Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Got back Friday from a week in the mountains. Awesome in and of itself. In addition, going to a place where an internet connection isn't possible make it that much easier to put the phone down and enjoy your time. I need to do that more.

I'm guessing ADK?(thought that's what you said in the other thread) All week in one spot or did you migrate? The boat access only campground at Indian lake islands is a sure thing for me. Esp site 52. Lots of time spent at deer river flow(farther north). Deer river flow is like little Tupper. Free. Absolutely love that reservoir. Barnum pond has some real nice fishing. DeBar(Meacham lake) and Azure mtns are northern too and get over looked by most hikers. Well DeBar is the most northern high peak(I think) so the 46ers eventually end up there. I've got half of them left to do myself. Azure has a fire tower that has been restored by a local group. Get into the split rock region and I could show you all of the hand dug pools that are intended for fire fighting built back when the forest burned in the early 1900s. They are still there and still full of water. ADK is a national treasure IMO. Any mtn is a good one though. No matter which range you were at.

I'm guessing ADK?(thought that's what you said in the other thread) All week in one spot or did you migrate? The boat access only campground at Indian lake islands is a sure thing for me. Esp site 52. Lots of time spent at deer river flow(farther north). Deer river flow is like little Tupper. Free. Absolutely love that reservoir. Barnum pond has some real nice fishing. DeBar(Meacham lake) and Azure mtns are northern too and get over looked by most hikers. Well DeBar is the most northern high peak(I think) so the 46ers eventually end up there. I've got half of them left to do myself. Azure has a fire tower that has been restored by a local group. Get into the split rock region and I could show you all of the hand dug pools that are intended for fire fighting built back when the forest burned in the early 1900s. They are still there and still full of water. ADK is a national treasure IMO. Any mtn is a good one though. No matter which range you were at.

Yup, ADK, and all in one place. My family has been renting lake houses on 4th lake (specifically, Eagle Bay near Inlet if that means anything to anyone) a week a year for like 35 years now, so we know our way around that area, haha. I usually go up for a weekend a year and do one of the 46 with my dad and brother, too. My dad's got about 30 under his belt, me and my brother are around 15 each, but not the same ones.

I'll have to try Azure some time. If you're looking for more mountains w/ the fire towers, I can suggest Blue Mountain, which is a couple hours up, or Bald(also called Rondaxe) mountain, which is only about 45 minutes up, but is one of the best bang for your buck hikes I've seen up there. You can do it while you're on your way other places if you happen to be driving on 28 passed the Fulton Chain.

Yup, ADK, and all in one place. My family has been renting lake houses on 4th lake (specifically, Eagle Bay near Inlet if that means anything to anyone) a week a year for like 35 years now, so we know our way around that area, haha. I usually go up for a weekend a year and do one of the 46 with my dad and brother, too. My dad's got about 30 under his belt, me and my brother are around 15 each, but not the same ones.

I'll have to try Azure some time. If you're looking for more mountains w/ the fire towers, I can suggest Blue Mountain, which is a couple hours up, or Bald(also called Rondaxe) mountain, which is only about 45 minutes up, but is one of the best bang for your buck hikes I've seen up there. You can do it while you're on your way other places if you happen to be driving on 28 passed the Fulton Chain.

I just looked up Fourth. You're way out there by the northway. Next time you should take a day and drive up the northway to Keeseville. I can't remember the exact route(I think it's chasm road) but I'll ask my folks. It is the best road you will ever travel. I'm guessing a few hours from Fourth. You're close enough to catch Ausable chasm while you're there. Another gem of ADK.

Elijah Wood?  You mean Daniel Radcliffe?  He's been getting work, it's just been primarily on the stage.

It's a popular joke to call them one another because they are routinely mistaken as such by fans.  ;)

Edited by WildCard

Hmm, that sounds familar:

post-1315-0-03876400-1440018680_thumb.jpg

It always blows my mind when I see a post that quotes itself. I'm worried it's one of those moments where the time-space continuum is about to cave in on itself.

The worst part is I still got the gat damn quote wrong. The inmate says to Chevy "take your pants off". Chevy says " but we've just met. I don't even know your name." Inmate says "bend over" and Chevy chimes in with "Ben, nice to meet you."

Don't worry though. Space-time will be just fine unless it relies on my sobriety. If that's the case then we are all doomed. DOOMED I tell you.

I was just IN a rainbow.

I was driving home eastbound on Rt 20 when I drove into a small downpour. The angle of the sun and the location of the rain must have been perfect because the resulting rainbow (which my father confirmed that he saw as well) was not off in the distance, but directly outside my windshield. Everything outside my car was filtered by the rainbow. I could look to the right shoulder of the road and all of the trees passing in front of me were BEHIND the rainbow. And I could look up and to the left and follow the rainbow up into the sky. It was quite disorienting. And very cool.

I was just IN a rainbow.

I was driving home eastbound on Rt 20 when I drove into a small downpour. The angle of the sun and the location of the rain must have been perfect because the resulting rainbow (which my father confirmed that he saw as well) was not off in the distance, but directly outside my windshield. Everything outside my car was filtered by the rainbow. I could look to the right shoulder of the road and all of the trees passing in front of me were BEHIND the rainbow. And I could look up and to the left and follow the rainbow up into the sky. It was quite disorienting. And very cool.

Awfully big for a leprechaun, aren't 'cha? :p

So where'd you rehide the pot of gold? ;)

Sounds pretty friggin' cool. :beer:

Hey look! Cimini's first article about NWHL sweater designs is up! There's gonna be more besides just me, so stay tuned- should be interesting!!! 

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nwhl/third-jerseys-joanna-eberts-designs-nwhl-sweaters/

It's great to have that write up out there, but man is the editing on the site horrible.  I almost never notice these things, so they have to be really bad for me to be catching them.

It is very cool.

Congrats, Josie. 

I especially like how you got that turd burger dig in there.

I'd never use the T-word, but I did notice that the Beauts jersey is white in front and black in back (unless that's home/away). :ph34r: