Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

The F'N Fantastic Fridays thread was closed at least ten minutes early, so I'll say it here:

The Texas Rangers won again. F'N Fantastic.

Considering this team was the worst in all of MLB in April, the fact that they're knocking at the door of a playoff spot, and within reach of the division lead, this late in the season, is F'N Fantastic.

I should have taken a picture when I saw it first.  I checked after I posted the first time, but that was like an hour ago.  Obviously in that hour the planet has rotated, because the stars I used to mark the "object" are no longer in the same position.  Where I live, I can see the plane traffic lanes clearly; for the sake of description, the following distances are arbitrary:

The planes coming in to land at the N.F. Airport/Airbase at 10k ft. which travel, usually, south to north.

The planes landing at BNIA at 20k ft. travelling from the west south west to east north east.

Then there's a lane that's travelled mostly east to west way the f*ck up there at 30k ft or higher.

I have a great view of the sky for being so close to the city and can see the major constellations, among other stars.  So, I'm used to looking up at the sky, I know what twinkling stars look like normally, and I know the various forms a plane at night can take - their patterns and the freaky way they look coming head on, etc.

I have no idea what the hell I was seeing hover due north about 10 degrees off the horizon at 11:40pm.  I thought at first it was an aircraft, but it wasn't moving, in any direction (and trust me, I can tell).  I then thought it was a bright star, the view effected, as usual, by the atmosphere (causing the twinkle), except the twinkle was clearly red, green, blue and yellow - flashing not unlike a plane coming at you in the night, except really bright.  I finally thought, and perhaps this is closer to the truth than not, that it was a "close" star, whose twinkling and color was enhanced by the aurora borealis, seeing as it was due north.

The challenge that last explanation has is that the "star" is completely gone now.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

Okay, here's what I saw, also north. There was something kind of bright behind a cloud, I thought it was the moon, except that's not where the moon should be. Then it came out, and it was a low-hovering triangular aircraft, louder than I've ever heard one where I live, with three green and red lights at the points, and it slowly flew away. I don't live near the airport so that was the lowest I've ever seen something fly here and I've never seen anything like it. No idea what it could have been, though I'm not about to go report a ufo sighting haha

except it can't have been a cloud, so I don't really know what was hiding it, I didn't have the clearest view because of trees. It might have been behind a patch of leaves up high, I didn't pay attention to it while it wasn't moving, just while it was.

So, in Portland, Maine, one can get Live Lobster for $5/lb.

Also, I got a free Counting Crows concert while waiting for a ferry at the old port.

Also, everything is available in blueberry.

Also, lobster is $5/lb.

Buy more than you need for dinner, shell everything and make the leftovers with eggs in the AM.

I will echo the awesomeness of the Adirondacks. They are awesome, and Golden Beach is one of the best beaches I know of anywhere. Caught some nice fish as well (pics for the R+G C thread once my nephew emails them to me.)

I also want to echo the awesomeness of no internet, cable, or even cell service for seven days. It is awesome. Whenever I get back, I'm always struck by how aggressive and even violent TV is, even commercials about stuff that isn't aggressive or violent.

Oh, and the beer, pizza, and wings at Screamen Eagle (hate the spelling, don't know why) in Inlet are friggin' awesome.

One more thing that's awesome, on the way home, my wife actually thanked me for making her go camping. What a trip.

I will echo the awesomeness of the Adirondacks. They are awesome, and Golden Beach is one of the best beaches I know of anywhere. Caught some nice fish as well (pics for the R+G C thread once my nephew emails them to me.)

I also want to echo the awesomeness of no internet, cable, or even cell service for seven days. It is awesome. Whenever I get back, I'm always struck by how aggressive and even violent TV is, even commercials about stuff that isn't aggressive or violent.

Oh, and the beer, pizza, and wings at Screamen Eagle (hate the spelling, don't know why) in Inlet are friggin' awesome.

One more thing that's awesome, on the way home, my wife actually thanked me for making her go camping. What a trip.

