are built tough. And the best part is, in the event they do break they are serviceable. In this age of disposable goods it is good to know that you can get online and buy the parts you need to fix something.

I'll second that. I've used the sausage making attachment a few times with fine results.

You are gonna make Ligers' head go kaboom.

Heh, heh. Way too easy....

Weber Genesis series gas grills. I've had mine for 11 years. Still have all the original parts. And I don;'t baby mine. It get used year round and is almost never covered. Controls temperature well enough to roast a turkey. Gets hot enough to make glorious pizza. Can be adjusted down low enough to do a very credible job of ribs or pork shoulder.

Seconded - I've had mine for about the same amount of time and it is great. Steaks are done in under 20 minutes; my old gas grill took at least twice as long.

big fan of the iPhone. this is not meant to incite a an-droid vs. apple fanboi flame war. it's what i own, it's what i use, and it's what i like. internet, text, sports scores, *REALLY* love the red laser app for all kinds of reasons--price hunting, bar code generation for any URL, etc.

I've shied away from most things Apple, but after having Android phones for the last 18 months, I may switch to an iPhone. No real issues with the Android, it's just that there are many great apps being written for the iPhone that never get ported to Android.

I really like my Cuisinart K-cup coffee maker - I get to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee whenever I want. That's pretty awesome.....

Man caves. I've had one in my backyard for three years now and it has provided a great place for myself, friends and neighbors to watch sports and blow off some steam every now and then. There has been some stuff that's happened there that I'm sure would get 95% of men in some deep trouble with their wives, but I'm lucky enough to have an awesome and incredibly understanding wife.

Foo Fighters Documentary. Very insightful on Grohl and the band's history.

http://www.amazon.com/Foo-Fighters-Back-Forth/dp/B004XCUEU2/ref=pd_sim_mov_1/190-4611512-0916923

Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium. Probably the greatest show I've seen, but did not attend. They crushed this show. Watching it made me a huge fan.

http://www.amazon.com/Foo-Fighters-Live-Wembley-Stadium/dp/B001HY3BNQ/ref=pd_cp_mov_2/190-4611512-0916923

I've shied away from most things Apple, but after having Android phones for the last 18 months, I may switch to an iPhone. No real issues with the Android, it's just that there are many great apps being written for the iPhone that never get ported to Android.

I recently got the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and my wife has the iphone 4S. They are both great phones, but I like mine better with the 4G.

Amazon Prime

iPad

iPhone

bluetooth cell phone interface with car stereo/speakerphone

Marmot waterproof windbreaker (for running in the rain)

Double monitor setup for computer

The show "Louie" -- Season 1 on Netflix

Costco jumbo bag of precut frozen wings

Costco chocolate chip cookies

HD DVR

3rd row seating in new car

wife and kids

Another thing that I find awesome, both subjectively and objectively, is the artistic skill of my lovely girlfriend. So I'm going to shamelessly plug her work here. ;)

http://joanna-eberts.blogspot.com/

From hockey players to cartoons to nature's creatures to really abstract twisted stuff, she's a style chameleon.

Just to rope you guys in, here's a recent digital painting of Lanny McDonald.

lanny.png

Amazon Prime

iPad

iPhone

HD DVR

wife and kids

When possible - links and stuff help.

Amazon Prime

iPad

iPhone

HD DVR

wife and kids

I realize you're just pointing out which season is available, but season 2 was miles better IMO.

I realize you're just pointing out which season is available, but season 2 was miles better IMO.

I've only seen about half of season 2. I don't disagree though. (I just saw the episode the other night where Louie hooks up with the single mom from his daughter's class -- holy mackerel.) More generally, I think that comedies tend to get better after the first year as everyone sharpens things up.