Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Went to the mountains just to "look up". A little no amenities federal camp ground with a clearing on top of a mountain. Grabbed a blanket and a few drinks and laid in the meadow for 2 hours. Best weekend we've had in a long time.

The skies really cleared up tonight. I just came in from watching. Love watching meteor showers.

Today I learned about Charles Radbourn...

Radbourn was born in Rochester, NY. He went on to be a professional baseball player who played in Buffalo and Boston. He is a Hall of Famer with over 300 wins.

He was also nicknamed "Old Hoss" and happens to be the first reference to the nickname Hoss I can find on the internet.

Oh, and he's known as being the first person to ever flip off a camera.

Paddleboarding. Paddleboarding is awesome. 

Do it at sunset, if you can't stand, stay down on your knees or let your legs trail in the water. Get out far enough to see the sunset and just lay down. The water is rainbow. This sounds like goofy surfer dude talk but I've never really felt that way on water before- you're always on it or in it, never really with it. You're dry but the board is the surface of the water and the swells. Most relaxing thing I've done in a long long time. Happiest I've felt in years. 

Also holy crap it's a good full body workout. I'm still a jello mess today. I wish I had more time/lake/water access- I'd make a hobby out of it. 

Do it at sunset, if you can't stand, stay down on your knees or let your legs trail in the water. Get out far enough to see the sunset and just lay down. The water is rainbow. This sounds like goofy surfer dude talk but I've never really felt that way on water before- you're always on it or in it, never really with it. You're dry but the board is the surface of the water and the swells. Most relaxing thing I've done in a long long time. Happiest I've felt in years.

Also holy crap it's a good full body workout. I'm still a jello mess today. I wish I had more time/lake/water access- I'd make a hobby out of it.

Jees Josie, you live 15 minutes from a big lake with lots of access. Its there for you.

Jees Josie, you live 15 minutes from a big lake with lots of access. Its there for you.

I don't have the gear or the time. Time, mainly. This worked out- a hockey friend was house sitting a mansion for someone. Right on the water. 

Do it at sunset, if you can't stand, stay down on your knees or let your legs trail in the water. Get out far enough to see the sunset and just lay down. The water is rainbow. This sounds like goofy surfer dude talk but I've never really felt that way on water before- you're always on it or in it, never really with it. You're dry but the board is the surface of the water and the swells. Most relaxing thing I've done in a long long time. Happiest I've felt in years. 

My wife rented two paddleboards while we were at Chautauqua lake last week.  I never used them, but she did along with a bunch of my cousins and aunts.  My wife has done it a few times before, but there were many beginners and by all accounts everyone loved it.