Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

In some actually awesome news: I had a blood test done recently to see if I have Factor V Leiden. It's a blood disorder that increases the chances of developing blood clots. My mother and brother both had pulmonary embolisms that required emergency surgeries over the last few years due to this blood disorder. Since then a lot of members of my family have been getting tested, and another of my brothers, a cousin and two aunts all tested positive. Luckily, as you can predict based on the thread you're in, my test came back negative. I am clear of the disorder. Now hopefully it doesn't have a major impact on other members of my family who are positive, though.

That's great news, Hoss!

At Cape Canaveral for a month. Watch for an Atlas V launch on the 31st. Hopefully, this will light a little fire under the ass of my career. I'll be "on console" (read: in the control room) for the launch.

In the meantime, I'll be sampling local beers. Cigar City Jai Alai is winning so far.

I just noticed this.  Sounds pretty awesome. 

Closest I've experienced was being in the control room or in the cockpit for aircraft runs on a simulator (i.e., cockpit, visuals, etc.) for a few different aircraft.  It's amazing how much the graphics have improved over the last generation.  (My first time out they looked like the graphics from Battle Zone.)

Sitting on the couch watching LLWS tonight with my 9 year old. Totally unprompted he turns and says, "Dad, you're my favorite person in the whole world." and just goes on about his business.

And then suddenly there was dust in your eye.

Miss those innocent days....

Myself and a few friends of mine played a set at a brewery/bar last night.  We played 60 percent covers/40 percent originals.  Half the audience was our friends and families, and it was a blast.  My brother really really wanted to sing a song, so I played "What I Got" by Sublime and he took the mic.  Pretty much the entire bar sang along.  That, or seeing my 9 month old nephew rock out was the highlight.

Angry 11's recent appearance in the politics thread. It was real, and it was spectacular.

"I think it's gonna leave a mark ...".

PS ... I failed miserably on the two sets of 20 ....  two of ten!

More weights, less treadmill?

Edited by Neo

Props to Sears for selling tall length undershirts in store rather than as an online only product. I happened to see their Covington brand undershirts yesterday and the offering of a tall length forced me to give them a try.

A quite comfy fabric. I'm feeling like Ned Flanders today.

Props to Sears for selling tall length undershirts in store rather than as an online only product. I happened to see their Covington brand undershirts yesterday and the offering of a tall length forced me to give them a try.

I might have to stop by, I usually end up at the Big and Tall for those.

There are things worse than having ones' undershirt come untucked and wind up getting all balled up giving you an unsightly mushroom top look. But the worse is usually relegated to stuff below the waist line and might be considered taboo for a family friendly forum.

I will try also. Thank you for the heads up.

There are things worse than having ones' undershirt come untucked and wind up getting all balled up giving you an unsightly mushroom top look. But the worse is usually relegated to stuff below the waist line and might be considered taboo for a family friendly forum.

I will try also. Thank you for the heads up.

I will note that I also like Covington's boxers. They're pretty much the only ones I buy at this point. I should have tried their undershirts sooner.