Screamen Eagle is the bomb.

The Blue Jays back in first place in the AL East.

A nice B-Day gift, eh TbB?

Happy Birthday!!

And the Rangers have a wildcard spot, 1.5 games ahead of the others.  Considering they were the worst team in baseball in April, this is pretty exciting stuff.  Now if they can only catch the Astros...

Of course, some might argue it's because the Rangers are a bunch of cheaters!  :P

And this week the Rangers host the Jays.... could be some good baseball.

Thanks bud. Not only that, but they scored more than 10 runs each game this weekend. LAA didn't know what hit them...

The Tigers were on a similar tear before the Rangers took the weekend series from them.  This week should be interesting.  The Texas Rangers are finally getting something like a stable starting rotation.

Lifelong Mets fan here. It's been tough for a few years, but this year has been enjoyable so far, except for the fact they couldn't hit for a couple months. Penny pinching ownership will hopefully pay Cespedes and keep him around. He's exactly what they needed.

So, I downloaded this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snake people-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf?hl=en-US

It makes every instance of "snake person" or "snake people" to "snake people". Actually, it does a bit more than that- download it and then read the wikipedia entry on snake people. 

The best part is that I forget I installed it... and then even on this forum I'll see someone talking about snake people... I get thoroughly confused for a moment- but it's definitely a day maker. 

For example in the Kane thread: SaBhjtS.png

Edited by Josie914

Fast cars are awesome.

Last night, work was rough. Just a stressful end to my week. Got out of there in the wee hours.

I find myself all alone with 5 miles and 6 lanes of pure freedom in front of me. I wound her up to 130 and let everything melt away. What a therapeutic rush.

So, I downloaded this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snake people-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf?hl=en-US

It makes every instance of "snake person" or "snake people" to "snake people". Actually, it does a bit more than that- download it and then read the wikipedia entry on snake people.

The best part is that I forget I installed it... and then even on this forum I'll see someone talking about snake people... I get thoroughly confused for a moment- but it's definitely a day maker.

For example in the Kane thread: SaBhjtS.png

I like that your post makes no sense because it autocorrected millennials to "snake people" for you. :)

Also, my post was a total joke if you haven't visited the Kane thread. Would have to visit to see it.

Somebody actually did that with "politically correct" and "PC" to something like "being kind." It made everything more laughable on the Internet and made it clear why the sudden cop out of using "politically correct" as a negative term is so lame. Can't find the link but it was entertaining.

In some actually awesome news: I had a blood test done recently to see if I have Factor V Leiden. It's a blood disorder that increases the chances of developing blood clots. My mother and brother both had pulmonary embolisms that required emergency surgeries over the last few years due to this blood disorder. Since then a lot of members of my family have been getting tested, and another of my brothers, a cousin and two aunts all tested positive. Luckily, as you can predict based on the thread you're in, my test came back negative. I am clear of the disorder. Now hopefully it doesn't have a major impact on other members of my family who are positive, though.

Edited by Hoss

I like that your post makes no sense because it autocorrected millennials to "snake people" for you. :)

Also, my post was a total joke if you haven't visited the Kane thread. Would have to visit to see it.

Somebody actually did that with "politically correct" and "PC" to something like "being kind." It made everything more laughable on the Internet and made it clear why the sudden cop out of using "politically correct" as a negative term is so lame. Can't find the link but it was entertaining.

In some actually awesome news: I had a blood test done recently to see if I have Factor V Leiden. It's a blood disorder that increases the chances of developing blood clots. My mother and brother both had pulmonary embolisms that required emergency surgeries over the last few years due to this blood disorder. Since then a lot of members of my family have been getting tested, and another of my brothers, a cousin and two aunts all tested positive. Luckily, as you can predict based on the thread you're in, my test came back negative. I am clear of the disorder. Now hopefully it doesn't have a major impact on other members of my family who are positive, though.

haha I figured it was a joke, but I just love seeing "snake people" anywhere nonetheless. That just happened to be the first place I've seen it on this forum.