Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

Oh also:  @calti take some time to relax.  Learn to play the violin or how to gut a fish or something.  Baking is popular these days.  But you're killing yourself over this football team--I don't even do that with the Sabres anymore!

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

He plays like trash til he gets hit.  Just watch his games 

Yeah?  I watched the one where he got hit and found out, and he's not the same.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

New game plan: designed QB runs until Josh gets banged up enough to get the jitters out of him.

They look bad but did their thing for one quarter and somehow one quarter was enough to win.  Fix Josh ASAP. Our secondary…they do nothing.  without Poyer today we lose this game. 

It certainly has been a thing for Josh.  Needing to chill as he airmails his first few passes every game. I’ve always asked for a couple QB runs early to temper the enthusiasm.  Bills coaches seem unaware. 

The AFC standings this morning ...

https://www.tsn.ca/nfl/standings

The Bills are and will continue to be fine.

Even $ to make the playoff along with KC.  And a few bucks under KC to win the conference.  Seems like the sport books still like the Bills chances.

Everybody needs to relax (some more than others) and enjoy the ride.

Also if not for a tiebraker all 4 AFC East teams would be in the playoff this morning.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills offense does not look right. Ken Dorsey playcalling is maddeningly awful at times. The team needs 2 yards, 4 receivers, every route is 20 yards or more down field. Team needs 12 yards, bubble screen or draw up the gut. It is just laughably bad at times. No wonder Diggs was getting pissed yesterday. Dorsey tossed out all the lessons learned from playing LA and now thinks he is playing the Chiefs every game so everything has to be 50 yrd passes. Beane is also culpable. The offensive line is not good. What do we do though? We keep dumping assets into running back. At least yesterday Cook finally was allowed to do his thing and low and behold! He's good, which every Georgia fan already knew. 

This team doesn't look right and idk how else to say that. They seem unfocused and they make simple mistakes (see Cam Lewis' and his stupid attempt at an interception instead of batting the ball away against Minnesota). Idk, my feelings after the win aren't much improved. Allen still looked wrong, the offense was inept for large chunks of the game, the defense has major issues executing on 3rd and long. Sorry but unless something changes, this team isn't winning playoff games. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The Bills offense does not look right. Ken Dorsey playcalling is maddeningly awful at times. The team needs 2 yards, 4 receivers, every route is 20 yards or more down field. Team needs 12 yards, bubble screen or draw up the gut. It is just laughably bad at times. No wonder Diggs was getting pissed yesterday. Dorsey tossed out all the lessons learned from playing LA and now thinks he is playing the Chiefs every game so everything has to be 50 yrd passes. Beane is also culpable. The offensive line is not good. What do we do though? We keep dumping assets into running back. At least yesterday Cook finally was allowed to do his thing and low and behold! He's good, which every Georgia fan already knew. 

This team doesn't look right and idk how else to say that. They seem unfocused and they make simple mistakes (see Cam Lewis' and his stupid attempt at an interception instead of batting the ball away against Minnesota). Idk, my feelings after the win aren't much improved. Allen still looked wrong, the offense was inept for large chunks of the game, the defense has major issues executing on 3rd and long. Sorry but unless something changes, this team isn't winning playoff games. 

Team stormcloud 

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

That takes care of itself every single season. They still have to play each other a handful of times. 

Yup, but I don't recall a time recently when half way through the season all 4 teams were in the playoff.  The last 20 or so years NE ran away with the division and maybe one team was chasing them and eventually didn't make the playoff. 

Just now, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Yup, but I don't recall a time recently when half way through the season all 4 teams were in the playoff.  The last 20 or so years NE ran away with the division and maybe one team was chasing them and eventually didn't make the playoff. 

Yeah, but I’d imagine other divisions have popped up from time to time. The NFC east always seems to pop up from time to time. 

But then again, every team in a division making the playoffs was only possible for the first time just last year, right?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, but I’d imagine other divisions have popped up from time to time. The NFC east always seems to pop up from time to time. 

But then again, every team in a division making the playoffs was only possible for the first time just last year, right?

You are right about both.  Last year was when they added the 3rd WC, which made it possible for all 4 in a division to make it in.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Lots of injuries, especially on defense, can be a partial excuse but the team has overcome most of them. 

Dorsey's play calling on the other hand is a problem.  His reluctance to develop a run game is a problem - he finally committed to run against Cleveland and it helped a lot.  

The rest of the league knows how to slow down the Bills offense now so being a one dimensional passing team and putting 90% of the offense on Allen is not gonna get it done. 

Hoping to see more balance on offense and more starters back on defense.  That will help.  

4 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

There was 1 year in The Drought where the Bills were in 4th at 8-8 (0-6 in the division).  That's pretty close.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Lots of injuries, especially on defense, can be a partial excuse but the team has overcome most of them. 

