Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Completely unrelated to this discussion about Cleveland, I came across the Drew Carey Show on tv tonight. Man, I haven't seen that show in years, but it's really held up. Looking at the IMDB, it would seem I effectively grew up with the show on air from 1995-2004. Wild. 

When we lived in Detroit we went to Cleveland for a vacation.  Neat city.

It was. Being w/ family, hit up several touristy things: Tribe game, zoo, science museum, freighter tour, r&r hof. The concession to my younger self was all meals in local pubs. Pretty much everything but the zoo was walking distance. (Like Steven Wright says: "everything's walking distance if you've got the time" & we had the time.) Other than the Tribe game didn't have any set itinerary at all, which was nice.

I saw Victor Wooten last night.  It was amazing.  Aqueous threw down some nice grooves before he took the stage, glad I learned about them.

Victor was fantastic.  He played this:

Afterwards we went to a nearby bar to see Funknut play.  They funked hard, and Victor showed up to listen.  I got to shake his hand and chat him up a little bit.  Super nice guy.  Normally, I get a little nervous meeting super famous musicians, but I couldn't help but crack a huge smile when I walked up to him.  Victor Wooten!

I saw Victor Wooten last night.  It was amazing.  Aqueous threw down some nice grooves before he took the stage, glad I learned about them.

Victor was fantastic.  He played this:

Afterwards we went to a nearby bar to see Funknut play.  They funked hard, and Victor showed up to listen.  I got to shake his hand and chat him up a little bit.  Super nice guy.  Normally, I get a little nervous meeting super famous musicians, but I couldn't help but crack a huge smile when I walked up to him.  Victor Wooten!

That's awesome. What's with that video, though? Did some rich guy hire him to play their kid's birthday party?

I think this is the appropriate thread for this.

While shutting down the compound for the night, I closed the garage door. Within the spiderweb that was formed in the handle was trapped a stink bug that I obviously crushed when grabbing it. Sweet baby Jebus on a saltine does this thing stink.

I've washed my hands and gotten the stink off of them, but I had to have touched some article of clothing that I am wearing that I can't pin-point cuz I still smell it. Unless the stink is just imprinted on my brain.

Look, bug. I'm sorry I killed you. But whatever I have done to you, you can take to the next plane of existence that you have payed me back in spades.

A hockey writer (Kate Cimini) contacted me on twitter as she's writing an article about the NWHL jersey entries that were not chosen. She said she really loved mine and wants to interview me about inspirations, process, etc. and include the designs in the entry. 

So that's pretty cool... 

A hockey writer (Kate Cimini) contacted me on twitter as she's writing an article about the NWHL jersey entries that were not chosen. She said she really loved mine and wants to interview me about inspirations, process, etc. and include the designs in the entry. 

So that's pretty cool... 

I'm curious how she got access to the entries that weren't chosen. I think it's cool someone out there wants to give you some recognition. Perhaps the NWHL felt bad about not choosing your entries? 

I guarantee that, if anything, an article featuring images of your designs will illicit some "what the f*ck?!" responses from people who were actually interested in the process. 

I'm curious how she got access to the entries that weren't chosen. I think it's cool someone out there wants to give you some recognition. Perhaps the NWHL felt bad about not choosing your entries? 

I guarantee that, if anything, an article featuring images of your designs will illicit some "what the f*ck?!" responses from people who were actually interested in the process. 

No, she saw the ones I had tweeted. Ah, the power of hashtags.

Edited by Josie914

So that's pretty cool... 

Nice! Good work by Cimini.

So that's pretty cool... 

I can't recall ever seeing your design.  Can you share?

So that's pretty cool... 

Thats awesome.

The internet keeps cutting out at work because the forecast is predicting rain, so we took my boss' two stroke bicycle out for some laps around the business park. That was a nice break from the computer.  :thumbsup:

sorry this is all i can imagine

MqJ7Bwt.png