Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The OT interception might of been his worst ever.  There was no need to force it in the endzone on a 2 and 10.  Take the underneath stuff for 5-8 yards and stay in the game.  

If I had to guess, there was a bit of being pissed at himself for the end of regulation and thinking "I'm going to win it right here!"

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Josh never looked this bad last year (I think).

He had some bad games in the middle (ref: Jacksonville.)

We deserved to lose this game. Can't cover Jefferson, can't make elementary football plays. We sucked, 3 games in a row in the second half.... Idk who to blame, is it Dorsey, Allen, idk, all these 3rd and longs we give up. 

Allen needs to reel it in. 

A coaching change may be in the future. 

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

I see we are all in fine Buffalo Sports moods about now 😀

So they lost a couple in a row, meh, we should all be used to it. 

I've chosen catching fish over catching a 1 pm Sunday Bills game for some years now and I don't regret it.   

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, carpandean said:

Well, you see, he can grip the ball, so ... all good. 😕

Except on a snap from under center at his own half yard line. That's the easiest play to complete. He handles that snap and falls forward......game over. 

Edited by Claude Balls

B.I.L.L.S. Boy I Love Losing Stupidly... the bottom line is these guys rarely get blown out, but every loss they seem to find creative ways to lose in often the oddest ways.  I have never seen a team hold on downs and lose the ball on an easy wedge play, a basic kneel down.  Throw the ball maybe?  Take the safety? You have to think it is coaching at this point. 

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Agree 1

CAVEAT: I have been called line-obsessed.  I own that moniker with pride and confidence.

IMHO. Allen seems to be in a hurry more often each week and in an increasing hurry each week.  He appears increasingly uncomfortable in the pocket even when he has time to throw -- and I would swear that were times today when he appeared surprised that he had time to throw.

To my mind, the problems with Allen, the running game, and the play calling start with a very mediocre offencive line.  I see Allen's discomfiture in the pocket as part of the line's woes.  The inconsistent running game is mostly on the line.  The inability to run the ball effectively even when the other team is expecting run to bleed the clock with a lead is mostly on the line.  If I were the offencive co-ordinator, the line would drive me nuts and would steer me into errors.  And ineffective line play would affect me if I were the QB.

Maybe a small thing. But the punt by Minny before the half.....Why were the Bills returners anywhere near that ball?

To me that points to a systemic problem throughout the team/organization/coaching staff. They  just arent a smart football team.

These mental lapses get repeated in all sorts of situations with this team. 

Its a shame because this team has enough talent to get to the SB and win it.

And its tough because how do you fire a coach who has done so much for the franchise?

If I were the owner I just dont think I could do it. And in the meantime that window of opportunity may all of a sudden close.

They are going crazing on TSW.   Absolutely crazy.

It looks like the Bills have dropped from 1st overall in the conference to a wild card team, just in the past few weeks. 

Injuries are really hurting the defense. 

Allen is failing to take what is given to him and is forcing too many long passes that he is just not hitting. 

That fumble in the end zone cannot happen.  It cost them the game.   Last year was the slip on the goal line versus the Titans.  Today he fumbles the snap in the endzone when all he needed was any kind of a gain, anything.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

B.I.L.L.S. Boy I Love Losing Stupidly... the bottom line is these guys rarely get blown out, but every loss they seem to find creative ways to lose in often the oddest ways.  I have never seen a team hold on downs and lose the ball on an easy wedge play, a basic kneel down.  Throw the ball maybe?  Take the safety? You have to think it is coaching at this point. 

This is spot on. Buffalo is the only team that finds new & creative ways to lose games.

• Like (+1) 2

Josh is not 100%.  Not even close.  That exposes a pretty weak O line.  The D is not what it has been earlier this season due to injuries.

They need to do just enough to win against the Browns and buy some time for Josh and the D to heal.

When that happens the Bills will be fine.  Injuries happen.  Deal with it.

A 100% JA is more than good enough to cover up any other issues, including some strange coaching decisions, with this team.

The Bills are better than any other team in the AFC.  They are better than the Vikings.  They are better than the Eagles.

They are being pushed in the division this year, but not a lot.  They will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

My theory is that Allen's elbow injury helped create those three horrible turnovers (two interceptions in the end zone and the muffed snap). Hero ball strikes again. No proof, just a theory that although he was able to put up yards, the elbow came back to haunt him at the worst times. 

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Regardless of who won, that was one of the strangest game endings I've ever seen. 

If you had no horse in the race it was probably fun to watch.   For Bills fans, well, I'm guessing somewhere a TV got destroyed.

5 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

The first thing my father-in-law said after the TD was take the safety.  I'm sure he wasn't the only one. 

If you do that, you’re kicking to them and now a FG beats you.  

No reason to overthink this.   JA17 is the QB you would want in this situation where you just need any positive yardage.  He just screwed up.  

51 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

If you had no horse in the race it was probably fun to watch.   For Bills fans, well, I'm guessing somewhere a TV got destroyed.

I don’t want to know what my blood pressure was during the 4th quarter.  I walked away before OT started because I was feeling genuinely stressed.

It wasn’t just the game, but the game was sure not the relaxing Sunday I sorely needed.  

2 hours ago, Indabuff said:

The first thing my father-in-law said after the TD was take the safety.  I'm sure he wasn't the only one. 

Usually "taking the safety" involve snapping to the quarterback, who runs around the back of the end zone as long as he safely can, eating up clock, and then steps out.  A bad snap can happen there, too.

The usual move with the time and score (as opposed to with a lot less time and/or up more points) is to do what they did.  They still might stop you in the end zone, resulting in a safety, but if not, you win the game with the clock.

Bad exchange at the worst possible time; nothing more to it.

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 1

That snap made me nervous. The tightness of it all and possibly Josh tweaked his injury. I would bet anything the coaches debated various ways to proceed. Shotgun snap and throw it away if no one's wide open. Or Josh rolls out. The element of surprise would have been enormous. 

Yeah I know. It's 20/20 hindsight.

Josh needs to know when hero ball(Favre 2.0) is okay, and when it is not. If he can’t elevate his game in this regard, can you imagine yesterday happening in a SB?

If not, he will be an exciting player that over his career will win you many games, and lose games that should have been wins.