Dorsey's play calling on the other hand is a problem.  His reluctance to develop a run game is a problem - he finally committed to run against Cleveland and it helped a lot.  

The rest of the league knows how to slow down the Bills offense now so being a one dimensional passing team and putting 90% of the offense on Allen is not gonna get it done. 

Hoping to see more balance on offense and more starters back on defense.  That will help.  

Last year, except for Allen, they hardly ever ran before the loss in Tampa but they did so pretty effectively afterwards.  And won a lot of games.

Maybe the Vikes & 1st Q of Cleveland was this year's wake up call.

Made it back to ROC from Detroit today. I understand it isn’t practical to spend an extra half a billion dollars to put a roof on the new digs for approx eight winter events per year, but that’s exactly what I want.  27 degrees outside and 70 inside. It was just perfect. Detroit was a great host, both the local sports fans and hospitality/venue staff. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2022 at 5:48 PM, GoPre said:

Dude- seriously?  A team that has four losses in ten games is likely to lose more.  And then you have to factor in other teams play.  Do you not have any common sense?   

Someone is lacking common sense here, and it isn't me. You, for some unknown reason, think a team that is leading the league in point differential (2nd in PF, 5th in PA), leading the league in total DVOA (6th offensive, 3rd defensive, 3rd ST), and is leading the conference in strength of victory is probably going to miss the playoffs if they're 6-4.  Get real, here.

9 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Made it back to ROC from Detroit today. I understand it isn’t practical to spend an extra half a billion dollars to put a roof on the new digs for approx eight winter events per year, but that’s exactly what I want.  27 degrees outside and 70 inside. It was just perfect. Detroit was a great host, both the local sports fans and hospitality/venue staff. 

I was just in Detroit a few weeks ago for a convention (KubeCon/CloudNativeCon), it was pretty cool although I didn't really get out of the downtown/convention center area. Kinda like a bigger Buffalo, with a mix of those classic early 1900s office buildings but several more modern buildings. There was a Red Wings game the one night (which I didn't go to). I'm sure it'd be awesome being there on a game day with the Lions and Tigers (but not the Bears) downtown. A downtown dome in Buffalo would have been awesome. Maybe I'll be around in 40 years when they have to replace this new one with a $20B new one to see it downtown.

11 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Someone is lacking common sense here, and it isn't me. You, for some unknown reason, think a team that is leading the league in point differential (2nd in PF, 5th in PA), leading the league in total DVOA (6th offensive, 3rd defensive, 3rd ST), and is leading the conference in strength of victory is probably going to miss the playoffs if they're 6-4.  Get real, here.

If a team is 6-4, they will not be high in the standings, which means missing the playoffs is something that can seriously happen.  You do realize 4 losses in 10 games does not have a strong winning percentage, right?  Win/loss is the only stat that actually counts.  Rankings in other stat categories do not determine what teams make/do not make the playoffs.  So…. “Get real, here.”  🙄

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

If a team is 6-4, they will not be high in the standings, which means missing the playoffs is something that can seriously happen.  You do realize 4 losses in 10 games does not have a strong winning percentage, right?  Win/loss is the only stat that actually counts.  Rankings in other stat categories do not determine what teams make/do not make the playoffs.  So…. “Get real, here.”  🙄

Your lack of logic is shining through. First, 75% of the 6-4 teams in the league is currently holding a playoff spot.

Second, those stats indicate future success.  A 6-4 team with a negative point differential and has beaten 5 bad teams? Probably not going to end up with a record as good as a 6-4 team leading the league in many key stats.

Third, when you actually look at how well 6-4 teams have done (e.g. see https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-playoff-picture-making-the-case-for-against-seven-fringe-teams), then you'll see that 6-4 teams make the playoffs nearly 60% of the time.

Fourth, I did an internet search for NFL playoff odds, and all three links I clicked (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/playoff-odds and http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html) had every 6-4 team with greater than 50% odds of making the playoffs.

56 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Your lack of logic is shining through. First, 75% of the 6-4 teams in the league is currently holding a playoff spot.

Second, those stats indicate future success.  A 6-4 team with a negative point differential and has beaten 5 bad teams? Probably not going to end up with a record as good as a 6-4 team leading the league in many key stats.

Third, when you actually look at how well 6-4 teams have done (e.g. see https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-playoff-picture-making-the-case-for-against-seven-fringe-teams), then you'll see that 6-4 teams make the playoffs nearly 60% of the time.

Fourth, I did an internet search for NFL playoff odds, and all three links I clicked (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/playoff-odds and http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html) had every 6-4 team with greater than 50% odds of making the playoffs.

You’re cracking me up 😂