Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I posted my PK Subban painting on twitter with the plans to repost it and tag him/promote the crap out of it today, game day. My friend (who has one of those shiny blue Verified checks next to his name) jumped the gun, and PK himself retweeted it.

It has spread like wildfire, and as a result, I'm putting my print shop up today as soon as I can figure out how to wrangle prints with my print pal.

Strike while the iron's hot! I'm just overwhelmed. And I'm kinda unsure what to do- there are hundreds of people now to reply to.. I have people like Nick Kypreos following me now... It's incredible. 

That painting is so well done that it looks like a photo.

That painting is so well done that it looks like a photo.

Just deleted my post because I didn't scroll up and realize d4rk'd already talked about it haha 

Here's the full version:

ZDLzftA.jpg

Edited by Josie914

Just deleted my post because I didn't scroll up and realize d4rk'd already talked about it haha 

Here's the full version:

ZDLzftA.jpg

Josie I am going to share this with my daughter who is an artist as well. What medium (media? not sure what the right word is) did you use to create this?  I know you're busy today so maybe shoot me a note later if you have a chance. 

It's tremendously awesome!

Josie I am going to share this with my daughter who is an artist as well. What medium (media? not sure what the right word is) did you use to create this?  I know you're busy today so maybe shoot me a note later if you have a chance. 

It's tremendously awesome!

Hey!

This is digital- Photoshop. It's my go to. Someday I'd love to get back into traditional media like acrylic again, but I'd need freetime and sustainable income for that. It's also a lot easier to make prints of a digital piece rather than trying to get a pro photo of a tangible painting. I find a lot of people today confused between the two, and I admit it makes me feel like a bit of a fake that many seem to assume this is a hardcore oil painting and not done on the computer. 

If she's got Photoshop/likes painting, I can recommend some brushes and such that I love. I have a set that I mostly use for skin/hair, and then a billion that imitate real traditional stuff like charcoal, oil, watercolor, etc. that cost a few bucks for a giant pack. Between a few specialized brushes and lots of playing with opacity/finesse, I build up areas to final. 

Very nice work, Josie. I understand (at least I think) about the compulsion for hands on if I am allowed to call it that. Lots of folks have the desire to create like you do. Very few have the talent. IMO keep creating the beautiful things that you do. There are folks here that would pay to have your talent.

Hey!

This is digital- Photoshop. It's my go to. Someday I'd love to get back into traditional media like acrylic again, but I'd need freetime and sustainable income for that. It's also a lot easier to make prints of a digital piece rather than trying to get a pro photo of a tangible painting. I find a lot of people today confused between the two, and I admit it makes me feel like a bit of a fake that many seem to assume this is a hardcore oil painting and not done on the computer. 

If she's got Photoshop/likes painting, I can recommend some brushes and such that I love. I have a set that I mostly use for skin/hair, and then a billion that imitate real traditional stuff like charcoal, oil, watercolor, etc. that cost a few bucks for a giant pack. Between a few specialized brushes and lots of playing with opacity/finesse, I build up areas to final. 

*clapping emoji*

Awesome!

My parents are returning to NY from FL this week. This includes a stop at my place in PA. We made them dinner last night, which is something I love doing, because they did it for me for damn near 20 years.

Today, I took my pops golfing. Then we stopped at a friend of his' house. A friend who he hasn't seen in 7 years. Said friend got my dad so damn drunk on Dewars. Hilarity ensued. Bringing a drunk dad home to my mom, also funny!

I look on my phone finally, and hey! Look at that! We got a new coach.

Edited by ubkev

My parents are returning to NY from FL this week. This includes a stop at my place in PA. We made them dinner last night, which is something I love doing, because they did it for me for damn near 20 years.

Today, I took my pops golfing. Then we stopped at a friend of his' house. A friend who he hasn't seen in 7 years. Said friend got my dad so damn drunk on Dewars. Hilarity ensued. Bringing a drunk dad home to my mom, also funny!

I look on my phone finally, and hey! Look at that! We got a new coach.

Awesome.

List of U26 centers with better shots/gm in a season than Eichel since 1990: Staal, Malkin, Carter, Yzerman, Federov, Yashin, Modano.

He's also 41st on the list of all players in that period.

41st? Yeah but Matthews had 40 goals this season, so clearly still better than Eichel, since 40 < 41

Edited by WildCard